News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip> why do they mention he weight loss in LITERALLY every single interview?

Since he ( and his mother and Doug ) have mentioned it, Rob seems to have been on the "husky" side all his life.

There are lots of diets - medically supervised, non-surgical Optifast is one - that are very effective. He could look like a new man by the time of the election.
View attachment 23259

Last edited:
Every single talk show on TV is scripted. Kimmel and Ford would have done a pre interview. These questions would have gotten the "OK" from Ford.

It depends on the guests. Some will want every specific question screened, and some are fine with just an outline of the what will be discussed. My guess is this is what Rob Ford received, considering that he looked a bit shell-shocked with the questions. Also, I am pretty sure that after the taping, Doug and Rob said they were ambushed.

Ok, with that over it's almost ITO time. Tomorrow should be an... interesting... day for the mayor.

Are we for sure getting more ITOs tomorrow? Or will they likely be heavily redacted?

Every single talk show on TV is scripted. Kimmel and Ford would have done a pre interview. These questions would have gotten the "OK" from Ford.

Doolittle had this to say about The Daily Show:

Personally, I really appreciated the fact that he came to see me for a bit before the taping (it’s shot at 6 p.m.), which he apparently does for all of his guests. In a few of the shows I’ve been on recently, hosts will give you a heads-up about areas they’d like to cover in the interview. At the Daily Show you walk in blind, so that bit of face time went a long way to ease my nerves.

So it seems that in general she is saying talk shows are unscripted in her experience but they will give you a broad idea of what they're going to say, unlike TDS.

Since he ( and his mother and Doug ) have mentioned it, Rob seems to have been on the "husky" side all his life.

There are lots of diets - medically supervised, non-surgical Optifast is one - that are very effective. He could look like a new man by the time of the election.
View attachment 23259

Most diets require discipline, which Ford doesn't have. He's been claiming he's lost 40 pounds for three months. They aren't even trying to change the talking point, but really it doesn't matter because their base eats it all up. They don't care about facts, or consistency. They don't care if they're repeatedly lied to. As shown by Warmington, they really don't care if they're repeatedly lied to and used to spread those lies only to have the lies change and have them look like idiots.

Read this on Twitter:

"Doug reminds Toronto media that Jimmy Kimmel is scripted, just like a Joe Warmington column, but with fewer revisions."

It depends on the guests. Some will want every specific question screened, and some are fine with just an outline of the what will be discussed. My guess is this is what Rob Ford received, considering that he looked a bit shell-shocked with the questions. Also, I am pretty sure that after the taping, Doug and Rob said they were ambushed.

I don't doubt that Ford had some idea of what he would be asked about, but he still did a pretty poor job of answering. Kimmel wisely used the opportunity to ask him a question that no one in the media here seems to have been willing to press him on - namely, who was he talking about in the death threat video - and Ford lamely shrugged it off in an 'I can't remember, I was too high at the time' kind of way.

We can't really be glossing over the startling fact that our highest elected municipal official was MAKING DEATH THREATS in the first place, can we?

BTW, Roy - I tried responding to your PM but it says you're over your storage quota. Point taken though, thanks.

Most diets require discipline, which Ford doesn't have. He's been claiming he's lost 40 pounds for three months. They aren't even trying to change the talking point, but really it doesn't matter because their base eats it all up. They don't care about facts, or consistency. They don't care if they're repeatedly lied to. As shown by Warmington, they really don't care if they're repeatedly lied to and used to spread those lies only to have the lies change and have them look like idiots.

The issue isn't whether he's lost weight - I'm sure he has (ironically, a lot more than in the Cut the Waist idiocy). My issue is that he keeps saying he's not going to talk about all that personal stuff (ie the drugs, crime etc.) and people should focus on his record, saving the city money etc. It's the most obvious hypocrisy to say, "look at my record, not my personal life and also I've lost 40 pounds and I'm going to the gym..."

The issue isn't whether he's lost weight - I'm sure he has (ironically, a lot more than in the Cut the Waist idiocy). My issue is that he keeps saying he's not going to talk about all that personal stuff (ie the drugs, crime etc.) and people should focus on his record, saving the city money etc. It's the most obvious hypocrisy to say, "look at my record, not my personal life and also I've lost 40 pounds and I'm going to the gym..."

My response was half a reply to casita and half a vent, but I agree with you.

Exactly. From the Wormington article: [In the background I could hear the mayor saying he was “set up†but he did not seem angry or pouting.]

Doesn't sound like it was very scripted to me.

I doubt Kimmel ran those questions / topics by him in advance. They were after his spontaneous reactions. It's not a strict rule that late night shows are scripted... in this case it makes more sense for it not to be. Doug is just trying to save face here.

No, that's not how it works, at least not with people like Ford who don't have material. It's not like Kimmel is going to make sure everything is set up in advance so Ford can get all his crazy talking points in. And what Doug was saying was that the cameo appearance on Sunday night's show was scripted, not last night's, although in typical Ford fashion( i.e., "I have a lot of Jamaican friends...we were at Steak Queen", which is two separate statements strung together so people will think he was at Steak Queen with Jamaican friends), he phrases it in a deliberately misleading way.

View attachment 23259

That kid standing next to Rob seems really thrilled to be there. Some things never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back