News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
the quebec mayors have even more incentive to criticize ford - he's considered to be an oafish barbarian in quebec and expressing such a view is popular. for the mayors to say so publicly is basically to speak for quebeckers, like, there's an advantage for them there. i honestly don't think that ford could be less popular anywhere in canada than in quebec - he could probably even be elected mayor of some other towns, like winnipeg or edmonton, in quebec i doubt the courts would even allow him to run.

With the corruption in Quebec! Who have got to be kidding

If we have to go through this charade of a campaign, it better be funny, Doug. I want pratfalls, I want goofball, irrational threats against everyone. I want funny ethnic voices, I want musical numbers. It's time, Rob. Let it all out. Dance, clown, dance.

Last edited:
Yes, Blair defended Ford. But it's a harder sell than ever that Ford didn't say those things.

I always assumed that Blair was lying and I was shocked Blair not only waded into that Fordian mess, he also put his reputation and credibility on the line.

I figured it was in exchange for some kind of implied future favour and that he was fairly confident he would be able to lock the tapes away forever. Certainly he wouldn't expect Ford to come clean. But threatening to tell the truth about that day just to embarrass the chief is not something I would put past Rob-fucking-Ford or his "Robbie would get away with murder, that's how much the people love him" brother. Blair would have way more to lose than Ford.

In any case, just idle speculation on what the "something" the Fords would have on Blair might be.

I really don't see what possible advantage there is to Blair to come out and lie in defence of Ford about those 911 calls; other people know the truth of it, and it's a matter of police record, so he would then be risking being caught in a public lie for no apparent gain to defend someone he presumably despises.

Sorry, but this just doesn't make any sense.

Define normal.

reporterdonpeat 8:48am via HootSuite
Crack-smoking Mayor Rob Ford claims he is “normal” & “not an international celebrity”.

There is a new rob and Doug you tube video today. Daniel Dale is sacrificing his eyesight and hearing to tell us about it.

More Ford math from today's steaming, fresh you tube video.

ddale8 8:54am via Web
Doug Ford claims Waterfront Toronto has "wasted" $1 billion. "On Sugar Beach? That's a concrete beach with some aluminum umbrellas?"

Does this even make sense?

ddale8 8:59am via Web
Rob Ford: "There's poor and rich, and I stick up for the poor people." Doug Ford twice calls left-leaning councillors "poverty pimps."

Last edited:
On Monday, Doug Ford dismissed the importance of big donors, noting that his brother is supported by many average residents. Tory, he said, will receive cheques for the maximum $2,500; “with Rob Ford, we raise $20 cheques.â€

I assume this is total BS. Can someone with a full donor list from 2010 do a frequency analysis to see what % of Ford's donors/dollars came from <$50 amounts vs. >$1,000?

I assume this is total BS. Can someone with a full donor list from 2010 do a frequency analysis to see what % of Ford's donors/dollars came from <$50 amounts vs. >$1,000?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/42801515/Rob-Ford-Donor-List

Scanning through now...

Payman is on here.

interesting to note that at some point Rob got somebody smart enough to put the first name and last name in different columns, but then after a stretch it goes back to being in one again.

Last edited:

That would take way too much manual labour. The donor list was never provided in anything but image format. It has to be OCRed and then every line has to be manually verified/cleaned up. Only then can you throw it into Excel and start analyzing the data.

I'd only do something like that if it was my job. That's a lot of dreadful work.

http://votetoronto.ca/~votetoro/en/4/1/200/2010-Election-Pre-Disclosure-of-Mayor-elect-Rob-Ford%27s-Contributors--Toronto-Mayor-2010-Campaign-Pre-disclosure-Election-2010.htm

Ford got 784 donations of less than $99, totaling $31,562. He got 172 donations of $750 or higher, totaling $262,250. The range from $100 to $750 accounted for the largest share of his campaign donations - 1769 donations, totaling $393,220.

This does not include the fundraising that John Tory helped coordinate after the election to pay off Ford's campaign debts.

Doug is busy today trying to salvage one career and intent on destroying another.

ddale8 9:15am via Web
Doug Ford says Blair appeared on CP24 soon after Rob Ford did well in a post-ice-storm Forum poll, doesn't think it was a coincidence.

thekeenanwire 9:17am via Twitter for iPhone
Um. RT “@ddale8: Doug Ford on Chief Bill Blair: "He just keeps breaking the law."”

Last edited:
-Doug's thing is that Blair is a shill for Tory. Whatever. Doug really is coming unhinged.

-The Doolittle video from last night is on the NBC site but of course you get the "not available in your country" thing. Should be up at CTV relatively soon.

-Newest tweet from the Artist Formerly Known as Mayor Rob Frod:
https://twitter.com/TOMayorFrod/status/439042471041855488/photo/1

I do believe that's the same tie we were researching the other day, from the video, right? Does this millionaire really only have like 3 non-novelty ties? That tie should have its own meme.

It seems impossible to deny that the Ford's are trying to launch a pre-emptive attack against Blair's credibility. They must know the endgame is close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back