News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely leave this thread but this weekend has been full of images and videos for some reason. I don't want to use up my bandwidth on my phone/iPad because everyone is suddenly image crazy. It's not usually like this in this thread.

UT is a VERY image based forum, so i am finding this whole discussion rather strange. Maybe because this thread is mostly made up of newer people who don't venture to other parts of the site? In any case, i really wouldn't worry about putting up images here--it's hardly out of control. The untold thousands of photos that have been posted as updates in the Project and Construction threads are a key part of the forum's appeal and success. And in the uh, "City Photos and Videos" section one finds a whole other cache of thousands upon thousands of photos, both contemporary and archival.
Also, at least 90% of the photos posted on the site come via photo hosting websites like Photobucket.
Anyway, the point is the photos and vids posted on this thread are but a tiny blip.
And with that, have a drink:

Regarding security.

Rob Ford's relationship with TPS appears to be somewhat strained at the moment.

But, I would not be surprised, assuming he remains a candidate, if he requests and receives a TPS security detail.

This would make asking him questions - except in situations he feels comfortable in - much more difficult for the media than it already is.

On the other hand, he might not always welcome a TPS presence.

I imagine it would be a challenging assignment for an officer(s).

Opinions?

I tend to fear and distrust the police, but I'd be a lot more comfortable questioning Ford in an Officer's presence than I would in the presence of a steroid abusing, heckler photographing bodyguard/driver.

I tend to fear and distrust the police, but I'd be a lot more comfortable questioning Ford in an Officer's presence than I would in the presence of a steroid abusing, heckler photographing bodyguard/driver.

Good point. Unlike a "staffer", a TPS security detail would serve "without fear or favour" of the protectee.

Scandal, scandal ... everywhere...
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/30/scandal-scandal--everywhere?token=3c828115db99f2c8ae03dcb7a7b8372b

if our politicians are wondering why the public is becoming more and more disillusioned with them, and why a declining number of voters care about anything they have to say, a good place to start looking for answers would be in the mirror.

Thinking to earlier in the thread, with it's recollections of High Presbyterian Toronto, it's amazing how that moral dudgeon still echoes through the Sun. I couldn't figure out strike-through formatting, or I would have fixed the quote for Goldstein.

Colour me clueless, but explain why Soknacki being at this event is a bad thing (? Never heard of it).

UT is a VERY image based forum, so i am finding this whole discussion rather strange. Maybe because this thread is mostly made up of newer people who don't venture to other parts of the site? In any case, i really wouldn't worry about putting up images here--it's hardly out of control. The untold thousands of photos that have been posted as updates in the Project and Construction threads are a key part of the forum's appeal and success. And in the uh, "City Photos and Videos" section one finds a whole other cache of thousands upon thousands of photos, both contemporary and archival.
Also, at least 90% of the photos posted on the site come via photo hosting websites like Photobucket.
Anyway, the point is the photos and vids posted on this thread are but a tiny blip.
And with that, have a drink:

Wow, he looks like he's about to burst a few blood vessels. He is not healthy!! Do you know when this pic was taken?

Colour me clueless, but explain why Soknacki being at this event is a bad thing (? Never heard of it).

Bolton was a principal neo-con architect of the Iraq war, and cold-blooded, conniving neo-cons are much more fearsome than blundering, dunder-headed populist conservatives.

*blushes*
I don't use twitter, and in fact only learned about hashtag topoli through this thread. I'm following it through some site called whotalking.

Wow, he looks like he's about to burst a few blood vessels. He is not healthy!! Do you know when this pic was taken?

Not sure, it was around the time he was on his "health kick", when he was making a big spectacle of himself, slurping up big glasses of milk, with vaudevillian lip-smacks etc.

So it is post crack confession, post Come to Jesus, possibly before Steak Queen and the Murder Rant, and before he "officially" went back to being a pathetic and aggressive alcoholic.

Where does that put us? In January sometime I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back