News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characterizing this as "a big push" seems a bit excessive.

Today there was a vote to accept a staff report to allow the city to begin a negotiation that, in a year, will result in another vote.

This is hardly being rushed.
But Porter needed more of a definitive answer didn't they? They have to order the whispering jets before May or something like that.

All true

My point was that Ford should fear her. She can ruin him. If she went all Tiger Woods' wife and finally called the last straw then I can understand the fear in Ford's eyes. She has her parents, isn't powerful, never wanted to be. Whatever Renata might lose, Ford and his thug family would lose more.

Difference is that Tiger's wife didn't have a closet full of skeletons herself. She had nothing that was beyond reproach. That is not the case here. To the extent and degree, that I have been told, again, pass the salt shaker but I am inclined to believe a bottom feeder that hangs around the house before I completely dismiss it.

And for her to be of any value, she would have to have been and be lucid and I personally believe they are thick as thieves so again, she stands to lose more than gain. Not really but try to explain that to a co-dependent alcoholic.

Difference is that Tiger's wife didn't have a closet full of skeletons herself. She had nothing that was beyond reproach. That is not the case here. To the extent and degree, I have been told, again, pass the salt shaker but I am inclined to believe a bottom feeder that hangs around the house before I completely dismiss it.

And for her to be of any value, she would have to have been and be lucid and I personally believe they are thick as thieves so again, she stands to lose more than gain. Not really but try to explain that to a co-dependent alcoholic.
Is she only an alcoholic, or does she indulge in other substances like Robbie?

Characterizing this as "a big push" seems a bit excessive.

Today there was a vote to accept a staff report to allow the city to begin a negotiation that, in a year, will result in another vote.

This is hardly being rushed.

Big push by Deluce, the Ford bros and Norm. RoFo wanted immediate approval. Some councillors were complaining about over the top lobbying by Porter. Fortunately saner minds prevailed at Council.

Last edited:
Apparently Renata's vehicle had a breathalyzer starter and asked the neighbour to blow on her behalf to start it.

I don't think it's that simple:

"Once the vehicle is started, the interlock device requires the driver to provide breath samples at random pre-set times while the engine is running. If a sample is not provided, or if the BAC exceeds the limit, the device will issue a warning, record the event and activate specific alarm systems (e.g., lights flashing, horn honking, etc.), until the ignition is turned off."
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/interlock.shtml

If he flew jets out of Pearson, he'd be wiped out. BBA is the raison d'être for Porter. I am guessing the present passenger volume with the turboprops is losing money. The jets are his Hail Mary play. But he needs to fly them out of BBA. Hence this big push. Waterfront be damned.
So the city is supposed to sacrifice it's waterfront to a business that doesn't make money?

I've done some reading about Porter. They make money by flying fuel economical planes, and they don't make much.

If Porter being forced to Pearson kills their margin then they really shouldn't exist.

Anyone else remember City Express?

Last edited:
Is she only an alcoholic, or does she indulge in other substances like Robbie?

I can not with any certainty say yes or no but that is definitely something that would be brought up. I do not know if it is past or present tense. That is something I wanted to bring up again to clarify.

FWIW, I recall a reddit post back in November by someone who claimed to be a neighbour. Apparently Renata's vehicle had a breathalyzer starter and asked the neighbour to blow on her behalf to start it. Her excuse? She had a cold. Worst part? Her daughter was in the car.

Can't find the post now, but I recall it quite clearly.

Ignition Interlock devices not only need to take a sample before starting, but at random times when you're driving as well. If you don't breathe in when it asks, it'll do something unpleasant until you turn the car off.

So, while it's not impossible, it's unlikely that anyone with a device like that gets people to breathe for them.

E:f;b (damn you to hell casita)

Ignition Interlock devices not only need to take a sample before starting, but at random times when you're driving as well. If you don't breathe in when it asks, it'll do something unpleasant until you turn the car off.

So, while it's not impossible, it's unlikely that anyone with a device like that gets people to breathe for them.

E:f;b (damn you to hell casita)

I have never known anyone with one so would have no idea how they work but let's say for a short time like to the store or for fun, the gas station down the street, would it necessarily go off?

I don't think it's that simple:

"Once the vehicle is started, the interlock device requires the driver to provide breath samples at random pre-set times while the engine is running. If a sample is not provided, or if the BAC exceeds the limit, the device will issue a warning, record the event and activate specific alarm systems (e.g., lights flashing, horn honking, etc.), until the ignition is turned off."

I guess that's why it's handy to travel with a kid.

leanin said his/her friend told him/her that Renata was a raging alkie.

Several times. It was part of the first conversation we had last year when this all came to light. I pointedly asked what his wife/family had to say and why aren't they doing anything and the answer was his wife is as bad as him. That tune hasn't changed so I am pretty sure she is.

I have never known anyone with one so would have no idea how they work but let's say for a short time like to the store or for fun, the gas station down the street, would it necessarily go off?

How does an ignition interlock device work?

Before starting the vehicle, a driver must blow into the device. If the driver's blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is above the pre-set limit, the vehicle will not start.

Once the vehicle is started, the interlock device requires the driver to provide breath samples at random pre-set times while the engine is running. If a sample is not provided, or if the BAC exceeds the limit, the device will issue a warning, record the event and activate specific alarm systems (e.g., lights flashing, horn honking, etc.), until the ignition is turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back