News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford thinks he's a gangsta, of course he has a gun. I remember a few months ago someone on twitter was referring to the handgun that Ford owns. I can't remember who it was on twitter, but I think i posted something on here about it. Of course, at the time, we thought it was CRAZY TALK, but now we know better.

'Thinks' being the key word. I still maintain that any serious organised crime group would have nothing to do with this walking liability. He'd have been put in his place very soon after acting up.

I wonder if this might be relevant.

"New Rules" from last night on Bill Maher.

Starting from 2:15 onward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUhTqFGa4iA

Free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence, and it doesn't apply to private matters. Sterling's business partners don't want to do business with him any more and there is an exit plan in the contracts he signed. He's just going to have to live with the consequences of his actions.

As for Ford, the State didn't leak anything other than what was legally reviewed and released by a judge. And if you can't trust your own friends in your own home then maybe you need to re-evaluate your life. No sympathy here.

Or that cops protect power and status, no matter how deserved that power and status is.

As someone who has been wrongfully arrested, bootfucked, and searched without probable cause, I'm rather open to accepting this theory in light of what Robert has been able to get away with.

Ford thinks he's a gangsta, of course he has a gun. I remember a few months ago someone on twitter was referring to the handgun that Ford owns. I can't remember who it was on twitter, but I think i posted something on here about it. Of course, at the time, we thought it was CRAZY TALK, but now we know better.

As long as he has to keep it in an ankle holster, we'll have at least a 5 minute head start if anything goes down.

As long as he has to keep it in an ankle holster, we'll have at least a 5 minute head start if anything goes down.

Heh, heh, heh. I can see it now: "At the scene of the shoot-out, Mayor Ford's stomach arrived approximately at 5:03 pm, followed several minutes later by the Mayor himself."

"Ford’s wife Renata is on the couch, a tired lounger that has been described to the Star by paramedics and firefighters who have attended calls at the house over the past two years."

I don't know about the firefighters, but I'm surprised the Star managed to get even a description of the furniture from the paramedics.

I feel sorry for Mrs. Ford that the Star felt it necessary to print that ( about her marriage ). I guess they're just doing their job, but what a way to sell papers.

I see what you're saying, but the Star only has these things to print because Rob Ford actually said them! That's the part that's truly shocking. This idea that he's some goofy lovable oaf needs to be put to bed.

That's why I'm seriously annoyed that Donovan held back on the "worst stuff published yet"...by not publishing it. People need to know what the mayor really says and thinks, no matter how crude.

"Paramedics and firefighters" rather than police .. implies several emergency medical situations, such as ODs.

My one experience of calling 911 is that all emergency services get sent. I specified it was a medical emergency, but firefighters, paramedics and police all showed up (and in that order).

The Fords call 911 a lot.

I see what you're saying, but the Star only has these things to print because Rob Ford actually said them! That's the part that's truly shocking. This idea that he's some goofy lovable oaf needs to be put to bed.

That's why I'm seriously annoyed that Donovan held back on the "worst stuff published yet"...by not publishing it. People need to know what the mayor really says and thinks, no matter how crude.

Something is really unsettling about that story, and the closest I can come to putting a finger on it is that it brings Renata into it, to a degree that's never been done before. I have to wonder why she's suddenly off limits, when Toronto media had been fairly respectful of her status as a private citizen up till now. I'm not generally one for wild speculation, but I wonder if she has given the okay for them to run the story. It's the only thing that I can think of that makes sense.

In my experience, any calls about medical emergencies involving illegal drugs other than marijuana have a cop showing up.

Something is really unsettling about that story, and the closest I can come to putting a finger on it is that it brings Renata into it, to a degree that's never been done before. I have to wonder why she's suddenly off limits, when Toronto media had been fairly respectful of her status as a private citizen up till now. I'm not generally one for wild speculation, but I wonder if she has given the okay for them to run the story. It's the only thing that I can think of that makes sense.

I agree with that. That's what was the hardest to swallow about that story for me. What Rob Ford did was so embarrassing, but it seems like she's desensitized to it now from the way the story describes her reaction. Rob has used her as a political prop, the "more than enough to eat at home". She's probably been dealing with him cheating and people knowing (and whispering about) he's cheating for years. They are obviously not a couple in love, but still embarrassing. But maybe she's really just sick of the way he treats her, and decided to let the cat out of the bag.

Apologies if this has already been posted. ( UT can be a fast moving river! )

"Before yesterday’s disclosure, word had already been making its way around political circles that the Fords had been hatching a plan to keep Rob in rehab – or at least out of the spotlight – until September and wheel out a new and improved mayor a month before the vote.

In this way Ford wouldn’t have to bother with the rigours of a campaign – or policy questions that come with it – leaving the path clear to ride that redemption story to victory. Yup, just another media strategy by the Fords to distort the truth for the masses.
http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=197952

That would be a great Ford strategy, probably the only one that might work. But can anyone here imagine those two attention-seekers laying low for more than a few weeks?

It should have been nothing but dead air since the day Ford left for rehab; instead it's been pretty much non-stop!

Btw, the NOW article refers to "alleged jailhouse enforcer Bruno Bellissimo"....anyone know what this is referring to? What jailhouse enforcement has been alleged?

That would be a great Ford strategy, probably the only one that might work. But can anyone here imagine those two attention-seekers laying low for more than a few weeks?

It should have been nothing but dead air since the day Ford left for rehab; instead it's been pretty much non-stop!

Btw, the NOW article refers to "alleged jailhouse enforcer Bruno Bellissimo"....anyone know what this is referring to? What jailhouse enforcement has been alleged?

I believe the Scott McIntyre beat down. Wasn't Bruno also the guy that Ford tried to visit in jail after hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back