News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, thx. But can he refuse to speak?

I'm not a lawyer or anything... But yes you can sit there and say nothing until the end of time if you want. But you don't have the right to demand your lawyer like in American cop shows. (Again that's my layman's understanding).

A criminal lawyer I knew once told me "If you're arrested never talk to the police. Nothing good can possibly come from it".

I'm not judging the community as a whole. I'm saying as they've become more Westernized more kids are giving up traditional values for our gang culture.

Our gang culture? Somalia is still a pre-modern tribal society-- gangs as government, in short-- with absolutely horrible attitudes toward gender equality, homosexuality and free thinkers consituting those "traditional values". I'm all in favour of welcoming and supporting Somali new Canadians, so no kneejerk bigotry here, but let's not slide down the slope of romanticising other cultures or blaming their issues on our decadence.

Ya I just presumed it worked like on tv where the guy sits there, says nothing and then shortly after his lawyer bursts in and shuts things down. Based on Ford's court appearance I think he'd be screwed if he had a top cop working on him for hours.

You can gum up the works real quick on booking....just ask for "Duty Consel".....

Please add to the list!

Memorable Ford moments For whoever starts to write the script. :)

'Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine"?--On homeless shelters, April 2002

“I don’t understand. Number one, I don’t understand a transgender. I don’t understand. Is it a guy dressed up like a girl, or a girl dressed up like a guy? And we’re funding this for – I don’t know, what does it say here – we’re giving them $3,210?”-On city funding for LGBTQ programs, June 14, 2005

"Are you some kind of right-wing commie bastard?... Do you want your little wife to go over to Iran and get raped and shot?... Green party fucking rules."-
Ford badgering tourists after being asked to be quiet at a Maple Leafs game, April 15, 2006

“If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn’t get AIDS probably. That’s the bottom line.... How are women getting it? Maybe they are sleeping with bisexual men.”-June 29, 2006

"Those Oriental people work like dogs. They work their hearts out. They are workers non-stop. They sleep beside their machines. That's why they're successful in life. I went to Seoul, South Korea, I went to Taipei, Taiwan. I went to Tokyo, Japan. That's why these people are so hard workers [sic]. I'm telling you, the Oriental people, they're slowly taking over." -Ford on immigration, March 2008

“My heart bleeds for them when someone gets killed. But it’s their own fault at the end of the day.”
-On fatally injured cyclists, March 7, 2007

“Cyclists are a pain in the ass.” Then, after being told his words were unparliamentary: “I will retract the word ‘ass.’” --May 25, 2009

“I’ll try, buddy, I’ll try. I don’t know this shit, but I’ll fucking try to find it. Why don’t you go on the street and score it? Fuck, you know, I don’t know any drug dealers at all.”--Taped conversation with resident on where to get oxycontin, June 4, 2010

“People want subways, folks… subways, subways. They don’t want these damn streetcars blocking up our city!”--March 22, 2012

“I cannot support taxing the taxpayer.”-On paying for transit expansion, July 9, 2012

“I’ve never read that before.”--On the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act, September 5, 2012

"They don't believe me until I start speaking it, and then they look and say 'Holy Smokes this guy can speak Arabic!'" - Ford on his radio show on how fellow councillors are impressed that he can speak Arabic, on March 10, 2013.

"It’s just lies after lies and lies and I’ve called you pathological liars and you are, so why don’t you take me to court? Let the courts decide." - Ford facing off against the press in some of his first comments about the crack video scandal on March 25, 2013.

"I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine. As for a video, I cannot comment on a video that I have never seen or does not exist.”
- Ford’s now-famous initial denial of reports he is seen on a video smoking crack on May 24, 2013.

“Bunch of maggots… Sorry, maybe I shouldn’t have said that.” - Ford speaking on his now-defunct radio show about journalists that cover him on May 25, 2013.

"I have no reason to resign."
- The mayor directly after admitting to smoking crack while in office on October 31, 2013

"That was pure stupidity. I shouldn't have got hammered down at the Danforth. If you're going to have a couple drinks you stay home, and that's it. You don't make a public spectacle of yourself." - Ford reflecting on his level of sobriety at the Taste of the Danforth Festival in the summer on November 3, 2013.

"I've run a fantastic city. I don't want to toot my own horn here but I'm the best mayor this city has ever had." - Ford on his NewsTalk 1010 program on November 3, 2013.

"Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine. But do I? Am I an addict? No. Have I tried it? Probably in one of my drunken stupors, probably approximately about a year ago." - Ford emerged from his office in early November to officially admit to smoking crack on November 5, 2013.

"Oh and the last thing was Olivia Gondek, it says it says that I wanted to eat her pussy. Olivia Gondek, I've never said that in my life to her. I would never do that. I'm happily married. I've got more than enough to eat at home. Thank you very much." - The mayor denying he made a profane sexual comment to a former city hall aide on November 14, 2013.

"Women love money. You give them a couple thousand bucks and they’re happy." - Ford on the Washington, D.C., sports talk radio he guests on, discussing Christmas gifts for his wife on December 19, 2013.

Complied from CBC, Now, CityTV, Global and Gawker

Last edited:
Last edited:
That's something pro-Ford people say to try to minimize the situation. Most people I know rarely mention the crack use except when tallying up their grievances about this buffoon.

So a friend of Ford's who I know was defending him by saying crack and powder coke are pretty much the same high and that this is only making international headlines because crack has a certain stigma associated with it. I've never tried either but he's right about the stigma part. Still, people would be outraged if he was caught on video doing lines too.

That's a common line (heh) of argument and has some merit, but it astonishes me how many Ford friends/fans talk as if cocaine use were the only wildly inappropriate thing Ford has done while in office. It's as if they haven't read or watched anything over the past ten months.

"Please add to the list!
Memorable Ford moments For whoever starts to write the script."

"Is that all you've got?" ;)

So apparently Price might not be in the clear, even though he seemed to cooperate with police.

Fits with the police interviews of Price in the ITO where they ask him why he was in contact with the shooting victim at unit 1703, and Price said he had recently been "canvassing the constituents and given out hundreds of business cards."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back