News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Kimmel annoits him "best mayor ever" at the end of the segment, Ford and his Nation realize that this title relates ONLY to the fact that Ford is providing invaluable material for late-night hosts, right? That he's joke material for jokers?

I do not use Fakebook or Sh!tter.

Is there a reason you keep saying this other than to suggest how awesome you are for not doing that? FWIW, there is plenty of well-written commentary on Twitter and Facebook - it all depends on whom you follow. Also, lots of questionable material on your beloved Wikipedia.

There are too many poorly-written stuff

Yes, I am a stickler for proper spelling and grammar.

Could have fooled me.

I have informed my colleagues at work this morning that if I screw up something, or even if I commit a deliberate act of malfeasance, it’s okay, because I’m not perfect.

I am reliably informed that this method works a treat with one's spouse or significant other as well.

This quote, from that article, is very telling:

Warmington has latched onto Ford in the hope that he wins re-election. Warmington instantly becomes the mouthpiece for the legendary Mayor Ford, who despite all odds came back to destroy his competitors. It's pure, misdirected, ambition.

I feel like I (and we) say it every time but every time he "writes" something new Wormington achieves new lows. His 3 versions of the same article last night should have been worthy of losing his job, if not for the fact the Sun is clearly still milking his weak connections for web hits. He seems to think that "That's all you got?" is a good comeback for being accused of a wife-beating, homophobic liar? He walked into an AMBUSH? Does he even know what that word means? Because agreeing to an interview with a comedian who has mocked you for months is not an AMBUSH. I mean, if he loses the election on Oct. 27, will Warmington call that a "sneak attack" by John Tory? All his comments about the mayor holding up under a brutal barrage is just so much fellating b.s. We may be in a Ford-hating echo-chamber here but I haven't seen ANYONE who thinks Ford came off remotely well and Warmington is going on about how he weathered the storm as if, his dumb answers aside, he wasn't mocked for dressing a magician and wasn't so red and sweaty that even the TV makeup people couldn't make him look like he was going to have an on-air coronary. (I expected, "I'm not perfect [cough cough] - are you?" to be his last gasps in that instance.)

He prints the most baseless, asinine quotes and because they are the ONLY quotes Ford is a) capable of producing b) giving anyone, people pay attention. Warmington is just the third, boring ring in this three-ring circus and I sincerely hope he loses his job or is pushed off to covering bake sales when this is done. It's not like commentary on Mayor Chow or Mayor Tory will have any value and it's even less likely either of them will ever grace him with a call. I have to think about whether I am more disgusted by Ford or Warmington at this point but both are embarrassing themselves personally and disgracing their professions and employers in the process.

And someone else made the same crack but I definitely think "People didn't elect me to be perfect," should be something everyone tries out at work.
"Hey, John - did you leave coffee grounds all over the counter, break the photocopier and then pee on the floor in the washroom?"
"Well yeah, Jim - but you hired me to try cases in court, not to be perfect. I'm not perfect - maybe you are."

Last edited:
Nothing was more poignant than Kimmels comment:

"Hey, Kool Aid!"

This describes the Mayors demeanor AND his loyal followers in one foul swoop...

Of all the comments I've read in various papers, these are arguably the best ones:

Son of Scrimbro 4 hours ago>> After managing to laugh his way through most of the jokes in an aw-come-on, gimme-a-break sort of way, he went straight into his campaign pitch, repeating familiar boasts about how many calls he has answered and how much money he has saved taxpayers.

I can't decide what's more incredible: that a TV comic showed Ford more tough love and concern for his well-being in one half-hour than his own family and legions of so-called supporters have shown in years...

...or that Ford was stupid enough to think that audience really cared about his "billion dollars in savings," or what kind of "mess" he supposedly inherited, and he could control that interview in any way by muttering his "I'm not perfect" line.

Either way, his detachment from reality is almost complete. I'd feel sorry for him, if he hadn't brought it on himself.

Brian Allen 4 hours ago

I gained a lot of regard for Jimmy Kimmel watching that. He went out of his way to stress that Toronto was a great city and read samples of the commentary from Toronto about the embarrassment of having Rob Ford making a spectacle, to make clear he wasn't lumping the city together with the Mayor. He was funny, but pointedly referenced the video episodes of Rob Ford, and Rob Ford's lack of explanation for the first one said all that needed to be said about his unfitness for Mayor. And at the end of the interview, laughs aside, he sincerely tried to encourage him to get some help, like Jon Stewart did when he was covering Rob Ford's crack revelations some time ago. I wasn't sure what to expect watching it, but that wasn't just reflexively cracking jokes, it was very well done.

Last edited:
Well at least one mayoral candidate had something to say about the Kimmel experience:

Here’s what each campaign said when asked about Ford’s trip to Los Angeles to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live:

Karen Stintz campaign:
“We have no comment about Rob Ford going to Hollywood at this time.”

— Lauren Souch, press secretary for Stintz campaign

David Soknacki campaign
“The Soknacki-Ford contrast is stark, and these last few days are just another example of how flippantly Ford treats the office of the mayor.
“This past weekend, David canvassed at Yonge and Lawrence and attended Equal Voice. Tonight, David will be meeting with transit advocates to discuss methods of overcoming the city’s gridlock. The mayor on the other hand was out meeting celebrities, attending parties in Hollywood — for reasons that are still not entirely clear — and will be appearing on a late night show that has incessantly mocked him directly.

“People often talk about name recognition early in campaigns, but the truth is, sometimes we’ve heard of people for the wrong reasons, and this is a case in point.

— Supriya Dwivedi, press secretary for the Soknacki campaign

John Tory campaign:
“We have no comment.”

— Bob Richardson, spokesman for John Tory campaign

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/0...immy-kimmel-sheds-a-negative-light-on-toronto

Further proof that he is a lying POS

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 4m
Clr Ford says the Jimmy Kimmel appearance was scripted, that they knew what they would get

Everything Doug says is a lie. Listening to Doug talk about it being scripted and all the great contacts they made is just so much crap. And I think he believes it too.

I'd love for a reporter to ask, if the mayor wants people to ignore his personal mistakes and look at this record, why do they mention he weight loss in LITERALLY every single interview? Jeeze.

I have informed my colleagues at work this morning that if I screw up something, or even if I commit a deliberate act of malfeasance, it’s okay, because I’m not perfect.

Well, it'll be in the past and you can't change it, so that's okay.

Further proof that he is a lying POS

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 4m
Clr Ford says the Jimmy Kimmel appearance was scripted, that they knew what they would get

Every single talk show on TV is scripted. Kimmel and Ford would have done a pre interview. These questions would have gotten the "OK" from Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back