News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random drug testing should be done. And there should be repercussions if you are found positive for illegal substances. These people need to be accountable. We need smart intelligent sober people representing us.

I'd estimate at least a quarter of adults in Toronto have smoked a joint at some point in 2013 (I'm being conservative in my estimation, too). Different drugs stay in your system for different lengths of time with some harder ones flushing out faster than lighter/recreational ones. I don't believe it's reasonable to punish someone responsible who indugles safely on occasion.

I'd estimate at least a quarter of adults in Toronto have smoked a joint at some point in 2013 (I'm being conservative in my estimation, too). Different drugs stay in your system for different lengths of time with some harder ones flushing out faster than lighter/recreational ones. I don't believe it's reasonable to punish someone responsible who indugles safely on occasion.

Pretty sure you can smoke pot occasionally and still be both smart AND intelligent.

Denzil Minnan-Wong ‏@DenzilMW 16m
Best the Integrity can do is to suspend pay or require an apology. What additional information does Council require.

Ford vs Mammo 10 years ago. Times have changed (although Ford is still a bully and Mammo still an idiot).

From Robyn Doolittle:

[video=youtube;yOi2wIUCTnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOi2wIUCTnA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Redoing the vote because apparently some councillors don't know what they are voting for. Referral motion fails for a second time.

Pretty sure you can smoke pot occasionally and still be both smart AND intelligent.

The thing is... nobody should have needed a drug test to realize there was something very seriously wrong with Rob Ford - even before the election. The drunken ragey ACC incident alone would have (and should have) disqualified most politicians from re-election.

What precedent would that set? I don't want addicts or irresponsible people leading this city.

LOTS of irresponsible people don't use drugs. what about them?

you also can't test for stupidity using urine analysis.

forcing people to pee in a cup is one of those "law and order" dog-and-pony show symbols that people like uh, Rob Ford have always supported.

Oh God. Ford has moved a motion to have drug testing for all councillors that he will pay for.

Nunziata has ruled it out of order. :)

Ford moves motion: "city council direct all members of council to undergo hair drug and alcohol testing by december 1, 2013, to be paid ofr by Mayor Rob Ford"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back