40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING NEWS

George Smithermans husband is missing!

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/27496

(note to mods not sure if this is the right place to post this. feel free to move to another thread)

george_smitherman_and_christopher_peloso.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

NATHAN DENETTE / THE CANADIAN PRESS

Toronto police are asking for the public’s help to locate Christopher Peloso, the husband of former mayoral candidate George Smitherman.
Peloso, 39, was last seen Monday in the Davenport Rd. and Bathurst St. area and police said they are concerned for his safety.
He is described as a white male with brown hair, 5’8” and around 150 lbs. He was wearing a dark-blue jacket with a hood, tan-coloured cargo shorts and blue flip-flops.

UPDATE:

STATEMENT FROM GEORGE SMITHERMAN ON THE DISAPPEARANCE OF HIS HUSBAND

George Smitherman Statement: I regret to confirm that Christopher Peloso has been missing from our home for almost 24 hours. Michael, Kayla and myself, with the support of family and friends, are hopeful that our husband and father will be home safely soon.

Last edited:
There is no RFFF. There are no legal documents, officers, charitable registration numbers, trust numbers, expense reporting or other elements of what one would consider to be an actual entity. It appears to exist solely as a sub-ledger account of the Toronto Community Foundation. Donations are made to the TCF with spending controlled by Ford. Part of the mission of the TCF is to offload the paperwork and governance from micro-charities, so that's not really an issue. One assumes that TCF policies and procedures have been followed (anyone know if TCF is FOI-able?). However, it does give Ford latitude to make up whatever shit he wants to about the 'foundation' and avoid public scrutiny.
This is a legitimate fund administered by TCF. There are signed agreement documents and annual account reports. Tax receipts are issued by TCF. There are disbursement quotas and all funds are held by TCF. I've got a foundation set up with them as well, and I've sat on the board of another community foundation. It's common practice for individual and family-run fundraising ventures.

This is a legitimate fund administered by TCF. There are signed agreement documents and annual account reports. Tax receipts are issued by TCF. There are disbursement quotas and all funds are held by TCF. I've got a foundation set up with them as well, and I've sat on the board of another community foundation. It's common practice for individual and family-run fundraising ventures.

That's what I said. By not existing I mean it certainly doesn't appear to meet the legal definition of a public or private foundation under the Income Tax Act. One could argue that the "Foundation" in the name is more than a little misleading. If anyone has info to the contrary I'd be interested to see it, but I've never seen any evidence of an actual "foundation".

The TCF's involvement is legit but it does cause transparency issues. If it was a real charity anyone could look at their T3010 return on the CRA website and see what's going on. But since it's just a fund administered by TCF we don't have access to that info.

Is there any way for the public to get access to the annual account report for the fund?

We have defamation laws to deal with libel. If the allegations against the Star and G&M have merit let the Ford's sue the papers.

Indeed we do but you need bottomless pockets to take on news organizations with lawyers on speed dial plus libel insurance to pay the way. You can also be sure that the stories in question were heavily lawyered before they went to print. Also, I suspect in this case, too much dirty laundry might be aired that the Ford family would not want out there, even if it has nothing to do with crack, pot and Dixon Road. For example, you can be sure that any rehab stays would have to be entered into evidence, as well as hair samples etc.

Mayor Ford asked judge to free drug dealer

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. I most be the only person on this forum that reads the SUN.
It was posted a couple of weeks ago be evvabeing. It was shit upon because it wasn't new news.

It was posted a couple of weeks ago be evvabeing. It was shit upon because it wasn't new news.

The fact that Rob Ford asked a judge not to incarcerate a convicted drug dealer was NOT published before today. This is in fact news.

That's what I said. By not existing I mean it certainly doesn't appear to meet the legal definition of a public or private foundation under the Income Tax Act. One could argue that the "Foundation" in the name is more than a little misleading. If anyone has info to the contrary I'd be interested to see it, but I've never seen any evidence of an actual "foundation".

The TCF's involvement is legit but it does cause transparency issues. If it was a real charity anyone could look at their T3010 return on the CRA website and see what's going on. But since it's just a fund administered by TCF we don't have access to that info.

Is there any way for the public to get access to the annual account report for the fund?

It's called a Foundation because that's what they want to call it -- there doesn't seem to be any restriction on what you can call donor-advised funds. T3010's don't tell the whole story either.

I'm not sure if annual reports are available to the public for individual funds/foundations -- given that TCF administers hundreds of such funds, they are simply listed in the annual report. Each fund is issued an annual report to the people or family or group that set it up. I'll find out if an interested donor or member of the public can request individual foundation/fund reports.

Info on setting up a fund is here: http://www.tcf.ca/start-your-foundation Notice the link is called "Start your foundation". Funds can be set up for a minimum of 10 years or in perpetuity. All of that is included in the agreements you sign.

When it's time to grant money out of the funds, a request is sent to TCF who verifies that the recipient is legit (has to be a registered charity) before issuing the money.

As a fund "advisor" myself, I will admit that it does get complicated trying to fundraise and explain to people why their receipts are issued by TCF and not by our "foundation", but given the hoops you have to go through and ongoing administrative requirements of setting up your own charity (which I have done in the past), having community foundations take care of it all is very beneficial and cost-effective and ensures arms-length accountability for small and/or family-run foundations.

The fact that Rob Ford asked a judge not to incarcerate a convicted drug dealer was NOT published before today. This is in fact news.

MacIntyre is the alleged ex that sold drugs to Robbie and Kathy, that's why he wanted money from them.

Mayor Ford asked judge to free drug dealer

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/10/mayor-rob-ford-asked-judge-to-free-drug-dealer

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. I most be the only person on this forum that reads the SUN.

I have @goldsbie to read it for me. And luckily for us he reads stories right to the end.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 5h

Three days before Rob Ford tried to visit Bruno Bellissimo in jail, another guy he knew there got severely beaten up: http://bit.ly/189b4B4

I'm not sure it's a big deal that the victim of a crime is intervening for non-incarceration - mayor or not.

The issue here, however, is that Rob Ford is trying to spring his former drug dealer.

I have @goldsbie to read it for me. And luckily for us he reads stories right to the end.

I read the story right to the end. The SUN article does not mention that MacIntyre was beat up three days before Ford tried to visit Bruno Bellissimo in the same jail. It's an interesting fact but I'm not sure that the two events have anything to do with each other.

I read the story right to the end. The SUN article does not mention that MacIntyre was beat up three days before Ford tried to visit Bruno Bellissimo in the same jail. It's an interesting fact but I'm not sure that the two events have anything to do with each other.

Huh?

MacIntyre suffered "jailhouse justice" on March 22 while at Metro West Detention Centre when inmates viciously attacked and beat him, breaking his right leg and knocking out some of his teeth, said French. It was expected it would take a year for MacIntyre to completely recover from his "catastrophic leg" injury.

It's exactly the kind of thing that can explain Ford's bizarre visit. The man who threatened Ford is seriously injured in jail, and Ford visits a violent friend in the same jail a few days later?

The pattern is there. It would not be so strange if Ford's unsavoury friends are willing to use violence to help him, whether with Ford's consent or not.

In this case we have t oask if Bellissimo was involved in hurting McIntyre. Meanwhile, the Star is alleging that Lisi was involved in beating up the Bassos. Personally, I cannot believe that Ford would sanction an assault on his old girlfriend for any reason. But maybe I'm a sentimentalist.

But I'm not aware of links between Ford's friends and the other people hurtt in the aftermath of the video story. Let's see ...

- Smith and Khattak were shot, but we don't know of links between those charged and Ford, do we?
- Siad was stabbed in the Don Jail in June. Certainly associates of Ford's were there too but that's hardly evidence
- Hanad Hussein was thrown off a balcony in Fort McMurray, but again I know no link to the Ford gang

I'm at a loss. I miss evvabeing!

I'm at a loss. I miss evvabeing!
+1

I also agree that it is possible that there is a link between the jail house attack on Kathy's boyfriend and Ford's late-night jail-house visit it's just not clear to me what that link is. It is intriguing.

+1

I also agree that it is possible that there is a link between the jail house attack on Kathy's boyfriend and Ford's late-night jail-house visit it's just not clear to me what that link is. It is intriguing.

He could have been asking Bellissimo to protect the boyfriend/brother-in-law in return for ... ? That's my guess.

The only thing surrounding the hearing that has any importance is what validity the Fords give it, and since they (to my present knowledge) have decided to be indifferent to the event speaks volumes.

Though one thing about their indifference: I feel an odd pity for the deputants who showed up on behalf of the complaints--yeah, they may be insufferable pro-Ford trolls, but it's almost like they were left to fend for themselves--flailing about, stiffed by the party whom they were defending. And I suspect even the Fords might think of them as "dumb broads"--oh, useful, *very* useful; but, dumb all the same. Nothing more than cheap, pathetic, troubled whores--but better a cheap whore than a meddlesome battle axe. At least whores "give pleasure".

And their pathos may be a foretelling of how fall-apart-at-the-seams *flimsy* this mythic entity known as "Ford Nation" actually is, despite all appearances...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back