News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Lakeshore Boulevard will be closed from today through the weekend, for the Indy.

Nothing unusual here ... however Ford said he was going to put an end to these road closures, and get events into parks instead.

Should we all call 416-397-FORD and complain about the road closure? This one is far worse than the normal 6-hour weekend ones for marathons, impacting rush-hour traffic for two business days!

tkip, you need to do some research. Marriage was NOT always between men and women; a number of cultures (both pre-Christian and A.D.) have had same-sex marriages. Google it.

Then predominantly is was between men and women and certainly later societies adopted this approach.

It's actually been impacting traffic a lot longer than that; it has taken them weeks to set it up so there have been slowdowns and lane closures. It will also take them weeks to get it all back to normal. Of course the Indy brings in tourist dollars, unlike all those other events. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Awww, you poor abused little boy.....you can dish it out but you can't take it.

Oh, I can take it. I have to because there is group bullying going on here right now and your smug, insulting comments are a prime example.

Sometimes I wonder if you actually believe the trite you put out. Sadly, I just think you're a extremely bitter, hate filled individual that you accuse of others of being.

You appointed yourself the morality police and have decided that anyone who has a different moral compass is automatically a hate filled individual. You live in a very twisted and narrow world. I said it before. You're a bigot in your own right and a bully. It's actually fascinating reading your posts ranting that Ford, myself and everyone else are spreading hate and out to get gays.

Your over-the-top views on marriage and accusations of others being filled with prejudice and actively discriminating against gays make me question your own past.

The more you write, the worse you look. What the hell is wrong with you? Now this poison is spreading to Urban Toronto and I don't find it amusing. I'm not so shocked to find hate on the Toronto Sun site but I am rather surprised to see it expressed here.

I don't care if you love or hate Ford, nobody can believe that all this negativity can be good for Toronto. Ford is just sending out the wrong message to the world and clearly, to the people of Toronto. No wonder we seem so confused on his intentions and where he stands.

I guess nobody's mind is going to be changed so why waste your time, banging your head against a wall? Gay people (and all people) just have to keep the pressure up and demand to be heard. We aren't going anywhere, so he better get used to us. If Ford is uncomfortable with gays, after being in politics for over 6 years, then he should not have run for mayor because the mayor is there to represent ALL the people of Toronto and that includes homosexuals. If he can't deal with us, he should not be mayor.

If Ford wants to cancel all funding for Pride, fine, do it. If Pride goes bankrupt and cancels the parade, gays (and gay supporters) should go anyway and parade down Yonge Street on our own. I say, take over the street and parade all the way down Yonge Street and then right on to The Gardiner. Imagine 200,000+ pissed off queens & leathermen, walking along The Gardiner. (that might be fun! lol) There isn't a damned thing the police could do about it. We don't have enough police or jail cells to hold a crowd that big. It certainly would send out a message to Ford. Keep your money but we will still have our Parade, one way or another, but this time it will have a whole new meaning.

Then predominantly is was between men and women and certainly later societies adopted this approach.

Why won't you acknowledge that it was a transfer of ownership....because it doesn't support your case?

By the way, you've been nothing but insulting and ignorant, and then you whine about others, you're a hypocrite of the worst kind.

The only thing I'll add that I think is kind of ironic is that the LGBT community that already hated Rob Ford before he announced he wasn't going to attend, was even madder when he wouldn't come to their party. Which raises the rather obvious question... why are you upset that someone you hate isn't coming to your event? Did they just want him there so they could boo him?

Anyway, I think he should have attended because he's the mayor and that's what mayors are supposed to do. But I find it funny that the LGBT community was so upset that someone they don't like wasn't coming to their parade.

Well, hawc, as a gay man yourself, you must have inside knowledge of the 'gay community' and what everyone thinks.
Perhaps, if you'd actually read this thread, you'd see that not everyone in the 'gay community' cares weather he was there or not...we had enough of him when he attended last years parade.

Why won't you acknowledge that it was a transfer of ownership....because it doesn't support your case?

By the way, you've been nothing but insulting and ignorant, and then you whine about others, you're a hypocrite of the worst kind.

It was in the past. In modern societies this isn't the case anymore and you know it. It's not relevant to the topic.

But I find it funny that the LGBT community was so upset that someone they don't like wasn't coming to their parade.
I don't think it's funny at all.

The publicity that Ford's boycott got, only empowers those in society that they think it's okay to be prejudiced against gays.

And for the rare person in society that are physically dangerous and capable of murder - it could, at least in their own minds - reinforce that what they do is right.

I don't think anyone on a personal level cares if he is there or not. It's the message it sends that it's okay to discriminate against gays, that is the issue.

It was in the past. In modern societies this isn't the case anymore and you know it. It's not relevant to the topic.

Because society evolves....you just don't want it to, that's what makes your post so pathetic. You're selfish.

The more you write, the worse you look. What the hell is wrong with you? Now this poison is spreading to Urban Toronto and I don't find it amusing. I'm not so shocked to find hate on the Toronto Sun site but I am rather surprised to see it expressed here.

I don't care if you love or hate Ford, nobody can believe that all this negativity can be good for Toronto. Ford is just sending out the wrong message to the world and clearly, to the people of Toronto. No wonder we seem so confused on his intentions and where he stands.

I guess nobody's mind is going to be changed so why waste your time, banging your head against a wall? Gay people (and all people) just have to keep the pressure up and demand to be heard. We aren't going anywhere, so he better get used to us. If Ford is uncomfortable with gays, after being in politics for over 6 years, then he should not have run for mayor because the mayor is there to represent ALL the people of Toronto and that includes homosexuals. If he can't deal with us, he should not be mayor.

If Ford wants to cancel all funding for Pride, fine, do it. If Pride goes bankrupt and cancels the parade, gays (and gay supporters) should go anyway and parade down Yonge Street on our own. I say, take over the street and parade all the way down Yonge Street and then right on to The Gardiner. Imagine 200,000+ pissed off queens & leathermen, walking along The Gardiner. (that might be fun! lol) There isn't a damned thing the police could do about it. We don't have enough police or jail cells to hold a crowd that big. It certainly would send out a message to Ford. Keep your money but we will still have our Parade, one way or another, but this time it will have a whole new meaning.

Ford also suggested funding cuts to other programs too. Not just Pride. He's skipped other events like Canada Day celebrations which are far more important than events like Pride. But the Ford haters intentionally focus only on the gay propaganda they insist exists. The Ford haters are looking for anything to justify their contempt for the man.

Such broad general sweeping statements, no wonder you get called on your BS. Can't you see how selfish you are?

The Ford haters are looking for anything to justify their contempt for the man.
No one is looking for anything to justify the contempt for the man.

He'd prejudiced against gays. You've admitted this yourself.

Any normal person would hold someone who is prejudiced against gays in contempt. What else would one need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back