News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course and it would have been turned down - and he is far more accessible to the general public in an unsafeguarded manner, I might add.

AoF

To be fair, I think the same suggestion would have been made if the Premier or Prime Minister were receiving threats too
Alleged threats.

Remember Ford previously phoned 9-1-1 and lied that he was attacked in the dark by This Hour has 22 Minutes.

Given that this was one of his relatives at his house, and the media is reporting that he left the house peacefully and voluntarily (presumably being arrested later on), we'll have to see if the charges actually stick, of if the whole things was again exaggerated by our mayor, who does have a long history of lying.

And why taxpayers should be footing the bill for police protection from someone whose primary issues seem to be domestic, I don't know. Shame on Doug Ford for suggesting this - based on what he said, he already knew it was one of his relatives.

It will be interesting to hear Scott McIntyre's side of the story when the media interview him.

Of course and it would have been turned down - and he is far more accessible to the general public in an unsafeguarded manner, I might add.

AoF

Took the subway to work every day as a mayor should.

But I do think it is a positive development that the Ford brothers are getting slimban...errr...going on diets. Seriously, maybe if they are healthier they will be happier and less inclined to punish Torontonians.

I have to say that the public diet is an ingenious PR move. People love a good personal transformation story. Add in a public weigh in and a charity and there's a good chance that Ford won't be the biggest loser come next election. In today's shallow society, changing the Mayor sloppy look and giving him a makeover is Ford's best chance at improving his approval ratings.

It might not last long if he keeps making the kind of cuts we know we're getting but his handlers appear to be on to something. Brilliant move nonetheless. Clap clap Team Ford. Clap clap.

I have to say that the public diet is an ingenious PR move. People love a good personal transformation story. Add in a public weigh in and a charity and there's a good chance that Ford won't be the biggest loser come next election. In today's shallow society, changing the Mayor sloppy look and giving him a makeover is Ford's best chance at improving his approval ratings.

It might not last long if he keeps making the kind of cuts we know we're getting but his handlers appear to be on to something. Brilliant move nonetheless. Clap clap Team Ford. Clap clap.

Yeah, watch NOW photoshop Rob Ford's head onto this

lauren.jpg

I have to say that the public diet is an ingenious PR move. People love a good personal transformation story.

I'd be rooting for him if instead he said he was giving up drinking. Or baiting the poor and the gay community. Lots of stuff, really. Weight is way down the list.

I agree that it's a smart move, but I wouldn't go so far as saying it's ingenious. Makeovers are pretty standard when it comes to politicians -- think Preston Manning and Stephen Harper. Heck, even Charlie Angus got himself a spiffy new haircut when he went to Parliament Hill.

It should have been done a while ago, but it probably took them this long to convince Ford to go along with it.

The proof will be in the pudding though -- how much weight will he lose and how long will he keep it off? Will we see him jogging along the Waterfront Trail any time soon? Or joining a yoga class? (There's a couple of visuals :))

Alleged threats.

Remember Ford previously phoned 9-1-1 and lied that he was attacked in the dark by This Hour has 22 Minutes.

Given that this was one of his relatives at his house, and the media is reporting that he left the house peacefully and voluntarily (presumably being arrested later on), we'll have to see if the charges actually stick, of if the whole things was again exaggerated by our mayor, who does have a long history of lying.

And why taxpayers should be footing the bill for police protection from someone whose primary issues seem to be domestic, I don't know. Shame on Doug Ford for suggesting this - based on what he said, he already knew it was one of his relatives.

It will be interesting to hear Scott McIntyre's side of the story when the media interview him.

Yes, it's interesting how at first Bob & Doug made it seem like the intruder was a stranger, while all along they knew it was a family member. This is a family matter, not some random anti-Ford protester.

David Miller did the same thing - lose weight. Perhaps this is as close as Rob Ford emulating David Miller.

Let's see how well he does: "I need to cut the gravy from my diet." 3 months later, no weight loss. "Hmm, looks like there was no gravy"....

It appears City Hall may have a new Supreme Douchebag for this calendar year (though it's still early...)

Here's budget chief Mike Del Grande's fractured interpretation of Trudeau's famous "bedrooms" statement:

“The nation is not supposed to be in the bedrooms of the people. But then when you come out of the bedroom and you have children, why is it the state’s responsibility to look after your children? I didn’t tell you to wear a condom or not wear a condom or how many children — you made that decision.â€

So: if you were conceived in a Pontiac, or at a Lollapalooza, or on a secretary's desk, no worries, the state's got your back. But if you were conceived in a bedroom, then suck it up, kid, no free lunch for you!

Here's the link: http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhallpolitics/article/1114335--toronto-budget-mike-del-grande-s-candid-chat-about-social-programs

Del Grande sat on the Catholic school board. He has a Masters in Theological Studies. Good to see him advocating condom use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back