News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Star posted the transcript of Ford's Fox interview: http://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto/robford/2013/11/17/rob_ford_transcript_of_fox_news_interview.html

I know this goes without saying, but that guy is just a non-stop cliche machine:

He also continues to lie through his teeth:

Um, you didn't build a subway. And there are two underground transit lines under construction right now, both started during the Miller era.

or this one:

No, that was Mel Lastman, when he won 80% of the vote in 2000. You didn't even win a majority.

And the lies just kept coming: the $1 billion saved, the lowest taxes in North America, there being no strikes, and the fact that he's never been drunk while at his office, etc, etc.

And of course, he felt the need to share his humanitarianism:

Someone give this guy the Nobel Peace Prize.

And finally, Ford provides some insight into how he has convinced himself that he'll win a second term:

If that's what Ford is pinning his hopes on for the next election, he might want to read the poll more carefully. Surprisingly he actually does have his number right on that specific question (the flip side is that 53% of people don't like anything he's doing at City Hall). However the same poll showed that 62% agreed with the statement: "There's no way I would consider voting for Rob Ford to be Toronto's Mayor in next year's election under any circumstances". And 50 of that 62% indicated "strong" agreement.

Great post, sums up the major lies/inconsistencies/exaggertions that are RoDoFo's hallmark.

I’m the first one to go to Toronto Community Housing one of the poorest neighborhoods and help these people out"]I’m the first one to go to Toronto Community Housing one of the poorest neighborhoods and help these people out

Just don't insult my ward by putting in homeless shelters, or build any affordable housing in prime areas.

I’ve never been under the influence of alcohol or drugs at a council meeting or any time in office.

Hrm. That's the first time I've heard him acknowledge the drinking on the job comments from the ITO. It's something I wish the press was pushing more

I went out for dinner last night and it took me four hours to get out of the restaurant

Yeah, four hours, riiiight.

Last edited:
Of course it took him four hours to get out of the restaurant! He's the size of a house and I'm sure he wasn't there for the salad.

PS: Good morning

A few of the questions we'd like to see on the Ford show tomorrow--
Will Rob reveal what was in those brown envelopes that were traded between Lisi and himself over a period of months?
Will Rob explain why he was let go from the Don Bosco football team?
Can Rob reveal what David Price does to earn his salary?

Instead, on the show no doubt we'll get questions like--
Does Rob really like Iceberg Vodka?
Will Rob give us a rundown on his two hour work-out and new low-carb diet (with evening stops at the Mandarin)
Was Rob asked to cut back on his occasional drinking by his family?

I'd also like to hear how the protein shakes help his weight loss -- IIRC, you drink them to build muscle mass more quickly while weightlifting. That would, you know, mean they're full of calories and increase his weight. Man's a walking disinformation officer… ;-)

Amazing CNN story online...
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/world/weir-reporters-notebook/index.html

Ford is an hour late!
Ford goes on stream-of-consciousness rants!
Ford says he didn't mention the crack use until now because ""Why? It's just I'm not gonna -- I'm not gonna run around and be phony and, you know, lie. And I'm not gonna have someone try and blackmail me and say they have videos of this."
Doug reminds us of that time every paper called his brother "The White Obama!" Wait...what?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/world/weir-reporters-notebook/index.html

Last edited:
He may have been referring to this article:

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...eiriddin-rob-ford-the-barack-obama-of-toronto

The last sentence/paragraph is priceless, in retrospect:

"When the timing is right, the train of change can become unstoppable. Mr. Obama taught America that lesson two years ago; if things continue as they are, Mr. Ford will teach it to Toronto in October. And unlike the U.S. President, he didn’t even have to admit he inhaled."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back