News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I like to know. And nfitz is really starting to get creepy here. He's practically advocating for the forceful removal of Ford...

How exactly have we seen that its emboldened those who are prejudiced against gays?
I don't recall anyone coming here and posting that it was okay to remove rights that gays currently have before Ford became mayor.

He's practically advocating for the forceful removal of Ford...
Once again, you resort to name calling, and making up stories. I've not even implied Ford should be forcefully removed, let alone advocated.

I don't recall anyone coming here and posting that it was okay to remove rights that gays currently have before Ford became mayor.

Once again, you resort to name calling, and making up stories. I've not even implied Ford should be forcefully removed, let alone advocated.

Oh, nonsense nfitz. You either have a very selective memory or you just like to rewrite history.

First I didn't call you any names in that post. So get your facts right pal. And somehow, it's okay for you to say the most hateful and slanderous things about others in the justification that you think they're bad people and now you're saying that Ford is removing gay rights since becoming mayor? How? How? Explain how he's doing this?

And you've posted several times on how Ford has to go, that someone like him can't be in power, that he has no right being the mayor, that he's a threat and promotes discrimination and hate and violence against gays. You don't have to read between the lines to know you want the man removed.

Your madness is surreal. I almost wonder if this is all an act on your part just to get a rise out of people..

Last edited:

Things like this will come up in any discussion on the subject of homosexuality, especially gay marriage.

Things like this will come up in any discussion on the subject of homosexuality, especially gay marriage.

Exactly. It's the same, tried method of trying to discredit those who have a different opinion on topics like same sex marriage. nfitz is the poster child for this kind of demonizing nonsense.

Oh, nonsense nfitz. You either have a very selective memory or you just like to rewrite history.
I never advocated Ford should be forcefully removed from office. My exact words were "Ford ... shouldn't be in public service representing us all."

First I didn't call you any names in that post.
Sure you have ... creepy, completely out to lunch, stalker ... and that's just today! This seems to be your modus operandi ... if someone won't agree with you, you name-call, bully, harass, and try and imply all sorts of strange things about them. It's remarkably similar to pattern to how many gays have been treated over the years!

And somehow, it's okay for you to say the most hateful and slanderous things ...
Who have I slandered? Ford has admitted to being prejudiced against gays. He admitted to drunk driving. He admitted to lying about drunk driving. I guess he didn't admit about the bribery attempt, but the police notes were clear enough.

you're saying that Ford is removing gay rights since becoming mayor? How? How? Explain how he's doing this?
??? I didn't say Ford is removing gay rights. Not sure where you got that from.

Your madness ...
And there's the name-calling again ...

Exactly. It's the same, tried method of trying to discredit those who have a different opinion on topics like same sex marriage. nfitz is the poster child for this kind of demonizing nonsense.
The problem here is that your position on gay marriage is prejudiced. The courts say that these rights exist, and yet that isn't good enough for you? Your position on gay marriage is not acceptable, prejudiced, and contrary to the laws of the nation.

Who on earth are you to say that someone who is gay shouldn't have the same right as someone who is straight? I'm still absolutely shocked that anyone could be so prejudiced to believe this! I've always thought the few who thought this were simply completely ignorant ... but you are the first person in my entire life I have encountered who doesn't fit this mould, and has apparently simply chosen to be prejudiced.

How exactly have we seen that its emboldened those who are prejudiced against gays?

Read the newspaper's readers comments. There is strength in numbers and their numbers seem to be growing. Ford's perceived anti-gay views are giving them the sense that their homophobia is justified. So where did all this gay hate suddenly come from? There is only one obvious reason and Ford created it. He could have very easily avoided it without any fallout but he chose otherwise.

So where did all this gay hate suddenly come from? There is only one obvious reason and Ford created it.
I don't think he created it ... it pains me to admit it, but I'm starting to think the prejudice has always been there. However Ford has emboldened people to say things they might not have said previously.

And call me silly, but I'm afraid we'll see a return to the 1980s and 1990s, where murders of people in Canada for simply being gay weren't unheard of.

I never advocated Ford should be forcefully removed from office. My exact words were "Ford ... shouldn't be in public service representing us all."

Sure you have ... creepy, completely out to lunch, stalker ... and that's just today! This seems to be your modus operandi ... if someone won't agree with you, you name-call, bully, harass, and try and imply all sorts of strange things about them. It's remarkably similar to pattern to how many gays have been treated over the years!

Who have I slandered? Ford has admitted to being prejudiced against gays. He admitted to drunk driving. He admitted to lying about drunk driving. I guess he didn't admit about the bribery attempt, but the police notes were clear enough.

??? I didn't say Ford is removing gay rights. Not sure where you got that from.

And there's the name-calling again ...

The problem here is that your position on gay marriage is prejudiced. The courts say that these rights exist, and yet that isn't good enough for you? Your position on gay marriage is not acceptable, prejudiced, and contrary to the laws of the nation.

Who on earth are you to say that someone who is gay shouldn't have the same right as someone who is straight? I'm still absolutely shocked that anyone could be so prejudiced to believe this! I've always thought the few who thought this were simply completely ignorant ... but you are the first person in my entire life I have encountered who doesn't fit this mould, and has apparently simply chosen to be prejudiced.

I said I never called any names in that post. I've used other words to describe your behavior and personality but those were in other posts.

Did you even bother to read before going into denial mode? And who hasn't driven while drinking? Go talk to all those teens and college students that drive while out partying downtown. And you said "I don't recall anyone coming here and posting that it was okay to remove rights that gays currently have before Ford became mayor."

What exactly are we to assume when reading this quote?

It's right there. You are making a statement that before Ford was mayor, gay rights were secure. Now with him as mayor, they're less secure. And saying "your madness" isn't calling you names. It's a reference to your state of mind. Huge difference..... nfitz. You have very thin skin.

"Your position on gay marriage is not acceptable, prejudiced, and contrary to the laws of the nation."

Really? This is the type of stuff you post where it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about. Yours isn't the only view on this topic nfitz. You live in a country where millions of others have the same views. What do you intend to do? Demand they all stop this thinking to appease you? Demand they all depart the country? Demand they all be taken to court and tried?

I know it drives you insane being surrounded in a country where people think differently about marriage but get use to it. You don't own society....

Read the newspaper's readers comments. There is strength in numbers and their numbers seem to be growing. Ford's perceived anti-gay views are giving them the sense that their homophobia is justified. So where did all this gay hate suddenly come from? There is only one obvious reason and Ford created it. He could have very easily avoided it without any fallout but he chose otherwise.

Pure and utter nonsense. We're now entered the twilight zone of reason here.

Saying that Ford skipping Pride created prejudiced against gays and encourages discrimination is just beyond irresponsible. The true hate mongers here are people like you and nfitz who spread misinformation and hate through their message that Ford and people like him makes others bigots and prejudiced and a threat. Which would be hilarious if it weren't so disturbing.

This is what it must be like having a discussion with a hardcore PETA member on the rights of animals and evil of people who eat meat.

Last edited:

It didn't suddenly come from anywhere. Its always been there. Look at the polls, yes acceptance has been rising but there are still lots of people out there who don't approve of gay marriage.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/07/26/14835021.html -- Keep in mind this is the SUN, but they are reporting an angus-reid poll. There is still a significant part of the population that don't agree with it.

Exactly and they are entitled to their opinion on the topic. People like nfitz refuse to accept that others have the right to their own views. They think they own society's views.

It didn't suddenly come from anywhere. Its always been there. Look at the polls, yes acceptance has been rising but there are still lots of people out there who don't approve of gay marriage.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/07/26/14835021.html -- Keep in mind this is the SUN, but they are reporting an angus-reid poll. There is still a significant part of the population that don't agree with it.

It may have been there but it wasn't discussed in a mean-spirited and hateful way. Maybe you guys haven't noticed the difference because it doesn't affect you but I do see it and I do not like it. Yes, I do think Ford has played a huge part in this and I bet it will get worse before it gets better.

You guys can hide your head in the sand and think what you want to think. I really don't care. I'm gonna stand up and make myself heard.

Last edited:
I said I never called any names in that post. I've used other words to describe your behavior and personality but those were in other posts.
Really? You defence is that you didn't call names in that post, only in other posts. Oh, okay ... that makes the nma

And who hasn't driven while drinking?
??? Really? Now your trying to justify drunk driving? Many people might well have had a beer before driving. Or even 2 beers. But drunk driving? I don't believe for a second that most people have ever committed that criminal act - drinking enough to blow 0.08?? I've never been close. Are you defending such criminal behaviour?

And you said "I don't recall anyone coming here and posting that it was okay to remove rights that gays currently have before Ford became mayor."
My point was clear I thought. That people, like you, who are prejudiced against gays, have been emboldened to express your prejudice against gays and make it clear that you don't think that they should have the same rights that you or I might have.

Yours isn't the only view on this topic nfitz. You live in a country where millions of others have the same views.
I'd think that millions would share my views that prejudice is wrong ... not seeing your point here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back