News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good quote from Clayton Ruby. I can't imagine how Ford is sleeping nights.

As for Holyday, I've wanted to respect him, but a lot of his behaviour as of late - and now this quote - makes me think he's off to the glue factory.

i think RF and crew have been sniffing too much glue at the label company

Some city employees may be generously paid relative to those in the private sector, and maybe sometimes their hours spent on the job could deliver greater results for the city, but these guys are targeting the lowest status workers. Karen Stintz noted that the money saved on the cleaning contract would equal the bonuses paid to a few executives at Build Toronto. It is illuminating that the right's spiritual leader, Mayor Ford, who thinks every labourer is an overpaid malingerer, was forced to take the afternoon off work with a sore back, caused by the hard physical grind of handing out Easter eggs for a couple hours.

Doug Holyday wants you to send the right kind of people, those on commissions and expense accounts, who know how to bitch about the impossibility of finding decent help these days.

Last edited:
Funny thing is re the "cyclists" part--while I can't see Holyday defeated (then again, who knows), in the event that he no longer seeks office I *can* see his replacement as some greeny DeBaeremaker type rather than a likeminded frugal-hard-righter...

Well said...+1

“My advice to the taxpayer would be don’t send us any more activists, don’t send us any more unionists, don’t send us any more cyclists,†Deputy Mayor Doug Holyday said. “Send us some people down here with good common sense who just want to manage the city’s affairs. That’s what’s needed.â€

Wait a minute! Aren't Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Doug Holyday, and others, right-wing activists? Is he saying don't vote for ALL activists, which includes himself and the Ford brothers?

Fine by me, I will not vote for any right-wing activities, as told to me by Mr. Holyday.

Etobicoke: a special place.

The excuses found for their inability to muster support kill me. Take me, for example. I'm a hard-working, blue collar bastard who has to drive to work in Toronto and pays a nice chunk of taxes, working in construction. Someone they might think would be on their side, right? Get me out instead of the activists and cyclists and yadda yadda. Pfft! They'd be sorely disappointed. Sorry Mr and Mrs Miser, I'm a Pinko in disguise! Also, I've half a brain. Who are they talking to anyway? I swear their number one fans are scores of construction workers who live in York Region. I know...I work with them.

I have to say though: it's great sport watching for what comes out of their mouths next!

Last edited:
As of this point in time, after having read all accounts of this in the various journals, I am left wondering what our Mayor Ford is thinking at this time, given that he's human. He ain't feelin' the love, that's for sure. I wonder why he sticks around. It's going to be pure punishment for Ford over and over. I know that I couldn't take this if I were Rob Ford.
I don't see Ford stepping down before his term expires, and my guess is that he thinks A) he'll be re-elected, and B) there will be more Ford allies on the next Council.

Etobicoke: a special place.

The excuses found for their inability to muster support kill me. Take me, for example. I'm a hard-working, blue collar bastard who has to drive to work in Toronto and pays a nice chunk of taxes, working in construction. Someone they might think would be on their side, right? Get me out instead of the activists and cyclists and yadda yadda. Pfft! They'd be sorely disappointed. Sorry Mr and Mrs Miser, I'm a Pinko in disguise! Also, I've half a brain. Who are they talking to anyway? I swear their number one fans are scores of construction workers who live in York Region. I know...I work with them.

I have to say though: it's great sport watching for what comes out of their mouths next!
Truthfully, if you have followed robs career, you wont like him at all.

Were you using the wrong pronoun or were you addressing me? Because I think it's fairly evident that I like Rob Ford less than I like police raids on parties.

Funny thing is re the "cyclists" part--while I can't see Holyday defeated (then again, who knows), in the event that he no longer seeks office I *can* see his replacement as some greeny DeBaeremaker type rather than a likeminded frugal-hard-righter...

Come to think of it---maybe there is an opening to target Holyday?

So far since amalgamation, he hasn't really had any serious challenge whatsoever--a real hush-yo-mouf' sleepy-frugality circumstance, where a vote for Holyday is as routine and colourless as depositing a rent cheque in the landlord's mailbox. And the voters haven't really been offered any reason to be throw-the-bum-out worked-up about Holyday over time...

Come to think of it---maybe there is an opening to target Holyday?

So far since amalgamation, he hasn't really had any serious challenge whatsoever--a real hush-yo-mouf' sleepy-frugality circumstance, where a vote for Holyday is as routine and colourless as depositing a rent cheque in the landlord's mailbox. And the voters haven't really been offered any reason to be throw-the-bum-out worked-up about Holyday over time...

I agree. We need to keep Doug Ford in place to energize the opposition and help with fundraising. But let's target the "brains" of the operation and take out the other Doug in 2014. Hmm, I wonder what Borys Wrzesnewskyj will be up to then?

Talking about outsourcing. It looks like Rob Ford refusal to answer reporter's questions means the answers are being outsourced to the Deputy Mayor (Doug Holyday) or to his twin Mayor (Doug Ford).

The result is now that Toronto's Mayor position is now outsourced out, since he seems to be constantly unavailable. Just who is the Mayor?

I agree. We need to keep Doug Ford in place to energize the opposition and help with fundraising. But let's target the "brains" of the operation and take out the other Doug in 2014. Hmm, I wonder what Borys Wrzesnewskyj will be up to then?

Probably gunning for a federal retake.

The Wikipedia entry for Rob Ford is awesome.

Particularly satisfying is the juxtaposition of points: "Ford reports he has not "smoked pot in 25 years" and that he denies having told a woman at a public event to go to Iran to be "raped and shot"."

Immediately followed by: "In 1999, Ford was arrested in Miami for driving under the influence (DUI) and marijuana possession charges.[62] "

It actually does as good a job as could be hoped, at explaining to the world how a person like Ford got elected in the first place.

i am SOOO embarrassed for toronto

The Wikipedia entry for Rob Ford is awesome.

Particularly satisfying is the juxtaposition of points: "Ford reports he has not "smoked pot in 25 years" and that he denies having told a woman at a public event to go to Iran to be "raped and shot"."

Immediately followed by: "In 1999, Ford was arrested in Miami for driving under the influence (DUI) and marijuana possession charges.[62] "

It actually does as good a job as could be hoped, at explaining to the world how a person like Ford got elected in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back