News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which, has there been a recent episode of Ford Nation? I think the last one was two or three weeks ago. Hardly surprising, but maybe another indication that they've "checked out", knowing an arrest is in the works...?

Perhaps the people doing the work on it for them are suffering from low motivation, given the piddling (in YouTube terms) number of views.

Well that was nearly factual....

Okay a little fact checking:
-the zoo pass is basically a family pass with the companion parking pass. This year, for one year, for both is $245.00
-the park pass will not get you into Provincial parks like Algonquin like he mentions, it'll get you into Kortright or Boyd Conservation area. You might want to hit one of those each year around this time for the Maple syrup festivals... 2 adults, 2 kids, and parking is $37.00 (you would have to pay extra for some syrup either way.)
-the golf, city courses are okay, but it's 4 green fee passes, no cart. Prime Saturday morning, that's $252.00
-Castle Loma, again with the family of four... $85.00 with parking
-CNE, again with the family of four... $70.00 with parking
-Metropass, currently $1470.00 / year
-Board of Trade membership, I'm not sure this one should even be negotiable, but anyway... (they are pretty coy about costs, but an individual, small business owner with only 1 or 2 employees is $475.00 (comes with a $200 credit for seminars and meet & greets.)
-the "green-P" parking is hard to pin down the value here, but lets go with the monthly rate at City Hall. $2880.00

So that's $5514 per councillor x 44 + the mayor(one that actually does any of these things with his family) = $248,130.00 TOTAL IF EVERYONE USES EVERYTHING. And he says this will save $20-30M BAHAHAHA
Ford Math, folks.

It doesn't even add up to that if everyone uses everything. It only adds up to that if everyone was going to pay for all of those things if they didn't get them for free. I'd say the actual cost is closer to 5-10% of his number.

When I don't log in, I don't see any of the images or videos etc. That might help you peruse the forum. :)

I would rather be signed in since it will take me to the latest post in the thread instead of going to the last page and then paging back to find it. Besides that, I have a new smartphone and the bandwidth it eats in comparison to my old one is unreal. I'd rather not have to see all these pics that don't really add anything to the conversation.

It doesn't even add up to that if everyone uses everything. It only adds up to that if everyone was going to pay for all of those things if they didn't get them for free. I'd say the actual cost is closer to 5-10% of his number.

$248k (my number) is already in the ballpark of 1% of the $20-30M he claimed. It would likely be lower, and actually a lot lower, (four extra patrons wont actually cost any facility anything extra, the parking lots if not full have no lost income, etc.) I was merely pointing out how totally out of whack RoFo's numbers were using a theoretical maximum based on the cost of these things if John Q Public was buying these passes at full price.

Plus the "Free" patrons may buy food, merchandise etc... and tell their friends or constituents about their visit which will encourage them to go as well

I would rather be signed in since it will take me to the latest post in the thread instead of going to the last page and then paging back to find it. Besides that, I have a new smartphone and the bandwidth it eats in comparison to my old one is unreal. I'd rather not have to see all these pics that don't really add anything to the conversation.

This whole thread is speculation though. And it could be that everything adds to the conversation in some regard.

Regarding the posts earlier today, speculating what Toronto will be like if Ford wins again is a valid topic of conversation when there is not much news, to my perspective. I think we need to take the good with the bad. Talking about 70s music is not my cup of tea. The incredibly detailed computer posts that we have had here don't really interest me. But as long as people are polite and not trolling, I don't mind them.

I do understand the concern about bandwidth, but I like the videos and pics posted here. There is a lot of humour there which helps during the slow times.

I guess this could be a larger discussion about how we want to use this thread, and providing options for those who check it mostly on their phone, versus computer.

Having your own radio or TV show is fun and easy when all you have to do is drop in 15 minutes ahead of time because somebody else is taking care of everything and paying all the bills. But producing your own, well that takes a some effort to plan out. The camera man and editor actually expect to get paid, even if Rob can't make it in for some unknown reason.

The most popular episode seems to be when Doug complains about Kevin Spacey. People just want to hear the insult for themselves.

The reality is, they only need one 5 minute episode to go through their slogans.

Having your own radio or TV show is fun and easy when all you have to do is drop in 15 minutes ahead of time because somebody else is taking care of everything and paying all the bills. But producing your own, well that takes a some effort to plan out. The camera man and editor actually expect to get paid, even if Rob can't make it in for some unknown reason.

The most popular episode seems to be when Doug complains about Kevin Spacey. People just want to hear the insult for themselves.

The reality is, they only need one 5 minute episode to go through their slogans.
Actually 2 - 3 minutes should do it. That's why they haven't bothered with another episode, they don't have anything to say that they haven't said before, over and over and over again.

Actually 2 - 3 minutes should do it. That's why they haven't bothered with another episode, they don't have anything to say that they haven't said before, over and over and over again.

But-but-but Jimmy Kimmel said he'd appear on the show via Skype!!! Soon!

Regarding images. I have deleted any that I attached to my posts.

From the FAQ:

"How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed."

Is that what we are supposed to do on this thread, or is there a better way, or should we not attach images to our posts?

Last edited:
This whole thread is speculation though. And it could be that everything adds to the conversation in some regard.

Regarding the posts earlier today, speculating what Toronto will be like if Ford wins again is a valid topic of conversation when there is not much news, to my perspective. I think we need to take the good with the bad. Talking about 70s music is not my cup of tea. The incredibly detailed computer posts that we have had here don't really interest me. But as long as people are polite and not trolling, I don't mind them.

I do understand the concern about bandwidth, but I like the videos and pics posted here. There is a lot of humour there which helps during the slow times.

I guess this could be a larger discussion about how we want to use this thread, and providing options for those who check it mostly on their phone, versus computer.

This is pretty much how I feel about the digressions here. I enjoy most of them. If I'm too busy or not interested, I scroll past, it only takes a few seconds.

I've also never experienced any issues with the handful of images or embedded video on here, with my 3+ year old laptop, while having 30 other tabs open. I've seen the page not load a few times, but generally if I refresh once or twice, it comes back and it loads fine. I've always assumed it was the UT servers. I used to frequent another forum that used vBulletin, and they had a rule that when threads got to 1,000 pages, they were archived in a place that was accessible to everyone, and a new continuation thread was opened. Maybe that's a solution?

Regarding security.

Rob Ford's relationship with TPS appears to be somewhat strained at the moment.

Assuming he remains a candidate, I wonder if he will request a TPS security detail?

This would make asking him questions - except in situations he feels comfortable in - much more difficult for the media than it already is.

On the other hand, he might not always welcome a TPS presence.

I imagine it would be a challenging assignment for an officer(s).

Opinions?

Last edited:
Just...ugghh. My reaction is quite visceral.

soknackisunday.jpg

Attachments

• soknackisunday.jpg
    soknackisunday.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 733
Regarding images. I have deleted any that I attached to my posts.

From the FAQ:

"How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed."

Is that what we are supposed to do on this thread, or is there a better way, or should we not attach images to our posts?

UT is a VERY image based forum, so i am finding this whole discussion rather strange. Maybe because this thread is mostly made up of newer people who don't venture to other parts of the site? In any case, i really wouldn't worry about putting up images here--it's hardly out of control. The untold thousands of photos that have been posted as updates in the Project and Construction threads are a key part of the forum's appeal and success. And in the uh, "City Photos and Videos" section one finds a whole other cache of thousands upon thousands of photos, both contemporary and archival.
Also, at least 90% of the photos posted on the site come via photo hosting websites like Photobucket.
Anyway, the point is the photos and vids posted on this thread are but a tiny blip.
And with that, have a drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back