News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though one thing about their indifference: I feel an odd pity for the deputants who showed up on behalf of the complaints--yeah, they may be insufferable pro-Ford trolls, but it's almost like they were left to fend for themselves--flailing about, stiffed by the party whom they were defending. And I suspect even the Fords might think of them as "dumb broads"--oh, useful, *very* useful; but, dumb all the same.

Reminds me of Karl Rove during the 2004 election who would privately refer to Bush's bible-thumping evangelical base as "the nuts." I think its fairly common for political elites to frown upon their lowly flock. They wave the carrot and reap the economic and cultural benefits for themselves.

Last edited:
I've been waiting so long for this :eek:

o5E6COul.jpg

KKK, drugs and gangs, prostitutes, jailhouse beatings, street shootings and a very rich family. This game is just begging to be made. Thanks RoFo!

Last edited:
He could have been asking Bellissimo to protect the boyfriend/brother-in-law in return for ... ? That's my guess.

Mine is that Kathy told him McIntyre had been beaten up by Bellissimo. That wasn't planned, or it wasn't supposed to go that far. Rob became agitated and went to have it out with Bellissimo.

I've seen this plot in a dozen film noirs.

Meanwhile, back on the football front...
The team forfeited its three July games. The Raiders organization itself failed to pay the $1,000 in registration fees it owed the league.

“You have to pay the league $500 per team to play. We never received a $500 payment for either team,” Ralph said.

“This is the first time we’ve ever had — and I’ve been involved in this league for the eight years it’s been going — this is the first time we’ve ever had a team finish the season without paying its league fees,” he said.

Ralph said the Raiders still owe the league $1,950, including a $500 fine for the forfeits.

For a guy who claims to have dropped $100k on his football teams, you'd think he could cough up a couple of bucks to let them play. It's really a public safety thing - without football they'll be joining gangs, freebasing meth and shooting each other. Having to endure two months without football, it's a wonder any of them are still alive.

Reminds me of Karl Rove during the 2004 election who would privately refer to Bush's bible-thumping evangelical base as "the nuts."

Or how cops refer to civilian cop-backers as "barrel suckers". Or how junior hockey players refer to their groupies as "ramp tramps".

We all know that Christian fundamentalists who are concerned with video game content in the United States would love to bash Greater Toronto Area (the game). After all, that group is closely aligned with Rob Ford, as they share homophobic qualities (as well as them being anti-progressive and oppose anyone who is not Christian, and most importantly, they are both far right-wing).

That gave me ideas for other games:

Rob Ford's Dream Land: think Kirby, but with Rob Ford instead
SimToronto: like SimCity, except that it is Toronto-specific
Super Smash Council: like Smash Bros. except with Toronto city council members
Torontonianization: like Civilization, except it is Toronto-specific
Toronto Online: an MMORPG set in Toronto featuring two warring mutually-exclusive factions: the Left (led by Olivia Chow) and the Right (led by Rob Ford) with a neutral Centre faction (led by Josh Matlow) (similar to World of WarCraft)
TTC Tycoon: like Roller Coaster Tycoon or Transport Tycoon or Cities in Motion, except that it deals with managing the Toronto Transit Commission

Rob Ford would fit in very well in Super Mario Bros. That entire game is full of references to drugs and addiction. Super Ford Bros.

We all know that Christian fundamentalists who are concerned with video game content in the United States would love to bash Greater Toronto Area (the game).
We all know? I've never heard about Christian fundamentalists being concerned about US video game content. I'm sure your correct, but would I even care enough to look into what foreign nutters have issues with? I've also never heard of a game called "Greater Toronto Area".

Your basic premise that "we all know" seems flawed.

Rob Ford would fit in very well in Super Mario Bros. That entire game is full of references to drugs and addiction. Super Ford Bros.
That too. Rob Ford would take the place of Mario. Doug Ford would take the place of Luigi.

We all know? I've never heard about Christian fundamentalists being concerned about US video game content. I'm sure your correct, but would I even care enough to look into what foreign nutters have issues with? I've also never heard of a game called "Greater Toronto Area".

Your basic premise that "we all know" seems flawed.
You should see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_controversies and TTM's post as well. It is supposed to be a joke, except for some Bible-thumpers who cannot stand certain video games.

True. I think the Fords could really be the Kennedey's, all that's stopping them is two bullets, and a car accident. :p

People are usually better dressed in film noir... this is film beige at best... or Tarantino?

Of course this story has movie-of-the-week written all over it. Tarantino would be perfect. But, hell, even the makers of "Jack" could produce the Rob Ford story and I wouldn't be able to tear my eyes from the screen, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back