News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that there has never been a single moment where the media ask David Price questions? Surely there must be some days where he shows up to City Hall. Is there a secret tunnel from his house to his office? We never see him. If the media are willing to camp outside the mayor's office for a thousand hours until Ford exits then why not for Price, as well? There must be some opportunities to catch him for some questions, no? Not that he'd answer anything anyway.

Why is it that there has never been a single moment where the media ask David Price questions? Surely there must be some days where he shows up to City Hall. Is there a secret tunnel from his house to his office? We never see him. If the media are willing to camp outside the mayor's office for a thousand hours until Ford exits then why not for Price, as well? There must be some opportunities to catch him for some questions, no? Not that he'd answer anything anyway.

I heard somewhere, I believe from a reporter, that Price is definitely still at CH and comes in the back. It might have been in yesterday's CBC live chat but I really can't recall.

Just a thought. If Ford was buying all this blow for these a-listers all over town perhaps Lisi was just a runner? Makes all the manila envelopes make sense.

Last edited:
MetroMan mentioned that he thinks this person doesn't drink alcohol...

I've heard don cherry say numerous times that he likes to sit at home with a 6 pack and watch junior hockey. So..

By the way I can't really tell if you guys are seriously thinking don is somehow in a video... It makes me laugh a bit..

Last edited:
These polls are non-sensical. So, 44% "support" him but 66% of him want him to step down or go into rehab. That means there are people who support him AND want him to step down.

I'm starting to think that we're getting to the point where we actually have to test Doug's suggestion he could murder someone on the steps of City Hall and still get elected. True, our City Hall doesn't have steps but it increasingly seems that, yeah, if drove drunk across the square and then drove up the ramp and ran over, say, Robyn Doolittle, his approval wouldn't go below the mid-30s. It's a great time to be alive.

Maybe pollsters are asking the wrong question. I suggest: "Do you support graft, corruption and murder as part of the mayor's city-wide agenda?"

Don Cherry is 79 years old. I'd be surprised if he's doing blow at that age.

To me, a shocking video would consist of Cherry not tooting (pun intended) his own horn by not showing videos of him saying stuff, wearing some nice clothes for once and talking about how much he loves European hockey.

I heard somewhere, I believe from a reporter, that Price is definitely still at CH and comes in the back. It might have been in yesterday's CBC live chat but I really can't recall.

It was on the live chat, Don Peat mentioned that tidbit. Jamie Strashin got it a couple of nice digs about how he makes 130K for answering emails and, at one point, coffee runs, until he had to stop doing those because of "the media."

Don Peat's column for tomorrow :

"Ford will be at city council starting Wednesday. Councillors could end up debating his behaviour and voting for him to apologize for misleading Toronto residents, recommending he co-operate with Toronto Police and take a leave of absence to get help.
The Toronto Sun confirmed Ford will make it one of his key items at council, a surprising move that means he’ll be subject to questions from councillors; it will be up near the top of council’s agenda."

"Thompson questioned whether Ford should take a temporary leave rather than a permanent one. "What’s the point? What is there to come back to?†he asked, adding more things seem to continue to trickle out about Ford. “I see it possibly getting worse.â€

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/09/mayor-rob-ford-still-dealing-with-constituents-during-scandal

Remember that while nominally clean, Doug Ford's been tagged as doing lines w/his kid bro'. So, don't rule him out altogether.

I don't think this poll will translate into votes in the end. Ford can't win without a large segment of rational voters who supported him the last time. He had significant numbers downtown despite popular belief that there was a clear divide. He can't win without it. Unless there's some sort of fluke with vote splitting, I can't see Ford beating a strong opponent like Olivia Chow or John Tory.

The important next step is that we can't just sit here and campaign against Rob Ford without presenting a viable alternative. If all we do is rant about how Ford is unfit for office and make the election about Chow vs Ford, then he has a reasonable chance of beating her. It needs to be made about Chow vs somebody else with Ford running in the wings. He'll get his 20% while the top two will contend the election amongst themselves.

The encouraging development is that all the key Conservative strategists and fundraisers have already abandoned Ford. What concerns me however, is that with his notoriety, he could run in an election without a campaign and without any fundraising, just sit there and be on the ballot and still get his core supporters behind him. Still, we easily forget the credit that Kouvalis deserves in getting Ford elected. If Ford's campaign is as scattered and poorly managed as his PR has been during this scandal, he's going to be vulnerable to putting his foot in his mouth and stepping in all the traps his competitors will set for him.

John Tory needs to declare already and start presenting his vision for the city and building himself up as a Progressive Conservative alternative to Rob Ford. Stintz is doing a poor job of that already and we can't afford to let her to screw this up. We can't let this come down to Olivia vs Ford. My contribution to the election is going to be a delicate balancing act of presenting Tory as a viable alternative while pushing my preference for Olivia Chow without hurting Tory. That's not to say that I'll write off Tory entirely if he comes in as a centre candidate rather as has been hinted at from those (Liberals) asking him to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back