News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, that screenshot of the supposed drop box is bullshit. They didn't even try to mock it up to look like it was a secure page. That's the kind of shit you're supposed to see on unfuckwithable's blog.

Just because the site didn't use SSL doesn't mean it's not secure. All SSL does is encrypt your connection to the server. It has nothing to do with authentication, or authorization. They could easily be using digest authentication, which is only MD5, but in order to even get the hash you'd have to be in the middle. Given what I saw after a simple port scan last night, and Vice's report that over the course of a week the site was brute forced, it's reasonable to assume the host provider is lazy. It's entirely plausible they don't use SSL. Plus it would costs the hosts more CPU cycles, and they're apparently a free provider.

Ultimately though, you're right, ManuvSteele should be taken with a grain of salt.

And I thought that Mel Lastman was bad. Unfortunately, as long as we have the current City boundaries, we can expect little more than a succession of Mel Lastmans and Rob Fords elected by the outer Metro voters, with an occasional David Miller to try to repair the worst of the damage they have caused. Really, the only long-term solution is to de-amalgamate Metro Toronto.

I think party politics - with a nomination or primary system of selecting good candidates - is probably a better option than deamalgamation. Would George Smitherman or Rob Ford be selected through party nominations? Could parties attract better candidates and prevent extreme serious candidates? I'm not advocating municipal parties, but it's less ridiculous than de-amalgamation.

At most, I could see de-amalgamation pretty much becoming not to much different from what we have now with community councils with more responsibilities over things like local parks and minor streets. Police, Fire, EMS, Transit, Major Roads, Major Parks, Planning (except perhaps local site planning), social services, housing, economic development, utilties, garbage collection, etc will all be left to the amalgamated city.

Last edited:
The cell phone was lost end of March wasn't it? The video was definitely shot before Anthony Smith was murdered. I'm not sure the timeline of when the video was shot adds up, but your theory about the same people getting a hold of the phone could very well be true, especially if they hung out often.

Maybe he dropped it in a drunken stupor?

This guy has no shame, anybody else and they would have resigned but not this goof.

Rob Ford is simply the most extreme example of how far we have fallen in terms of proper parliamentarian conduct. Forget the latest insanity....any self-respecting parliamentarian would have quit in utter shame after some of Ford's comments years ago when he was just the clown councillor from Etobicoke. The greater public has obviously forgotten this, which is why our last hope is that Council itself will act accordingly and do something about it before we fall into the abyss.

I keep thinking about Rob saying he had nothing left to confess. Why would he say that? It's plainly obvious that more stuff is going to come out, so setting himself up for yet another hit is just bizarre.

Quite simply, he is a pathological lier, in the clinical sense. That's why he sounds like a little boy talking to his mommy..."I will never, ever, EVER do it again...I promise". The extra "ever" is the magic word that will convince everyone to drop the whole thing and we can just continue as if it never happened. Until five minutes later when it happens again, and he can repeat it all over again. He can do this because he doesn't realize that we put things into context (his body language, obvious insincerity, and previous behaviour and habits), rather than just take him at his word. It's a mental disorder.

I think party politics - with a nomination or primary system of selecting good candidates - is probably a better option than deamalgamation. Would George Smitherman or Rob Ford be selected through party nominations? Could parties attract better candidates and prevent extreme serious candidates? I'm not advocating municipal parties, but it's less ridiculous than de-amalgamation.

I don't think de-amalgamatin work out that well (I could see it pretty much becoming not to much different from what we have now with community councils with more responsibilities over things like local parks and minor streets.)

Things will get better once the new ballot system comes into effect. (if it comes into effect)

BYZkYbgCEAAPvEM.png:large
\

LULZ, sure it is because of Ford's 'misguided' subway vision that taxes are going up. Using Partisan scare tactics? Never knew I was living in Mid-West US. Where is Bachmann and Palin?

I think party politics - with a nomination or primary system of selecting good candidates - is probably a better option than deamalgamation.

Even preferential balloting would help enormously.

Like it or not, the Toronto area is just too integrated not to have some sort of common government oversight and management. And the whole additional Metro level of government was just a silly waste. We have to come up with better solutions than de-amalgamation, however attractive that seems right now.

I have no trouble believing Doug had no clue Rob was going to do that (that he knew nothing else that went on is more suspect)..

I think it seems obvious that Doug did not know Rob was going to make the announcement.

What I don't believe is that he didn't know before then that Rob had smoked crack.

I'm also wondering whether it will end up being Doug Ford arrested for the extortion rather than Rob.

Maybe the tie is a bit of a charm for him? Maybe someone important gave it to him? Maybe it helped him work up the courage? Or maybe it was the only tie that didn't have mustard on it.

It's part of the appeal to Ford Nation. They like a man who can't dress himself. Proper clothing is for them downtown elitists. ;)

Or not know about Lisi, the jaunts to the park, Esso, whatever. And do remember, this is the same Doug Ford that handles the little hash empire as reported by the G&M. He is not in it? My a*s.

AoD

I'm also wondering whether it will end up being Doug Ford arrested for the extortion rather than Rob.

I hope they both end up behind bars.

They'll be fine though, I'm sure they'll be able to catch up on old times with the other inmates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back