News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "gravy train" urtext:

[video=youtube;6dDfr89eRd0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dDfr89eRd0[/video]

No cash is exchanged. If you don't use it, its will cost zero. Who paid for Rob's office supplies while a Councillor? Deco Labels? So only people who own businesses and where they can get their office supplies from, should be on city council?

The employees at stores get a discount on goods from that store. If they use it.

If MM is to be believed (and I think he is), my interpretation of the present state of affairs is this:

The police have gathered enough evidence to feel comfortable arresting Ford. They have forwarded the evidence to the AG. The AG is now trying to figure out how to protect high profile people from being tried in the city of public opinion. These are people who do not have sufficient evidence against them to pursue criminal charges, however could still strongly be implicated in the mess. The police are waiting for a phone call from the AG to pick Ford up. The police are anxious to get to Ford, thus leaking yesterday's info through MM to pressure the AG to hurry the eff up.

I can't shake the feeling walking around the city today that it is about the be collectively shaken to its core. We'll all be going through this together soon. It's an eerie feeling because it seems the vast majority have no idea what is coming so soon. It's like watching someone else obliviously get into a car with the ability to see that they are going to be in terrible crash. Yet there is nothing you can do about it. Unsettling.

The "gravy train" urtext:

<snipped vid.>

Well that was nearly factual....

Okay a little fact checking:
-the zoo pass is basically a family pass with the companion parking pass. This year, for one year, for both is $245.00
-the park pass will not get you into Provincial parks like Algonquin like he mentions, it'll get you into Kortright or Boyd Conservation area. You might want to hit one of those each year around this time for the Maple syrup festivals... 2 adults, 2 kids, and parking is $37.00 (you would have to pay extra for some syrup either way.)
-the golf, city courses are okay, but it's 4 green fee passes, no cart. Prime Saturday morning, that's $252.00
-Castle Loma, again with the family of four... $85.00 with parking
-CNE, again with the family of four... $70.00 with parking
-Metropass, currently $1470.00 / year
-Board of Trade membership, I'm not sure this one should even be negotiable, but anyway... (they are pretty coy about costs, but an individual, small business owner with only 1 or 2 employees is $475.00 (comes with a $200 credit for seminars and meet & greets.)
-the "green-P" parking is hard to pin down the value here, but lets go with the monthly rate at City Hall. $2880.00

So that's $5514 per councillor x 44 + the mayor(one that actually does any of these things with his family) = $248,130.00 TOTAL IF EVERYONE USES EVERYTHING. And he says this will save $20-30M BAHAHAHA
Ford Math, folks.

Last edited:
What is taking so long??? I've been obsessively checking in all weekend, believing Fords arrest could really been on the works. Hoping this talk of an imminent arrest isn't pure fantasy!

No cash is exchanged. If you don't use it, its will cost zero. Who paid for Rob's office supplies while a Councillor? Deco Labels? So only people who own businesses and where they can get their office supplies from, should be on city council?

The employees at stores get a discount on goods from that store. If they use it.

This also!
And, on the whole, I think it would do Councillors a fair bit of good being seen to be using some of these facilities. If the all had to ride in on the Yonge line every morning the relief line would have been built years ago...

I know, i'm wondering....Dale might be a bit too mild mannered. You need someone with a huge telegenic personality. LeDuff is great because not only is he smart as a whip but he is also a very engaging and aggressive personality. A segment would be great on TV, but even as a web series I think it would garner a lot of attention, especially if it is high energy, smart, professional, and right up in Ford's face. It would SO EASY for the right person to call them on their BS, and it would drive Doug out of his mind.

It would not be hard to beat the production values of their own Ford Nation 'show'. Which might conceivably drive him further round the bend, considering he probably believes they have the 'best production people in the country' working for them.

What is taking so long??? I've been obsessively checking in all weekend, believing Fords arrest could really been on the works. Hoping this talk of an imminent arrest isn't pure fantasy!

Based on exactly nothing at all other than a gut feeling, look for soon after the Council vote or deferral on the Island airport April 1st. Probably Wednesday. Anyone have April 2nd?

Hey all,
I had to close down my browser three times trying to read the forum here this afternoon because the posts with large photos and videos embedded are wreaking havoc on my browser and my system. I can't scroll through the forum at all. I can log in and post so long as I don't try to scroll through a whole page.

For those people posting images and photos unrelated to this thread, I'm asking nicely that you consider linking to them, rather than embedding them. There are some of us who are using (slightly) older systems and will not be able to read or participate.

For those people posting images and photos unrelated to this thread, I'm asking nicely that you consider linking to them, rather than embedding them.

I removed mine. My apologies, I should have known better. I thought they would show as "thumbnails" only.

Hey all,
I had to close down my browser three times trying to read the forum here this afternoon because the posts with large photos and videos embedded are wreaking havoc on my browser and my system. I can't scroll through the forum at all. I can log in and post so long as I don't try to scroll through a whole page.

For those people posting images and photos unrelated to this thread, I'm asking nicely that you consider linking to them, rather than embedding them. There are some of us who are using (slightly) older systems and will not be able to read or participate.

As to, maybe a MOD could strip vids from the copy parts of reply w/ quote posts for the last page or two I've been snipping them out of mine, today but I've noticed the page slowing down, like it's about to crash again...

I removed mine. My apologies, I should have known better. I thought they would show as "thumbnails" only.
Thank you Casita. I haven't been able to see what's been talked about the past few days. It's frustrating because I'm hooked on seeing what's new. :)

I had to close down my browser three times trying to read the forum here this afternoon ...
not sure whether it's related to your issue, but browser slowdowns often occur when the browser's cache is almost full

may i recommend using something like piriform's ccleaner periodically -- one nice benefit of this free program is that you can identify which cookies you want to keep (e.g. UT's) so that after cleaning your system, you don't have to log in again to your favourite sites

As to, maybe a MOD could strip vids from the copy parts of reply w/ quote posts for the last page or two I've been snipping them out of mine, today but I've noticed the page slowing down, like it's about to crash again...

Still on dial-up?

You might try changing your General Settings on Urban Toronto to lower settings? I have set my Number of Posts Per Page to 40, you might try 5 Posts Per Page. Experiment with other settings to see if they help.

If your computer can't handle it, something is wrong with your computer. Anything made within the last decade should have no problem rendering the page, even with lots of Flash Player embeds. It's not like the video starts buffering before you click Play. If your computer is truly that ancient, you could try installing a browser extension that blocks plugins from automatically loading, like ClickToPlugin or ClickToFlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back