News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doolittle: Actually, one funny moment from last night: I did a Ramsay Talk with Kirstine Stewart from Twitter Canada about the book. Afterwards I signed books. About half way through, former mayoral candidate plunked down her copy and asked that I sign on the page where I say she "went a bit loopy" after her provincial run. She was not at all happy. I sort of cringed. Sarah is nice enough, but I felt that I had to include that detail in the book. Sarah ran for mayor and impressed everyone with her ideas and professionalism. She ran for the province and impressed everyone. Then she traded in her french roll for dread locks and posting really personal things on her Facebook page and making odd comments online that you wouldn't think a person wanting to get elected would do. I think to address her accusations that Rob Ford grabbed her butt, you have to mention the fact that a lot of people have questions about her. Again I like her, but I can't ignore that because I like her. (Afterwards she posted on Facebook that she got home and read the page for the first time and cried because I'd gone after her looks. I guess forgetting I'd signed the page at the launch.. and that I wasn't talking about her looks…)
http://www.scribblelive.com/Event/SinglePost.aspx?PostId=104673049&lang=undefined

Just over halfway through the book, but there was one Rob quote from his councilor days that I'd never seen before, that I thought was funny. He was voting against the suicide prevention barrier on the Bloor viaduct and he said something like "Instead of spending money on suicide prevention barriers we should spend money on catching child molesters, since that's what makes most people commit suicide in the first place.".

He was voting against the suicide prevention barrier on the Bloor viaduct and he said something like "Instead of spending money on suicide prevention barriers we should spend money on catching child molesters, since that's what makes most people commit suicide in the first place.".

After the Veil went up, I wonder how many just walked over to Castlefrank or Broadview and threw themselves under a train instead?

I remember one young woman on the Viaduct ( before the barrier went up ). We got to her in time, and I asked her, "why?". She said if just one person had smiled at her, that she never would have considered taking the jump.

Last edited:
At the very ends of the Veil, it is possible for those to jump out and die. This is why the city did not remove the distress phones.

Just over halfway through the book, but there was one Rob quote from his councilor days that I'd never seen before, that I thought was funny. He was voting against the suicide prevention barrier on the Bloor viaduct and he said something like "Instead of spending money on suicide prevention barriers we should spend money on catching child molesters, since that's what makes most people commit suicide in the first place.".
Wow to my perspective, this is a very telling statement by RF. Why would his mind automatically go to child molestation?
Lots of people have mental health issues who have never been abused.
Yes, sexual abuse definitely will contribute to mental health issues. But there is not a direct correlation.
But to RF there is.
Of course, my gut instinct is that those Ford kids were abused in some awful way, and that is why they are all so dysfunctional. Add in that the mom might be an alcoholic herself, and they have hereditary disposition to substance issues. The father seems like he was a real, angry piece of work from all accounts I have read.

Robin Doolittle is great in this Ramsay talk.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/02/04/doolittle_shares_crazy_town_insights_in_ramsay_talk.html

She has star quality and is beginning to shift a lot of the focus away from RF within this tawdry tale, and I can see that she and her own story will increasingly become a competing interest in its own right. And she is young, and talks like someone who is 29 years old, but with authority on the RF thing. Hopefully she will be a good access point for other young people forming opinions about the RF story. Thank God...she provides the perfect antidote for this delusional young Vancouver-area woman bedazzled by RF, as interviewed on CBC Vancouver a few pages back.

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/video/?videoid=cbcc2014-0302-2109-0013-243469571000

Last edited:
I would guess that because Doolittle and Donovan received threats, the police would have been been involved investigating.....watching/ surveiling?

Definitely more here than the goofball scoring hits from Lisi!

Threats, jailhouse beat downs, the goofball stating to one of his staff that more to the crack allegation and others will fall!

Giroux's cp24 interview tells me he's confident and onto something :)

Just like Ford was born with no shame, Lisi seems to have no sense of fear. This is the guy who walked into the snakes nest at Dixon right into the middle of a bunch of guys with guns and threatened the shit out of them about the video and Rob's cell phone. He's not afraid of Dixon City Bloods and he's not afraid of Rob Ford.

What he doesn't like is to do time. Despite his lifelong career of crime, I can't find any inication that he's done any significant time behind bars. He has taken a plea deal or gotten off suspiciously easy each time. He didn't get the "rat" nickname for nothing.

If Lisi has flipped, it would make sense that he was wearing a wire at his sit down with ROFO at Steak Queen the other night.. hmmm

Of course, my gut instinct is that those Ford kids were abused in some awful way, and that is why they are all so dysfunctional. Add in that the mom might be an alcoholic herself, and they have hereditary disposition to substance issues. The father seems like he was a real, angry piece of work from all accounts I have read.

Many are just ignorant about mental health in general. Keep in mind that some people don't even think mental health is a thing, and write off those will mental illness and/or addiction as having some sort of character flaw.

Presumably some, but the available evidence seems to show that it's outweighed by the decrease in the number of suicides at the "hot spot" after a barrier is installed.

From what I understand the evidence does indeed show that if you eliminate the "hot spot" you can actually prevent suicide overall. But in the case of the viaduct it didn't seem to actually work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_Veil

While the Luminous Veil appears to have had the intended effect of preventing suicides on the Prince Edward Viaduct, it has had no appreciable effect on the total number of suicides in Toronto

More detail here:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/01/10/the_fatal_attraction_of_suicide_magnets.html

Wow to my perspective, this is a very telling statement by RF. Why would his mind automatically go to child molestation?
Lots of people have mental health issues who have never been abused.
Yes, sexual abuse definitely will contribute to mental health issues. But there is not a direct correlation.
But to RF there is.

Ford may have it stuck in his head that Martin Kruze, one of the victims of the infamous Maple Leaf Gardens child sex-abuse scandal, committed suicide by jumping off the Bloor Viaduct. Still, to focus on this one victim can be telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back