News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez guys, don't you know enough about Doug Ford? Do you really think he even NOTICED the plane? Of course his first reaction is "The Plane? Um..... YEAH - the PLANE. Yeah I uh, called my buddies on the police force because I'm such a hot-shit guy, they told me it was something else. I think it's the Toronto Star! The Star! The Star has a vendetta against us remember!!" He's got to save face. If you made up a story that you saw a van parked down the street from his house with a guy taking pictures, he wouldn't even hesitate to believe you, say that he saw it, say that he was worried about the safety of his family and told his cop buddies about it, and it's probably The Star.

Like where does this speculation that senior guys at the police even said anything? You guys are speculating, "oh, heads are going to roll, early retirement is going to happen quietly, blah blah blah..." - but what's the screwup? That if Doug Ford did call the police, that they made up a story about what the purpose of the planes is? Or do you think, in reality - based on literally zero information that we actually know - somebody actually told Doug Ford what was happening and he's lying about it now?

Aside from that... I wouldn't give much credence to Warmington. He seems to be the Fords' mouthpiece in the media, and he's literally just trumpeting what Doug Ford said when he tweets about how the docs were released. Of course Ford is going to try to distract from the real story, once again...

And I still wonder how much moolah they *really* have left to bail themselves out of whatever mess they're in...

How much would you pay to be a fly on the wall when the police bring Ford in for questioning and he says "Anything else?"

Jeez guys, don't you know enough about Doug Ford? Do you really think he even NOTICED the plane? Of course his first reaction is "The Plane? Um..... YEAH - the PLANE. Yeah I uh, called my buddies on the police force because I'm such a hot-shit guy, they told me it was something else. I think it's the Toronto Star! The Star! The Star has a vendetta against us remember!!" He's got to save face. If you made up a story that you saw a van parked down the street from his house with a guy taking pictures, he wouldn't even hesitate to believe you, say that he saw it, say that he was worried about the safety of his family and told his cop buddies about it, and it's probably The Star.

This is exactly right. I don't for a second believe that Doug - or anyone associated with the Fords - knew about the surveillance. The first rule of surveillance is probably something like: "Don't pay to rent a surveillance plane and then have it buzz one of the houses you're monitoring so closely that an octogenarian woman notices and calls her son." I'm sure that Doug was lying about that and, by trying to use the Travener card, has now lost his last (influential) friends at TPS.

And I still wonder how much moolah they *really* have left to bail themselves out of whatever mess they're in...

This is also a very good point. So much of the Ford's influence is about their aura. It's like a Potemkin Village. I'm not saying they're broke, but I'd certainly question everything.

This is exactly right. I don't for a second believe that Doug - or anyone associated with the Fords - knew about the surveillance. The first rule of surveillance is probably something like: "Don't pay to rent a surveillance plane and then have it buzz one of the houses you're monitoring so closely that an octogenarian woman notices and calls her son." I'm sure that Doug was lying about that and, by trying to use the Travener card, has now lost his last (influential) friends at TPS.

This is also a very good point. So much of the Ford's influence is about their aura. It's like a Potemkin Village. I'm not saying they're broke, but I'd certainly question everything.

Doug doesn't collect a cheque from the City, and has a family to support, where does the money come from? You can only draw against Deco/Ford assets for so long. Creative accounting at Deco?

I'm fairly certain that it was only the first year douggie didn't take a cheque from the city.

I wasn't sure either, so I checked - Toronto Sun Oct/2010

" Just one day after he was elected to his brother's former council seat, Ford vowed he will donate his entire councillor salary of around $100,000 to community organizations during his entire four-year term."

So where is his money coming from? They live "high on the hog", as my mother would say.:confused:

Sorry, couldn't resist bad pun.

I've never been comfortable with the fact that Rob and Doug don't use their office budget. That's what it's there for. I'm fine with my taxes being used to keep a mayoral or councillor's office functioning. But I'm not fine with not knowing where the money comes from if they chose not to use mine. For all we know lobbyists or the mob or drug dealers or some other organization are donating money for favours from Rob or Doug. I mean, there's no paper trail, right? From what I understand there are no receipts and therefore we have no idea where the money comes from, correct?

I've never been comfortable with the fact that Rob and Doug don't use their office budget. That's what it's there for. I'm fine with my taxes being used to keep a mayoral or councillor's office functioning. But I'm not fine with not knowing where the money comes from if they chose not to use mine. For all we know lobbyists or the mob or drug dealers or some other organization are donating money for favours from Rob or Doug. I mean, there's no paper trail, right? From what I understand there are no receipts and therefore we have no idea where the money comes from, correct?

I'm going to give them benefit of the doubt and assume that the mob isn't giving them office stationery.
It's probably as simple as, they want to get as much through/via Deco - for whatever reason - as possible. And if they are going through the typical City Hall route, they'd have to provide receipts, paper trails, etc etc. Done the right way, there's probably some way that they get a tax break for Deco if they can either have their office supplies contribute to a net loss for the company, or if they can somehow write it off as a donation.

Or, you know, they're doing it strictly for the optics (and I do believe they have an ideological basis for it) and because they're rich and they can afford to. The ones with the same ideological foundation merely try to minimize waste and ensure the money is spent well, rather than paying for it out of pocket, because not everyone can fund the overhead to keep their office running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back