News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If / when the next councillor / reporter or civilian gets bowled over, best advice is to go down, and stay down for the count.
If not truly hurt, just do the soccer thing. Roll around on the floor clutching a body part and groaning and hope that Ford is gets the red card.

At this point, *if* Rob Ford is perp-walked or hits some moment of finality, I'm seriously wondering if there'd be some big, cathatric Perestroika-like mass reaction (celebratory, I mean)

Or, if re-elected, a re-write of Sir Winston Churchill's "Iron Curtain" speech: "From Steeles to Lake Ontario, from Etobicoke Creek to the Rouge River, an "Iron Curtain" has descended across the city."

Thanks for that Trailer Park Boys reference. Funny and poignant. I don't know if you need to know Mr. Lahey to find it funny but man..! And talk about hitting the nail on the head.
From that article "Ford shrugged off Chow’s attacks and bragged that “this city is on fire†under his leadership."

The only thing on fire is Ford, as Mr. Lahey from Trailer park boys said ""He grew up as a little shit spark from the old shit flint then he turned into a shit bonfire and then, driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance, he turned into a raging shit firestorm."

You obviously don't following city politics very closely then do you?

As I clearly stated in my comment (without the verb tense confusion you exhibit in that quote), I've only recently started following city politics (I was much more immersed in national Canadian and American politics) and I think it was a terrible mistake to not start following it early. I know more about councillors and their history NOW, but as recently as last fall, apart from my own councillor, I knew only a few councillors by name. When Ford bowled over McConnell, I finally put a face and stature to a name I had just heard a few times.

Knowing more about local politics is good. I didn't (bad!) but am learning more (good!) Why the sneering at an honest description of my past ignorance which I am describing and criticizing, not boasting about?

Thanks for that Trailer Park Boys reference. Funny and poignant. I don't know if you need to know Mr. Lahey to find it funny but man..! And talk about hitting the nail on the head.

Mr. Lahey may have had his quirks and foibles, and a tendency towards "over refreshment" but, he was indeed a wise and learned man.

And if you'd been around here long enough, you'd know I see name-calling as proof of your weak position.

ok Rocky, give it a rest. You've made you're point.

You're the "Strong Guy", callin' BS wherever you see it: from condemning droopy-assed teenaged hiphoppers, to policing the sympathy levels of other posters on this thread.

From that article "Ford shrugged off Chow’s attacks and bragged that “this city is on fire†under his leadership."

The only thing on fire is Ford, as Mr. Lahey from Trailer park boys said ""He grew up as a little shit spark from the old shit flint then he turned into a shit bonfire and then, driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance, he turned into a raging shit firestorm."

The only thing on fire is his pants.

What's with the recent grumpiness/snarkiness? Are people getting anxious, just like Ford, because the hammer could drop any day?

We're all becoming unhinged, just like the Frod bros. :)

I missed this from a few days ago, but Sarah Thomson commissioned her own (self serving) Forum poll placing her above David Socknacki. Another strange aspect of the poll is Ford leads with 35% to Chow's 32%. I thought the most recent Forum poll from a week ago had Ford at 28%. Apart from the Thomson poll likely being tainted by her own self-serving questions, is there any other reason to explain this jump for Ford?

http://womenspost.ca/new-poll-places-sarah-thomson-above-soknacki-and-stintz-tory/

Regarding the snark around here in recent days, I think it's the lack of good stuff lately, like interesting news links, ITO hermeneutics, criminal spec, scoops. Jimmi T's good, MM appears to have switched to Twitter. I guess the thing to do is to come back here after something happens and in the meantime stop complaining.

I just personally find the Rob Ford ad hominem, whether positive or negative, a little boring.

At this point, *if* Rob Ford is perp-walked or hits some moment of finality, I'm seriously wondering if there'd be some big, cathatric Perestroika-like mass reaction (celebratory, I mean)

I'd be up for that.

If it got to the point where the cops were closing in on Ford and he was holed up in his office (in a non-violent scenario, not as in armed and barricaded ... don't want it to come to that), looking out the window at a huge crowd in NPS, clamouring for him to surrender, I'd want to witness that.

Knowing more about local politics is good. I didn't (bad!) but am learning more (good!) Why the sneering at an honest description of my past ignorance which I am describing and criticizing, not boasting about?
I was just commenting to my spouse that if there was one good thing about Ford, it was that it got us more interested and engaged in municipal politics. I previously only followed it by what was reported in the news. Did a bit of research and voted in elections, but that was about it. Of course, that was more than most of my co-workers, but I'm glad I have learned so much in the last couple of years.

I missed this from a few days ago, but Sarah Thomson commissioned her own (self serving) Forum poll placing her above David Socknacki. Another strange aspect of the poll is Ford leads with 35% to Chow's 32%. I thought the most recent Forum poll from a week ago had Ford at 28%. Apart from the Thomson poll likely being tainted by her own self-serving questions, is there any other reason to explain this jump for Ford?

http://womenspost.ca/new-poll-places-sarah-thomson-above-soknacki-and-stintz-tory/

"...Olivia Chow at 32.25% and Rob Ford cleaning up at 35.1%.
...with a margin of error plus or minus 3%."

Terribly poor editorial analysis on this...

"...Olivia Chow at 32.25% and Rob Ford cleaning up at 35.1%.
...with a margin of error plus or minus 3%."

Terribly poor editorial analysis on this...

And Ford of course polls well with "lower income earners" and those under the age of 34 - go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back