News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any "treats", if any, will be strictly controlled and rationed.

You were saying...

Retweeted by robyndoolittle
Benjamin Hochman@hochman 4m
@robyndoolittle Thought you'd like this: my HS buddy ran into a wandering Rob Ford in LA - Benjamin, Denver Post pic.twitter.com/2aFQdKKR7K

Bhu3zcaCQAEoUTG.jpg

I'm honestly afraid that it's going to have some sort of conciliatory spin to it, where Rob comes off looking like "not such a bad guy," and a "good sport."
Rob gave Kimmel, the chauffeur, 20 dollars at the airport. He's already shown that he has a sense of humour and is a "good sport".

Of course it will.

Exactly. And most people are talking about what a train wreck this will be, and how it will be cringe-worth, but in reality, he's going to come out of this smelling like a rose, and it'll reinforce the delusions that the Fords have about themselves. Hell, it might even push some supporters who have left his camp back in. It's just very disappointing to see the positive attention that this vile family is getting.

Exactly. And most people are talking about what a train wreck this will be, and how it will be cringe-worth, but in reality, he's going to come out of this smelling like a rose, and it'll reinforce the delusions that the Fords have about themselves. Hell, it might even push some supporters who have left his camp back in. It's just very disappointing to see the positive attention that this vile family is getting.

He's going to be arrested soon, so that will balance it all out.

I'm not a follower of Kimmel, I've just seen a few clips of his stuff with Rob online. What can we expect Kimmel to do with Ford? It looks like he's being nice and friendly right now, but I get this feeling that he's reeling Rob in for the kill. Am I right?

He'd better be, but who knows? There's always been a tackiness to Kimmel, going back to the Man Show days. This could just be a " while other talk show hosts are talking about him we've actually GOT him"-style gag, that isn't about anything more than putting the exhibit on display. I hope there's more to it than that.

If Kimmel and his writers have seen Rob Ford interviewed, they're probably not going to give him a live spot because he isn't a good interview. Instead, they will film a bunch of stuff and edit it into something funny, perhaps having Ford come out and introduce it with Kimmel. Ford will come off as a jovial man of the people. That's showbiz, folks.

It is quite sickening. I'm not that familiar with Kimmel - I'm barely aware that ABC has late night shows up against CBS or NBC. I can only assume that Jimmy Kimmel is a horrible human being, playing games like this with a crack-smoking wife-beating bigot.

Looks like his show airs on City TV here in Toronto. Does that mean City has to give the other mayoral candidates equal time?

He's going to be arrested soon, so that will balance it all out.
I fear that's just wishful thinking.

I wondering what the chances on this junket for something weird to happen to *Randy* Ford, given how he's taken to looking like some eternally soused Billy Carter/Roger Clinton brother-to-be-stashed-away case...

Initially when i saw *Randy* was on Hollywood excursion thought he was trying to get exposure for his dumb hat a la Pharrell William's hat at Grammys.

Then thought about 'murderous rant'/drug deal video where RoFo states that his brother Randy carries the "purse'.
If Randy carries the family "purse" of course he has to attend the Oscar festivities.

Long time family friends Jim Flaherty and Dennis Morris must be so proud of Ford brothers now being in worldwide spotlight.

If Kimmel and his writers have seen Rob Ford interviewed, they're probably not going to give him a live spot because he isn't a good interview. Instead, they will film a bunch of stuff and edit it into something funny, perhaps having Ford come out and introduce it with Kimmel. Ford will come off as a jovial man of the people. That's showbiz, folks.

It will probably be a Bud Melman kind of skit - Rob may think it's about him but the punch lines will be how regular people interact with him when he does/says stupid stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back