News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
650,000 people and 1 outdoor non-sports/hockey rink.

this is how Rob Ford(s) win.

you can brush this off..but this is how he wins.

My daughter plays out of Leaside. We used to use Agincourt for practices, as there was plenty of ice time not being used there. Subsequently, we raised a whack of dough (and the city threw in even more) and we built a twin pad. We no longer use the Agincourt ice. I assume you will find it free. I know it's not outside, but feel free to go skate or play shinny anyway.

You're welcome.

P.S. Scarborough had the opportunity, as a separate municipality, to build outdoor rinks for a hundred years. It is not the amalgamated city's fault they did not.

Yup, Calgarian, I'll say it yet again: Doug needs to stfu and possibly be run over by someone "in a drunken stupor".

Or have his tongue cut out.

Or just gtfo, really.

Speaking of false, and/or ignorant things that Doug Ford Says:

“Look under the definition of conflict,†said Councillor Ford, claiming he doesn’t have one. “I support the police. We’re going to move forward with a tight budget.â€

The only reasons the Ford's warped understanding of conflict worked for them the last time was because of the conflicting vote technically shouldn't have happened. Hackland, and the other three judges were unanimous in noting that Ford was wilfully ignorant, and would have been in conflict.

As noted before many times on this thread, Doug is really evil, and finds a way to make just about every one of Rob's transgressions an even worse insult to civilization. But I have to give Doug props for the grim, unintentional comedy.

Quote from Don Peat article ...

What's the worst part of that? I honestly can't tell ... so many strong contenders packed into so few words ...

It's true. That is some dense fabulism right there.

The poll conducted Monday found 42% approve of the job Ford is doing as mayor

As we all know, he no longer has much of a job to do. His job consists of throwing candy canes at parades he hasn't been banned from.

I also approve of the mayor having no job

Okay, from the Sun link a post or two up, 28% of those that voted for him last time will do so again. So even on a skewed poll it looks pretty ugly for Robinoccio.

Last edited:
Around 60% of those polled believe Ford should resign and only 33% said they would vote for the mayor in the 2014 election

The key figure is the last one, Peepers. Even without knowing the rest of the field, only a third of those surveyed would vote for Ford in 2014. How is that supposed to be a vindication?

It's true. That is some dense fabulism right there.

Yes, exactly, dense, not as a euphemism for stupid, but in the sense of so much mass in so little space.

Anyway, I'm still undecided about what part of the story is most evil, but I'm sure the funniest part is the suggestion from Doug that all the journos need to take lessons from Conrad Black on how to interview Rob Ford. That is so ridiculous that I've had to stop to shake with laughter about five times while trying to type in this post.

Still scary. All of it. 28% would vote for him again. 33% would vote for him. 19% don't believe the allegations.

The fact that none of those numbers is in single digit format blows my mind/scares me/disappoints me/seriously bothers me/embarrasses me/is vexing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back