News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to almost every Hulla, so no shame :p

Back on topic:

The transcript of the interview is just hilarious. It's amazing how much he uses the same colloquialisms over and over, for years and years. The interview itself is actually bordering on parody, life imitating art.

Now try to imagine that that's what consists of someone's interior monologue. It is really difficult to appreciate how stupid these types are.

A few of the questions we'd like to see on the Ford show tomorrow--
Will Rob reveal what was in those brown envelopes that were traded between Lisi and himself over a period of months?
Will Rob explain why he was let go from the Don Bosco football team?
Can Rob reveal what David Price does to earn his salary?

Instead, on the show no doubt we'll get questions like--
Does Rob really like Iceberg Vodka?
Will Rob give us a rundown on his two hour work-out and new low-carb diet (with evening stops at the Mandarin)
Was Rob asked to cut back on his occasional drinking by his family?

You keep changing topics. My first post was a reply to another post, as were the subsequent ones. Read them in context, not in light of comments you made afterwards.

Even in context, to insist *now*, as opposed to 3/2/even-1-week(s) ago, that Ford could still win with so-called skilled management seems a bit rich. I mean, technically, *yes*, with a skilled team behind him; but if you stretched things thusly, the same could be said about Tooker Gomberg in 2000. The thing is: given what the Fords have gotten themselves into, Fat. Chance. Finding. A. Skilled. Team. Who. Can. Salvage. This. Mess. And anyone who insists otherwise, well....maybe you deserve to lose to Ford, wimps.

Sure, one can explain Ford through a Bernays filter...but ultimately, the failure of Ford illuminates the limitations of pidgin-reductivist Bernaysian logic. That is, to pull that schtick off and keep it pulled-off without, uh, "cracking", you have to be smart; and unfortunately, the Fords aren't that smart. *Street* smart, yes; but street smart isn't smart. (By comparison, Harper is smart.)

Any purchase anyone makes is a choice. If I eat at home instead of going to McDonalds I don't worry that I might be putting McDonalds employees out of jobs. No one has any obligation to support any business. I'm not suggesting firebombing them.

But the suggestion made tonight goes beyond choosing to not support a business. The suggestion was to actively urge their clients to leave their business. Harming not only the Fords, who I really don't give a crap about, but their workers, as I've mentioned. A move that's not necessary and unfair.

Also, we're in this position now because Deco was a successful business, and they could afford to go mucking around in politics.

And, that little experiment is pretty much done, isn't it?

Thinking this family is going to take up gardening and never bother anyone ever again after the current controversy is over is naive. Even if they're not running again themselves, I'm sure they'll find some other wing-nut to throw Ford-fests for in the hope that they'll get a little influence back.

Seriously, screw Deco Labels And Tags.

What level of wealth would you be comfortable with them having? Losing Deco but holding onto their tacky, nouveau riche trappings? Losing everything and moving into a vacant Dixon condo? Ma Ford clipping coupons?

I think some people are taking this revenge fantasy a little far.

Like someone said a while ago, I'm also comfortable going to bed while people on the internet are wrong. :) I'm out.

Notice how the transcript is missing all of the questions from the interviewer. The newspaper industry is really hurting these days if they can't be bothered to even glance at the stuff they post online. (I hate to see this kind of thing, because the Toronto Star has always been my favourite newspaper. And this definitely isn't the first example of a marked decline in proofreading and editing....)

Last edited:
The next front line against this awful family is DECO, more specifically DECO's client list. I'm looking into my sources to come up with a complete list of DECO's clients which can be brought to the public that can choose to boycott any brands still doing business with the Fords. Heinz, Billy Bee honey and McCormick spices are some of DECO's clients. The City of Toronto also does business with DECO but Councillors' options are limited unless DECO itself is involved in anything illegal that could justify dropping them as a supplier.

I am sorry MM but I really don't agree with this. It reminds of the type of witch-hunting that right-wing conservatives use against their opponents when they get caught with a mistress or smoking a joint. I dislike Rob Ford immensely on a personal level. but this isn't personal. He's utterly unfit for office AND he's a criminal (though for some reason the police haven't done anything yet). I am not here to be the morality police because he has a sense of entitlement. Being a spoiled brat is not a crime.

I have no idea what percentage of my clothing comes from sweatshops with hellish conditions and child labour, and there are dozens of others examples I could give. If I am not boycotting companies who are doing truly abominable and even illegal things, I would feel like an absolute hypocrite boycotting companies that do business with Deco because Rob Ford smokes crack and lies (all politicians lie) and because Diane Ford is a bad mommy.

I want to win, but not by any means. It would make me no better than the Fords.

But the suggestion made tonight goes beyond choosing to not support a business. The suggestion was to actively urge their clients to leave their business. Harming not only the Fords, who I really don't give a crap about, but their workers, as I've mentioned. A move that's not necessary and unfair.

And, that little experiment is pretty much done, isn't it?

What level of wealth would you be comfortable with them having? Losing Deco but holding onto their tacky, nouveau riche trappings? Losing everything and moving into a vacant Dixon condo? Ma Ford clipping coupons?

I think some people are taking this revenge fantasy a little far.

Like someone said a while ago, I'm also comfortable going to bed while people on the internet are wrong. :) I'm out.

They can keep their tacky nouveau riche trappings. And again, if you think they're done with politics after this current circus is done, you're naive. They'll just be a little more sneaky about it. The Ford Fests aren't going to stop.

You can also look at it this way: Businesses will always need labels. If Deco were to go out of business tomorrow, another label company would take up the slack, probably hiring the same number of employees as lost jobs when Deco went under. In terms of lost jobs and gained jobs, it would be a wash. With the upside of an insane family having less mad money to ruin cities with.

But I don't know, you've picked Deco's financial security as a line in the sand for some reasons, and that's cool. It seems weird, and I don't really get where it's coming from, but...fine. Go buy some stickers.

Notice how the transcript is missing all of the questions from the interviewer. The newspaper industry is really hurting these days if they can't be bothered to even look at the stuff they post online. (I hate to see this kind of thing, because the Toronto Star has always been my favourite newspaper. And this definitely isn't the first example of a marked decline in proofreading and editing....)

it might be that the questions belong to FOX, but the answers are part of the public record.

I am sorry MM but I really don't agree with this. It reminds of the type of witch-hunting that right-wing conservatives use against their opponents when they get caught with a mistress or smoking a joint. I dislike Rob Ford immensely on a personal level. but this isn't personal. He's utterly unfit for office AND he's a criminal (though for some reason the police haven't done anything yet). I am not here to be the morality police because he has a sense of entitlement. Being a spoiled brat is not a crime.

I have no idea what percentage of my clothing comes from sweatshops with hellish conditions and child labour, and there are dozens of others examples I could give. If I am not boycotting companies who are doing truly abominable and even illegal things, I would feel like an absolute hypocrite boycotting companies that do business with Deco because Rob Ford smokes crack and lies (all politicians lie) and because Diane Ford is a bad mommy.

I want to win, but not by any means. It would make me no better than the Fords.

This times like a million.

Even in context, to insist *now*, as opposed to 3/2/even-1-week(s) ago, that Ford could still win with so-called skilled management seems a bit rich. I mean, technically, *yes*, with a skilled team behind him; but if you stretched things thusly, the same could be said about Tooker Gomberg in 2000. The thing is: given what the Fords have gotten themselves into, Fat. Chance. Finding. A. Skilled. Team. Who. Can. Salvage. This. Mess. And anyone who insists otherwise, well....maybe you deserve to lose to Ford, wimps.

Sure, one can explain Ford through a Bernays filter...but ultimately, the failure of Ford illuminates the limitations of pidgin-reductivist Bernaysian logic. That is, to pull that schtick off and keep it pulled-off without, uh, "cracking", you have to be smart; and unfortunately, the Fords aren't that smart. *Street* smart, yes; but street smart isn't smart. (By comparison, Harper is smart.)

Hoo boy. What I said was, it's "quite possible" that Ford will win another term as Mayor. It is. The rest you came up with on your own.

Notice how the transcript is missing all of the questions from the interviewer. The newspaper industry is really hurting these days if they can't be bothered to even glance at the stuff they post online. (I hate to see this kind of thing, because the Toronto Star has always been my favourite newspaper. And this definitely isn't the first example of a marked decline in proofreading and editing....)

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers. ---Thomas Jefferson

it might be that the questions belong to FOX, but the answers are part of the public record.

If that's the case, they could've put a note to that effect at the top. Good point, though. I never considered that.

Edit: Now that you mentioned it, I did a quick google and found a random interview transcript (for an Australian TV network) that was also missing all of the questions (and also failed to mention this fact; apparently, each answer constituted a separate paragraph, just like the Ford transcript). I've never seen that before. And here I thought I was a news junkie....

Last edited:
In terms of council returning to regular business after tomorrow's vote, Josh Matlow said he will be moving his motions about the downtown relief line this week upcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back