News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure bigots in all communities liked that he didn't attend any Pride events. That does not make them representative of their whole communities.

Rob Ford represented me and my community and other communties by not going to pride. Muslim, Christian, Jewish and hindu community. If he attended we would have called him a hypocrite and a liar.

so you speak for ALL in those communities?

* the Muslim mayor of Calgary attended their Pride;

* Christian denominations hold a variety of views on the issue of homosexual activity, ranging from outright condemnation to complete acceptance.

Some Christian denominations do not view monogamous same-sex relationships as sinful or immoral. These include the United Church of Canada, and the United Church of Christ. In particular, the Metropolitan Community Church was founded specifically to serve the Christian LGBT community.

Also in Europe many Christian churches do not view monogamous same sex relationships as sinful or immoral.

* On July 22, 2010, a "Statement of Principles on the Place of Jews with a Homosexual Orientation in Our Community" was released. As of July 25, 2010, the statement has been endorsed by 104 Orthodox rabbis and lay leaders, but has not been endorsed by any major rabbinic organization, such as the Orthodox Union. Some of the ways in which the statement diverges from common Orthodox positions are:

- We affirm the religious right of those with a homosexual orientation to reject therapeutic approaches they reasonably see as useless or dangerous.

- We believe that the decision as to whether to be open about one's sexual orientation should be left to such individuals, who should consider their own needs and those of the community. We are opposed on ethical and moral grounds to both the “outing” of individuals who want to remain private and to coercing those who desire to be open about their orientation to keep it hidden.

- Communities should display sensitivity, acceptance and full embrace of the adopted or biological children of homosexually active Jews in the synagogue and school setting.

* Hindu views of homosexuality' and, in general, LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) issues, are diverse. Homosexuality is regarded as one of the possible expressions of human desire and Hindu mythic stories have portrayed homosexual experience as natural and joyful. There are several Hindu temples which have carvings that depict both men and women indulging in homosexual sex. Same-sex relations and gender variance have been represented within Hinduism from Vedic times through to the present day, in rituals, law books, religious or so-called mythical narratives, commentaries, paintings, and sculpture.

In 2009, The United Kingdom Hindu Council issued a statement that 'Hinduism does not condemn homosexuality', subsequent to the decision of the Delhi High Court to legalise homosexuality in India.

Sure they may not like Ford. But they do like that he didn't attend a pride event.
But they don't think he is a hypocrite for personally signing the proclamation for Pride Week? Or do they understand that that's what a mayor has to do, even if his personal beliefs differ?

I don't think it's funny at all.

The publicity that Ford's boycott got, only empowers those in society that they think it's okay to be prejudiced against gays.

And for the rare person in society that are physically dangerous and capable of murder - it could, at least in their own minds - reinforce that what they do is right.

I don't think anyone on a personal level cares if he is there or not. It's the message it sends that it's okay to discriminate against gays, that is the issue.

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head.

Some Christian denominations do not view monogamous same-sex relationships as sinful or immoral. These include the United Church of Canada, and the United Church of Christ. In particular, the Metropolitan Community Church was founded specifically to serve the Christian LGBT community.

Also in Europe many Christian churches do not view monogamous same sex relationships as sinful or immoral.

* On July 22, 2010, a "Statement of Principles on the Place of Jews with a Homosexual Orientation in Our Community" was released. As of July 25, 2010, the statement has been endorsed by 104 Orthodox rabbis and lay leaders, but has not been endorsed by any major rabbinic organization, such as the Orthodox Union. Some of the ways in which the statement diverges from common Orthodox positions are:

- We affirm the religious right of those with a homosexual orientation to reject therapeutic approaches they reasonably see as useless or dangerous.

- We believe that the decision as to whether to be open about one's sexual orientation should be left to such individuals, who should consider their own needs and those of the community. We are opposed on ethical and moral grounds to both the “outing†of individuals who want to remain private and to coercing those who desire to be open about their orientation to keep it hidden.

- Communities should display sensitivity, acceptance and full embrace of the adopted or biological children of homosexually active Jews in the synagogue and school setting.

* Hindu views of homosexuality' and, in general, LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) issues, are diverse. Homosexuality is regarded as one of the possible expressions of human desire and Hindu mythic stories have portrayed homosexual experience as natural and joyful. There are several Hindu temples which have carvings that depict both men and women indulging in homosexual sex. Same-sex relations and gender variance have been represented within Hinduism from Vedic times through to the present day, in rituals, law books, religious or so-called mythical narratives, commentaries, paintings, and sculpture.

In 2009, The United Kingdom Hindu Council issued a statement that 'Hinduism does not condemn homosexuality', subsequent to the decision of the Delhi High Court to legalise homosexuality in India

I am straight and I have no problem with the content of this quote but I notice that you carefully avoided the third rail term gay marriage with which I don't agree on a semantic level. Lots of people today live in casual common law relationships and no one bats an eye lash, why is this not good enough for the homosexuals out there?

On a related theme, if homosexuality is purely genetic which I believe to be the case, how does this genetic condition continue to survive since they don't reproduce and by not doing so fail to pass on the proclivity? Was Darwin wrong?

Last edited:
Lots of people today live in casual common law relationships and no one bats an eye lash, why is this not good enough for the homosexuals out there?

Why do gay people have to settle for good enough? Why not just abolish marriage all together then and say common law relationships are good enough for everyone, gay or straight?

Last edited:
Lots of people today live in casual common law relationships and no one bats an eye lash, why is this not good enough for the homosexuals out there?
What?!?!?

Why then isn't it good for hetrosexuals.

My gosh - they are all coming out of the woodwork after Ford has empowered them ...

.Lots of people today live in casual common law relationships and no one bats an eye lash, why is this not good enough for the homosexuals out there?

Replace "homosexuals" with "blacks" and let me know if your opinion changes.

i believe you answered your own question ...
he's the mayor and that's part of his duties.

there were 10 days of events.
if he had attended ANY of them, or done the proclamation himself instead of having Frances N do it, I don't think many would have cared if he went to the Parade on the last day ... I sure wouldn't have.

but his deliberate absence from ALL events throughout 10 days is disturbing to say the least.

Count me in on that comment, as I've already stated in probably more than one post.

Replace "homosexuals" with "blacks" and let me know if your opinion changes.

Nope, because Blacks are included in my "lots of people" demographic as are many homosexuals.

Obviously it is. "lots of people`includes lots of heterosexuals.

Last edited:
What?!?!?

My gosh - they are all coming out of the woodwork after Ford has empowered them ...

You think this is bad? All the newspaper sites are flooded with poison from Ford Nation. Newspaper columnists are even writing about it, including Levy herself. Her own people are turning on here. (not that I have any sympathy for her) She made her bed...

Nope, because Blacks are included in my "lots of people" demographic as are many homosexuals

"Lots of people" does not include everybody. What you're saying is that common law should be good enough for all of us gays because it's good enough for some of us. That's pure bullshit.

Right, so it would be OK to not allow African-Canadians to marry?

Correct, if they are the same sex. Same rules as every one else.

"Lots of people" does not include everybody. What you're saying is that common law should be good enough for all of us gays because it's good enough for some of us. That's pure bullshit.

If I meant "everybody" I would have said everybody but I didn't, I said "lots of people" which includes some homosexuals as well as some of most other sectors of our community.

You'd think after more than five years of legalized gay marriage, Canadians would stop beating the drum against it. It's here, it happened, heterosexual marriage was not invalidated or hurt because of it. Time to move on. You lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back