8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! Have you met my friends?

I have 10 dollars on it happening within five minutes. Which, really, is me betting on what I want to happen....yet again....man, I suck at approaching bets dispassionately.

FWIW MTown - Ford did have a beer chucked at him yesterday - it was shown on the TSN highlights of the game on Sportscentre last night

Hopefully Ford is following the Sarah Palin arc, where she rose to celebrity stats after she was politically dead.

Ford has lost Bay St. Does he need them to get re-elected?

The degree of transparent tribalism behind Ford is amazing. Voting for someone because you see yourself in them is incredibly narcissistic and LAZY. It's true, the left does it too, but never to this degree. I want to tap a Ford supporter on the shoulder and just tell them, "You know you're crazy right? You are free to believe what you want, but you DO understand that is a very extreme and fringe position? Do you understand the position?".

This whole Ford thing just reaffirms my belief that the right to vote should not be universal. All that does is breed intellectual laziness, which leads to uninformed voters, the fat, meaty targets of spin and lies from politicians like Rob Ford. Democracy: Putting power in the hands of idiots.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, many loyal members of Ford Nation are actually from the 905 (and cannot vote for him).

This. I've heard a few people who live in Woodbridge, Concord, Aurora, etc., say that they support Ford, citing some vague 'gravy train' rhetoric, but when questioned they have no idea about what Ford has actually done or what the issues are.

^^^ Exactly

I've had conversation with many non-Torontonians who say they can forgive the drugs because it hasn't impacted his ability and he's done great work. When I ask, what great work exactly, they can't answer.

Last edited:
Ah man......
Listening to the Oakley interview - it sounds like this man still doesn't think he did anything wrong. The coughing is a great effect too.

This. I've heard a few people who live in Woodbridge, Concord, Aurora, etc., say that they support Ford, citing some vague 'gravy train' rhetoric, but when questioned they have no idea about what Ford has actually done or what the issues are.

I had an exchange on the Sun website from some guy who was mad that the mayor of his town had introduced user fees for community sports programs and wanted to congratulate Ford for being anti-user-fee. I mean these people really have no idea what Ford's policies are.

The degree of transparent tribalism behind Ford is amazing. Voting for someone because you see yourself in them is incredibly narcissistic and LAZY.

Although I've got to figure that if you see yourself in Ford you must have incredibly low self-esteem.

These are not stupid people; they are simply willing to believe anything that "their" guy tells them, because it's exactly what they want to hear. I have very intelligent family members (e.g. medical doctors) in the USA who forward me obviously fake chain e-mails with strongly anti-liberal political content. Anyone could check Snopes and debunk these e-mails in 5 seconds, but it never occurs to them that the e-mails are fake, because the content fits with their beliefs (e.g. Obama/Muslims/liberals are destroying the country.)

These people might not be stupid, but they're being stupid. I hope you send reply emails debunking their emails in detail. My family doesn't send me debunked political emails, but I get a lot of "microwaving water causes cancer" type emails.

^^^ Exactly

I've had conversation with many non-Torontonians who says they can forgive the drugs because it hasn't impacted his ability and he's done great work. When I ask, what great work exactly, they can't answer.

I'm surprised he's had time to do any mayoral-type work at all. When he was missing 80-odd meetings it looked like he was goofing off most of the time, except when he was seen to be coaching football. Didn't realize mysterious envelope exchanges with a guy he pretended not to know were taking up so much of the rest of his hours.

The Globe & Mail has up on its site an extended video of Mayor Ford departing the Rogers Centre which captures just how crazy a scene it was!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ame/article15478579/?cmpid=rss1&click=dlvr.it

In the history of Canada has a politician ever been mobbed by fans to this degree? I don't think we saw this at the height of Trudeau-mania.

"mobbed by fans"?? "Trudeau-mania"?? you're joking right?

the "popularity" of Rob Ford has about as much in common with Trudeau-mania as Honey Boo Boo has with Last Year At Marienbad.

And the hilarity begins at council--our next prime minister is pacing and seems disoriented and confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back