News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Sr's religion is immaterial. If the Ford brothers wives are RC then so would they be, if they were not then they would have converted, it's canonical law.
That's not absolute. I've been married a long time and converted but I didn't have to in order to be married. My sister has been married 40 years and has never converted. You do need to agree to raise the kids RC.

He and his brother have expressed they are RC, including several times on their circle jerk.

Doug Sr's religion is immaterial. If the Ford brothers wives are RC then so would they be, if they were not then they would have converted, it's canonical law.

Actually, you can marry a Catholic nowadays w/out converting.

This is the mistake atheists make all the time when arguing that God doesn't exist. Who says God must meet our expectations of what is right and fair?

Actually, the idea that God's system of morality, and our own system of morality are incongruent is a great argument for secularism, because it implies that humans are capable of establishing a morality independent of the existence of some supreme being. And if God isn't the foundation of our system of morality, what's the point of paying any attention to him/her/it.

He and his brother have expressed they are RC, including several times on their circle jerk.

My outsider's understanding of Catholicism rightly or wrongly holds that feelings of guilt are a huge part of the Catholic experience. I'm not sure Rob is good at that.

My outsider's understanding of Catholicism rightly or wrongly holds that feelings of guilt are a huge part of the Catholic experience. I'm not sure Rob is good at that.
My insider's experience is that they're good at the guilt thing, but they're also good at doing whatever they want Monday to Saturday and all is right with the world so long as you punch the clock on Sunday morning (or Saturday night if you want to sleep in). Hypocrisy is rampant.

Rob Ford dancing in a largely black church is something only Rob Ford can successfully pull off and this is what makes him dangerous as a politician.

Imagine if John Tory or Olivia Chow showed up a black evangelical church.

Sigh. We are 9 days away from Christmas and Ford's is looking great. Where is MetroMan?

Ford's looking great?!!? Talk about moving the goalposts. Get some perspective, good sir.

The man came off a week in which has was sued for libel (again). Then he was forced by dire circumstance to pander at a house of worship, ostensibly offering up his unhealthy mind and body for salvation by someone else's god. While there he was publicly scolded for stinking like weed.

That's not absolute. I've been married a long time and converted but I didn't have to in order to be married. My sister has been married 40 years and has never converted. You do need to agree to raise the kids RC.

We differ on experience in this area, are we both taling about churh weddings?

Actually, you can marry a Catholic nowadays w/out converting.

Catholicism and Roman Catholicism differentiate on practice on doctrine, in short RC tend to be more fundimental. This is not the right forum to debate comparative religion; however, a new topic could be created.

The movie Dogma answered this eloquently, "I have issues with anyone who treats G-d as a burden instead of a blessing. You people don't celebrate your faith; you mourn it." --- Serendipity

Rob Ford dancing in a largely black church is something only Rob Ford can successfully pull off and this is what makes him dangerous as a politician.

Imagine if John Tory or Olivia Chow showed up a black evangelical church.

Jake Blues come to mind. Remenber, the Ford Brothers have perfessed there undying love for American politics.

Last edited:
Ford's looking great?!!? Talk about moving the goalposts. Get some perspective, good sir.

The man came off a week in which has was sued for libel (again). Then he was forced by dire circumstance to pander at a house of worship, ostensibly offering up his unhealthy mind and body for salvation by someone else's god. While there he was publicly scolded for stinking like weed.

We're days aways from Christmas and Ford's (Christmas) is looking great. That's what I wanted to say. Did I say it wrong?

It's just that it has been said here that he would certainly have a crappy Christmas.

Also, this is just obvious pandering to his perceived base. I think he flailed and shimmied around a little at one of the Caribana parades, too. Apparently, Rob Ford thinks black peoples' votes can be bought through the magic of dance. It's an....interesting approach.
It's worth noting that Ford's appearance was because he was invited to this church rather than a drunken stupor "let's go dancin'!" moment.

Catholicism and Roman Catholicism differentiate on practice on doctrine, in short RC tend to be more fundimental. This is not the right forum to debate comparative religion; however, a new topic could be created.

I was talking about Roman Catholicism; I've been to a few weddings where no conversion was required - the deal, as someone noted, was that the children be brought up in the faith. It does also depend on the priest - I've also been to some first communions where the communicants' parents weren't married in the eyes of the church.

Re Tory or Chow showing up at a church...one never knows...it's Christmas/pre election season.

ETA - okay, no more God Talk, sorry.

It's worth noting that Ford's appearance was because he was invited to this church rather than a drunken stupor "let's go dancin'!" moment.

Rob Ford smoked crack inside a crackden with black thugs and surprisingly this is whats keeping his popularity alive with many people.

he could of (probably has) did lines of coke in a million dollar penthouse in downtown toronto but he choose to "chill with the homies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back