News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exactly, dense, not as a euphemism for stupid, but in the sense of so much mass in so little space.

Anyway, I'm still undecided about what part of the story is most evil, but I'm sure the funniest part is the suggestion from Doug that all the journos need to take lessons from Conrad Black on how to interview Rob Ford. That is so ridiculous that I've had to stop to shake with laughter about five times while trying to type in this post.

The funniest part, I'd say, is the fact that Doug takes himself seriously.

City of Toronto integrity commissioner investigating Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...vestigating_councillor_giorgio_mammoliti.html

What could this quote from Mammoliti’s son, Michael, possibly be referring to?

“I am seeking your support for my father so he can continue to fight the good fight at Toronto City Hall and not be held back by the financial burdens these attacks have brought on.â€

I'm sure the funniest part is the suggestion from Doug that all the journos need to take lessons from Conrad Black on how to interview Rob Ford. That is so ridiculous that I've had to stop to shake with laughter about five times while trying to type in this post.

Poor Conrad is never going to live that one down. But he willingly jumped on the Ford bandwagon because he thought it would make for a great Star-bashing party, and he's now covered in the Ford toxic slime. Serves him right.

Black is most comfortable writing. He makes for not a bad interviewee, but not such a great interviewer. He would not go head to head and debate an actual competent opponent, as the possible narcissistic injury is something people like Black avoid at all costs.

28% would vote for him again.

Well hello, John Rogers!
Keyes was from out of state, so you can eliminate any established political base; both candidates were black, so you can factor out racism; and Keyes was plainly, obviously, completely crazy. Batshit crazy. Head-trauma crazy. But 27% of the population of Illinois voted for him. They put party identification, personal prejudice, whatever ahead of rational judgement. Hell, even like 5% of Democrats voted for him. That's crazy behaviour. I think you have to assume a 27% Crazification Factor in any population.

The funniest part, I'd say, is the fact that Doug takes himself seriously.

You have to wonder, though, if it's in the "Robert DeNiro takes Travis Bickle seriously" kinda way. Doug is like a triple-inverted Stanislavskian method guy. He's deep into playing the role of a businessman playing a politician who's not *really* a politician. It's really tough work. You could lose yourself. (Mind you, he seems to have memorized the script. Brando needed his lines taped to the eye line of the camera. So there's that.).

Surprise, surprise. Ford enabler Mammo under scrutiny yet again.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...r-investigation-following-cbc-story-1.2458838

Thanks, your article's got a more complete quote from the son than mine:

The invitation to the event said Mammoliti and his family had become "the subject of political and personal attacks on numerous occasions" owing to his "continued dedication to the mayor and the administration."

"These unfounded, unjust attacks have taken their toll on him financially and my family on a personal level as well as creating unnecessary distractions for his office staff to deal with," said the invitation, written by Mammoliti's son Michael.

"I am seeking your support for my father so he can continue to fight the good fight at Toronto City Hall and not be held back by the financial burdens these attacks have brought on."

You have to wonder, though, if it's in the "Robert DeNiro takes Travis Bickle seriously" kinda way. Doug is like a triple-inverted Stanislavskian method guy. He's deep into playing the role of a businessman playing a politician who's not *really* a politician. It's really tough work. You could lose yourself. (Mind you, he seems to have memorized the script. Brando needed his lines taped to the eye line of the camera. So there's that.).

Holy F, great post! I would call it dense, and that is sincere praise!

Mayor Rob Ford livid over Toronto Hydro building purchase

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/10/mayor-rob-ford-livid-over-toronto-hydro-building-purchase

This is the kind of stuff that could get Mayor Ford re-elected.

Toronto Hydro purchased a building for $16.8 Million that sold fourteen months before for $8 Million!

The bureaucrats and board members who approved this purchase are either incredibly incompetent OR corrupt. What other explanation can there be? Property doesn't appreciate 100% in fourteen months! Was someone getting paid off?

I hope that Mayor Ford will not waste any time in calling in the RCMP fraud investigation unit. I wouldn't trust Bill Blair's force to investigate what could potentially be a massive case of fraud considering some of the politicians involved are close ally's of Police Chief.

Hmmm, maybe I jumped the gun here, but I was told by a friend that he was gay many months back and I've read a lot of pro-Ford comments calling him a "fag" consistently. I'm checking with a source at Xtra and will let you know more when I get confirmation.

Well...regardless of DDale's actual sexuality, the convenient-to-Ford fact is that physically speaking, he comes across as a four-eyed milquetoast. A weakling. Which might as well morph into "fag", or "sissy", or "softie". He's like (British) Dennis The Menace's nemesis Walter

1886421-softy.jpg

and that, to the Fords, is what matters.

I'm not sure the colour of his teeth is related to crack or to smoking anything - probably just general neglect and maybe diet. Smoking tends to make teeth browner and in a more localized way, where his teeth seem more uniformly yellow. And with strangely regular gaps between them - I wonder if Ford Sr's largesse didn't extend to orthodontist visits.

Proper dental care and hygiene is "gravy", I guess. Or a leftist conspiracy imposing itself upon personal freedom.

And if push came to shove, I suppose, it'd be perfectly in the Doug-esque spirit of Rob addressing his addiction issues by going to the gym and losing weight, if the chosen solution to his dental problems was simply by having veneers and whitening done, without addressing the matters of rot, cavities, and whatever else...

This is the kind of stuff that could get Mayor Ford re-elected.

I thought he was watching every penny? Ford is getting re-elected for allowing the things to happen he said wouldn't if he got elected?

Property doesn't appreciate 100% in fourteen months!

It does if the seller got a bargain. It doesn't matter what the previous guy paid for it...the current market value is all that matters.

Whatever...it happened two years ago. Sounds like another pathetic attempt from Joe Warmington to whip up deflection away fromt the "Mayor".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back