News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to tell what Rob Ford would be like if he was sober for any length of time. If he wasn't in pursuit of drugs, it's unlikely he wouldn't know gang members at all or have criminal friends like Lisi.
One brother has been arrested like 17 times, the other is known throughout Etobicoke to have been a teen drug dealer and the sister was shot in the face in the family basement. The father of her children is a murderer. All this despite having wealthy upbringings. Rob Ford shows know signs of thought or empathy at times we might believe him to be sober.

It's entirely possible that Renata was involved in the Star's latest story. I got that vibe off it, too. Maybe not as a key source, but perhaps she confirmed some details. Or maybe she gave a full interview to Donovan. Who knows? Either way, she has a boatload of reasons for wanting to do some damage to Rob. Whether she's acting on them, I don't think we'll ever know.

I said it last night when the story first popped up. Renata has many good reason to confirm details at the very least, or even be an informant. Hell hath no fury ...

Can't understand why any woman would want to see that man naked ... Ever. Much less allow him to have sex with her. The thought is just gross and vomit inducing at best.

Last edited:
I just know what I read in the papers, but it reminds me of what Walter Winchell used to say, "I usually get my stuff from people who promised somebody else that they would keep it a secret".

Some of these terms the clown likes to toss out in his efforts to be "the most racist guy around" like k__e or d_go (as the Star prints them) seem to my ears to be from the 50's, from before Ford was born. Doug Sr. must have used them around the house a lot, or the white supremacist friends of Kathy in the basement liked variety in their slurs.

The Ford family racist connections make me wonder whether any of them ever crossed paths with Operation Red Dog / Bayou of Pigs characters. The idiocy is very similar... http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2008/10/26/the_scum_of_the_earth_board_the_ship_of_fools.html

Maybe Toronto became the Dominica dream! :)

From the Globe's "I Was A Teenage Dealer" Doug Ford story:

But even before that, there was gunplay – and it was fatal. Seven years earlier, Ms. Ford’s lover was fatally shot by her ex-husband, a drug addict named Ennio Stirpe. At his trial, Mr. Stirpe testified that his victim, Michael Kiklas, was a martial artist, which forced him to bring along the shotgun as “an equalizer.”

Not mentioned in the press at the time was the fact that Mr. Kiklas was a white supremacist – a group with which Ms. Ford associated in the 1980s.

Her friends included Gary MacFarlane, a founding member of the short-lived Canadian chapter of the Ku Klux Klan, as well as the late Wolfgang Droege, perhaps the most notorious white supremacist in Canadian history, a former Klansman told The Globe in an interview. Two other former associates of Ms. Ford confirmed her association with known white supremacists.

Among Mr. Droege’s numerous criminal endeavours, he also sold cocaine and marijuana, which led to his death in 2005 when he was killed by a customer. Mr. Droege was incarcerated for much of the 1980s in U.S. prisons – both for drug trafficking and for his role in a bizarre plot to overthrow the government of Dominica in the Caribbean.

The former Klansman, who agreed to answer questions by e-mail on condition of anonymity, confirmed that Kathy Ford was close to the movement, but he said he couldn’t recall meeting any of the Ford brothers. He described hanging out in the Fords’ basement and being snubbed by Doug Sr. when Ms. Ford invited him to a party on the family boat. Her father, the former Klansman said, clearly did not approve of his beliefs, while she was engaging and fun but hardly a committed soldier in the race war.

Last edited:
I am wondering if the $500,000 also includes lost advertising sales (instead of just subscription revenues) since Cooke's quote refers to lost business. Meaning the number of actual lost subscriptions just makes up a portion of the $500K.

Makes me wonder if just generically, there's a brand of advertiser that'd rather newspapers be "apolitical"; i.e. more along the lines of Metroland publications than the Star, where the news plays second fiddle to the flyers for No Frills and Freshco...

Actually, I've been wondering if this little saga will have a violent finish, myself. And not necessarily one that involves Ford turning on his family. They do have guns, don't they?

Well, I did refer to Doug Sr.'s guns. So, it depends on who gets to them first (unless RoFo's packing ammunition in his own basement)

Just because Ford hasn't handled the city as ethical as he should have, doesn't mean that we should banging at the doors and demanding where Ford is, to the harm of the other patients at the facility. There are some health care workers, social workers, addictions workers I follow, who are absolutely disgusted by what Ford has done, that have railed against him, and even they think this is fair.

However, given the patterns of behaviour we've seen so far, don't discount the possibility of RoFo himself harming the other patients (or workers) at the facility--which in itself (and rightly so) might bring "undue exposure". That is, we might not even have to bang doors--he could well smash the door out of his hinges all by himself.

Can you imagine how many interesting taped phone conversations Joe has with Rob?

Too little too late Doug. Lol.

Much as we love to mock Joe, he's got a bigger book than Crazy Town inside him. One day he might write it. In easy words. And short sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back