News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares. It's only libel if Ford sues, and there's no way in hell he could do that right now. It's also not libel if it's true. Call Sandro his drug dealer and nothing will happen.

Oh, how I wish that was true. I went through a libel lawsuit a while back. Every one of us on this forum could be slapped with a defamation lawsuit for the things we say here and although truth is a defense, it's up to the defendant to prove that something he said is true. It's not good enough that you believe it to be true and it's costs a lot of money, time and lost sleep to defend yourself.

There's always more to something than meets the eye and I don't believe for a moment that the candidates laid off Ford because they are incapable of being better debaters than him. Something else is at play here.

Really, you all think it's the cops' grand plan to smoke Ford out by leaking their plans to some guy on Twitter?

Last edited:
It could also be a way to flush out witnesses/co-conspirators. People panic when the heat is on. The mention of DECO in particular could be about finding someone doing some dirty work in their employ, like that Basso brother.

MM said last night that it could be 'a trap'. Or like I said earlier this morning, the cops could be waiting now to pounce on the Fords going to meet The Greek in a panic! :)

Last edited:
News is currently breaking regarding the gas plant story involving police search warrants. I wonder if the "chatter" MetroMan picked up in the last 48 hours was about that rather than Ford?

What the hell is "kitchen table common sense"?

Well, "common sense" became PC buzz-words back in the Mike Harris era, and implies the fallacy that a person can have a valuable opinion even in lieu of actual facts. "Kitchen table" is code for "Mother and family", which is what Karen Stintz wants people to think of when her name comes up. It's pretty dumb.

News is currently breaking regarding the gas plant story involving police search warrants. I wonder if the "chatter" MetroMan picked up in the last 48 hours was about that rather than Ford?

That would be very very sad news.

Also, I can't find where I read it, but I could have sworn I read that Chow was not invited to tonight's debate. It's being hosted by a right-wing fundraiser who pointedly did not invite her. Hope I'm not misremembering.

TorontoStar 11:27am via HootSuite
#Breaking Police allege Dalton McGuinty’s computers wiped of #gasplant info.

There's a line-up to the police station this week...

He was pretty specific about locations (Deco, home, City Hall) so probably not -- unless the locations weren't part of the original chatter. Basically, it's all just rumour and speculation at this point.

I can't imagine that if the TPS and/or OPP were hoping to find something in via a search warrant that they would leak it to someone known to post "intel" on Twitter. If they have a convoluted TV cop show-esque plan to trap Ford via fake insider information, I'd say they've been watching too much tv. :)

But who knows. And really, at the end of the day, all I care is that Ford is charged and convicted and stops the damage he is doing to the city I love.

And after this massive reversal, it seems that Rob is not a liar after all... :p

StrashinCBC 11:25am via Twitter for BlackBerry
City manager says Mayor Ford has achieved "923 million dollars in budget savings over the last 4 years." Release coming.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 2h
Arrest timing appears dependent on when ITO for warrant to search Ford's property is granted. Once executed, Ford's coming out in cuffs.

That would be very very sad news.

Also, I can't find where I read it, but I could have sworn I read that Chow was not invited to tonight's debate. It's being hosted by a right-wing fundraiser who pointedly did not invite her. Hope I'm not misremembering.

It's hosted by Ted Roger's School of Management at Ryerson, and Chow had to decline due another commitment.

I find you can tell when Ford has not been drinking or perhaps doing drugs (?). He talks more coherent, does not laugh things off, actually takes questions that are put to him. I thought it was just my imagination and then I have a friend who mentioned the same thing to me.

I can't help but return to the same sad thought re Ford's drinking. I'll bet his kids know when he's had just one beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back