News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so amused by everyone in the thread a few pages back saying "beckon call". What the hell is *that*? You're likely older than me, how have you gone your entire lives without getting corrected on that?? Heheheh. I am amused. It's "beck and call".

shining.jpg

Attachments

• shining.jpg
    shining.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 939
I am so amused by everyone in the thread a few pages back saying "beckon call". What the hell is *that*? You're likely older than me, how have you gone your entire lives without getting corrected on that?? Heheheh. I am amused. It's "beck and call".
It's like you to hone in on such a thing, but for all intensive purposes, it takes two to tangle. So why don't you rain it in.

After reading about Rob's shenanigans last night, it's obvious that Rob can't/won't be re-elected. The people that have the most to lose from Rob's antics are the Conservatives; municipal, provincial and federal. Conservative money has moved from Rob to other right leaning candidates, and while they may be pulling strings re his arrest to save they own backsides, they can't afford the fallout if he survives politically. Rob cannot be the mascot for the Conservatives. It'll be interesting to see the way this plays out, either way Rob and/or the Conservatives are in trouble.

When I look at the videos from last night, it’s classic imagery of fixation on “what I need next.” There might as well have been no game going on, or chanting fans surrounding him as he argues loudly, because I he never looked up. He wanted to get into that VIP club because he needed something. He took that cab, then went to the club, oblivious to everything except that need to feed his tortured soul. Any reasonable man would have said, “I’m not having any fun. I’m heading home.” Sad.

Wow, I wake up to such interesting news! UT is helping fight crime!
When it comes time for the movie/mini series to be made, the interactive element of the internet needs to be included.

I really like how Don Peat woke up this morning

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 29m
Good morning #Toronto

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 28m
(Reads tweets about Rob Ford from last night) Oh boy #TOpoli #RobFord #Leafs

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 23m
"I experienced the life of Rob Ford" Budget Chief Frank Di Giorgio on @CP24 right now on what happened at the ACC last night #TOpoli

When I look at the videos from last night, it’s classic imagery of fixation on “what I need next.†There might as well have been no game going on, or chanting fans surrounding him as he argues loudly, because I he never looked up. He wanted to get into that VIP club because he needed something. He took that cab, then went to the club, oblivious to everything except that need to feed his tortured soul. Any reasonable man would have said, “I’m not having any fun. I’m heading home.†Sad.

That's his biggest problem, he doesn't want to go home. In fact, I'm sure he thinks of it as just a house, not a home. No parties there, just boring/complaining wife and kids, no adoring fans. Maybe when the kids are older and can party with him, he might be interested, but until then, he just goes home to change clothes. After these benders, I suspect Renata doesn't want him to come home. Can't blame her.

Lorrie Goldstein sent out a tweet with links to the Star's story and Warmington's, saying they are 2 versions of the same event. As part of my no-Warmington-links policy I'll just let UT readers know that his spin is that we didn't get a Stanley Cup parade but we did get a ROB FORD PARADE after the game, and that's great too.

Someone should tell Goldstein (who I think knows better) there is only one version of the truth, and 1000s of people saw it last night. You can't watch that video and think it's a sober man, nor does the fact he got shoved into a cab at 2 a.m. when his car was in the City Hall garage. If Warmington can wrangle some money out of the mayor's very-limited budget and go on the payroll, good for him.

There is no excuse for the Sun still employing him at this point. He's just the guy Ford calls when he's done some crap and wants to get his message out and Warmington will take the call and spin it whether it's coming from Vancouver at 5 a.m. or downtown at midnight. Anything to get Rob one step closer to the grave and/or rele-ection.

Do we know how long he was at city hall for? Was he alone there? (I thought I read people got in the cab at the ACC with him) Do we know where he went after Muzik?

I'd love to know what phone calls he made while he was at his office.

Given how many times he's been drunk at City Hall (amongst other rumours, including drugs, prostitution, harassing security guards, etc.) can Council not revoke his pass and forbid him to be there after hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back