8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you left out the best part!

They went to a hotel. She goes into the hotel for a bit. Comes out, LEANS IN THE CAR. Ford drives away. Hello! Can you say drug buy??

Not to mention, Ford out and about on Sunday makes a liar out of the CEO of GreeneStone who said this to the CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-s-escalade-impounded-woman-charged-with-dui-1.2650013

The off-site AA meetings take place on Monday.

Well, we already knew that was a lie. He was in Muskoka on Friday banking and dropping off drycleaning. I'm kind of getting a little annoyed that the CBC is the new media organization that's passing on lies on behalf of the Fords (intentionally or not).

Not asking about Ford's comings and goings though strikes me as a lost opportunity.

I know, I know. I always wish other people would get more details when they run into situations like this, and then out of the blue I was smack in the middle of one and realize now I missed some stuff! This person was fresh out of rehab though and was originally discussing their own issues in there. I went back and forth as to whether or not to even bring RoFo up. I also was with another person who is not so obsessed with Rob Ford and it was awkward to press more info once the conversation steered away from Ford. Next time I see this person I'll try to get more info.

I finally have a tiny inside scoop for the thread! Nothing mind-bending but I'll share nonetheless:

Thanks for sharing, basic. Lots of info to digest here and it all sounds very credible. I believe Rob is trying to work the program. It's in his nature. There are the stories about him as a teen running the track every day to try and make a qualifying time. He's a tireless campaigner. When he had his come-to-Jesus moment, he really did focus on hitting the gym and (or so I believe) laying off the booze/drugs for a while.

Adrienne Batra told a story on radio a while back that I think sums up Rob well: he's very focused and well-behaved when he's working on a specific task. She cited the campaign and his push for the Shepherd subways as examples. He loses it when he doesn't have a goal to work toward. Batra said the quieter times were when Rob would disappear for days at a time and never say where he was or what he was doing.

I'd imagine that the structured environment of rehab keeps him motivated. But I doubt it's going to stick if he tries to return to his old life. For me, the whole selfie thing a week or so ago suggests he has a ways to go before he starts dealing with some of the deeper psychological issues driving his behaviour. The stuff in the Star about parking outside the hotel is whiffy, too.

Anyway, that's my armchair psychology. Thanks again for posting.

A UT'er would say, "Congratulations. Now about Rob Ford..." :D

Yeah, exactly.

basic, you gave us more in one post than the national media pros have been able to scrape up over a day and a half since the DUI story broke, and several days since Rob went north. Thanks! Don't beat yourself up if some UTers say, Hey, you didn't put every possible dot together ...

I know, I know. I always wish other people would get more details when they run into situations like this, and then out of the blue I was smack in the middle of one and realize now I missed some stuff!

That's why us journos make a fortune.

Thanks for the info!

Armchair psychology? That's my specialty, sonny! :)

I ask you ladies and gents to consider the following:

* Detox from opiates often makes you very horny. Uncontrollably, impulsively horny.

* Two words: “Rehab Romance”. Movie writers take note.

* The reported actions of Lee Anne McRobb: Histrionic Personality?

rehabs.jpg

Attachments

• rehabs.jpg
    rehabs.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 932
Armchair psychology? That's my specialty, sonny! :)
So coincidental buzz here. My iTunes started playing, independently of my directions, 'I Can Be
your Hero'
By Egaias. Tried to put it into context, (in a karma sort if way) but it was an epic fail. Better have another glass of wine or try my hand at the snorty thing. Somehow this is supposed to mean something, dammit. Or
More likely it's just more of RoFo's
Math/Physics.

I ask you ladies and gents to consider the following:

* Detox from opiates often makes you very horny. Uncontrollably, impulsively horny."

This is a very effective endorsement for those of us a tad long in the tooth.
* Two words: “Rehab Romanceâ€. Movie writers take note.

* The reported actions of Lee Anne McRobb: Histrionic Personality?

Maybe just lonely and in need of acknowledgement as a human being but accustomed to living in the shadows.

I'm willing to cut her some slack. Not all instances of poor judgement are subject to the great tinfoil court of justice.

Last edited:
In the Star article: "McRobb's Muskoka Lakes homes, located near a firehall, was dark Tuesday night." There's a firehall in Bala, on Grey Road. It goes on to note that the neighbour met McRobb last summer. Could suggest a recent move. If her phone is disconnected, perhaps its an out-of-date listing.

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/n...ays-woman-arrested-allegedly-driving-his-suv/

317 Healey Lake Mactier is the address for Mariner's Cove Marina... which leeanne's parent's own.

her home is in bala.

not sure why Mariner's Cove Marina would be listed as her residence.

I am bothered by the fact that when Rob was spotted out, it was naturally assumed the blonde that was driving was his wife. Where any pics taken that would prove this? I think it is possible that it was McRobb driving as has been reported that she left rehab around that time and her neighbour saw his car parked in her driveway.

i wish this would be settled one way or the other too.

OPP still in Ford's pocket, the shitbags:

@jpags: OPP now clarifying to say after investigation, LeeAnne McRobb was in legal possession of Escalade. Won't say if it's Ford's.

i find it interesting that it's owners, not owner, of the vehicle...

“It was found out by the officer that [McRobb] did have authority from the registered owners to drive” the vehicle, Drake said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...on-to-use-rob-ford-s-suv-police-say-1.2651345

so a representative of deco gave the ok?

side question... how is it legal for rob to be using a deco vehicle like his own personal vehicle? it only does "non-deco work", right? is that allowed?

Last edited:
A fair number of otherwise trashy people with no education/friends/hobbies at least fall back to taking an interest in raising their kids. Sadly the substance abuse and his job probably made that impossible. No doubt, as others have said, winning the mayoralty race was one of the worst things to happen to him. I wonder if he really even wanted to win in the first place, or if he was just doing it for his family and expecting to lose and go back to coaching high school football in the afternoons and watching sports and drinking pops in his basement all evening.....
He could fix things with his kids; addicts who've done worse than he has (as far as we know) have reestablished relationships. But the problem is he has such poor interpersonal/relationship skills. I mean people like him when they meet him, but relationships are about more than just smiling, being nice and making promises. You have to follow up, you have ups and downs and conflicts and consequences. His dysfunctional family certainly didn't give him a good education in parenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back