News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is really unsettling about that story, and the closest I can come to putting a finger on it is that it brings Renata into it, to a degree that's never been done before. I have to wonder why she's suddenly off limits, when Toronto media had been fairly respectful of her status as a private citizen up till now. I'm not generally one for wild speculation, but I wonder if she has given the okay for them to run the story. It's the only thing that I can think of that makes sense.

Ammo for a custody battle?

The more of an a-hole Ford appears in public, the easier her custody case for the kids will be.

That's my general thinking. Also a bit of revenge, which may include whether Rob has any unsupervised access to the kids after a break-up. This possibility also adds a layer to what might be behind the rehab strategy.

My wild guess is that Renata AND Beyer are in on it.

•Beyer would have been trusted at some point, given his actions in the ITOs. He may have been recording shits/fans meeting for sometime as "protection" from the murderous-sounding RoFo.

•Renata truly has to hate the guy. He has humiliated her, her children and family continuously AND fucks around.
The fucking around would be enough to set off a "normal" person, let alone someone orbiting that close to this clusterfuck.

Please note the dots, folks. I'm not perfect, there are more
100% guaranteed.

Renata as a source, or giving a key interview, after years of hiding away from the public eye? I don't see it. Assuming she's an abused women, whether physically or mentally or both, she would be living permanently somewhere on the spectrum that runs from fear to terror every time Sir Oafs-a-lot sticks his big ugly head round the door. She would be in danger of her life if he found out. He's been reported lately to have smacked both BB and Lisi around - these are his best buds. In one of these rages, he would be capable of killing her. She has other ways of getting a good settlement and keeping custody of her kids (if that's what she wants).

Of course, this was early March and much has happened since then. If Renata truly has moved out, and/or Rob's tucked away in rehab, she might be more likely to speak going forward.

Meh. Labels? Printing? Potential environmental nightmare, especially for a company that's been in the same spot for over 40 years. I wonder if any soil and groundwater investigations have ever been conducted onsite?

Yeah, I'm aware of that incident which I always thought was kind of amusing in that the Brothers Ford stepped in (as Mayor and uh, Spare, not business associates, no siree) to guide their friends at Apollo through the Toronto Sewer-Use By-Laws like they're babes in the woods and would never have encountered such a thing during their years in business in York Region. I didn't consider this incident (the spill) much of anything at the time, much like head water guy DiGironimo says; they tend to work with violators and help them fix the problem rather than charging them initially. Was the effluent spill intentional or a mistake? Hard to tell from the article, but if the City can trace the effluent back through 5 km of sewer pipe, then a) hopefully the problem/incident has been addressed; b) man that must have been a lot of foamy effluent to be traced back 5 km, and c) if that was intentional, then these guys are not too bright. That said, if they were able to run a successful business in Vaughan, they should be able to run the same in Toronto.

My concern with Deco was based on the duration of the company in one location and the nature of the printing business itself. While the printing industry has changed over the past few years with more companies relying on the use of water-based versus solvent-based inks, equipment upgrades and better hazardous waste management handling choices, those companies that have endured for decades may have changed with the times, but the potential for relic contamination is quite high. If there's never been a soil and groundwater investigation done on site, there may be a rude awakening if one day the properties are up for sale or refinancing of the properties is sought (<donning tinfoil> assuming any uh "alternative" financing has dried up). An environmental investigation such as this would likely be recommended at that time by a legitimate lender.

Can you imagine how many interesting taped phone conversations Joe has with Rob?

Too little too late Doug. Lol.

Agreed. Trying to pretend he 'tells it like it is' is pretty spurious. He smells a sinking ship and is trying to find a life preserver. Let's hope no one gives him one.

Nah, he's mad. He's done this before. He gets angry, he spends a couple of days actually reporting on them, and then they bring him back in the fold and he's back to being their mouth piece. He's as delusional about Rob's chances as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back