News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'd said I'd leave this topic alone before either of you said made your feelings known, I guess I can only apologise for boring people with technology stuff.
I actually love technology and am not bored talking about it, but we have had the discussion, and this is a Rob Ford thread, so it becomes a derailment. It's frustrating when you log in and see a bunch of new pages and there's nothing new in there and sometimes not even anything about Rob Ford.

I actually love technology and am not bored talking about it, but we have had the discussion, and this is a Rob Ford thread, so it becomes a derailment. It's frustrating when you log in and see a bunch of new pages and there's nothing new in there and sometimes not even anything about Rob Ford.

Well we could talk about Malaysia Airlines 370 instead if you want. Robbie seems to be laying low.

Ford shocked everyone this morning by showing up at City Hall around 10:30. Pan Am people were seen in the area so he probably had a meeting at 9 and got there 1.5 hours late :D

He is campaigning...ooops, I mean visiting yet antoher TCHC building today. Says he isn't campaigning and of course we don't believe him.

I felt as if it was relevant and interesting to the theme of this thread. It is a story I had forgotten about, and if someone is able to lend legitimacy to it (while one of the stars of the story is in the news), we should welcome that. No?

I felt as if it was relevant and interesting to the theme of this thread. It is a story I had forgotten about, and if someone is able to lend legitimacy to it (while one of the stars of the story is in the news), we should welcome that. No?
Yes and no ... derailments tend to veer off from the relevant, and it was discussed in great detail earlier. One of the reasons for this huge thread has been a number of derailments (local vs national newspapers, anyone?).

New threads can be started to talk about missing airplanes, technology, whatever.

Anyway, I'm not a mod, it's up to them obviously. Just throwing in my two cents.

And now the discussion of a derailment has turned into a derailment :)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com//new...sing-longest-serving-staffer/article17390775/

Apologies if this made the weekend thread discussion - haven't had time to catch up yet.

Choice quotations:

"'It was time for a change for my own health and well-being.'"

"Not a single member of the mayor’s downsized office was with him before May of last year, about the time news broke of a video allegedly showing the mayor smoking crack cocaine. The only other member of Mr. Ford’s staff with city hall experience is his communications assistant Amin Massoudi, a former aide to Councillor Doug Ford. Beginning Monday, Mr. Massoudi is on an extended leave. That leaves Mr. Ford with eight active staff – a chief of staff, a manager of events, a policy adviser and five “special assistants,” one of whom is his driver."

> That leaves Mr. Ford with eight active staff – a chief of staff, a manager of events, a policy adviser and five “special assistants,” one of whom is his driver.

Metro Chairman Gardiner - often described as the Canadian equivalent of Robert Moses* - only had two stenographers, one receptionist and a chauffeur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Moses

Last edited:
Ford shocked everyone this morning by showing up at City Hall around 10:30. Pan Am people were seen in the area so he probably had a meeting at 9 and got there 1.5 hours late :D

He is campaigning...ooops, I mean visiting yet antoher TCHC building today. Says he isn't campaigning and of course we don't believe him.

Can someone ask one of the doors he knocked on or get a long range mic to pick up what he is saying?

> That leaves Mr. Ford with eight active staff – a chief of staff, a manager of events, a policy adviser and five “special assistants,” one of whom is his driver.

Metro Chairman Gardiner - often described as the Canadian equivalent of Robert Moses* - only had two stenographers, one receptionist and a chauffeur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Moses

Maybe if either had had someone to go out and talk to people before they threw up a highway, we wouldn't have needed Jane Jacobs, then.

Bill Blair on CityTV right now. Unfortunately to get to watch it, I had to sit through 18 ads and didn't get to hear the part where he commented on the Fords.

Bill Blair on CityTV right now. Unfortunately to get to watch it, I had to sit through 18 ads and didn't get to hear the part where he commented on the Fords.
'"I'm not engaged in a feud," Chief Bill Blair tells CItynews when asked about relationship with Rob Ford and Doug Ford.' is all I'm seeing on Twitter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back