News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
and... i'd like to see that tim hortons security footage for myself. too bad cayla didn't take a picture.

did corporate tim's see the footage themselves, or did they just take the franchisee's word for it?

hmmm... do tim's gift cards say what location they were purchased from? if so, we should see if the ones doug said he'd be handing out in the future come from that junction location... you know, as "payment" to say it was doug that was there.

edit: or, was it cayla that was lying after all? this tweet of hers has me wondering...

Most commonly used phrase these past weeks: "I'm just gonna bullshit it"

https://twitter.com/caylaclarkson/status/467299366571503616

i hope she was just referring to taking exams.

Last edited:

hard to imagine him sliding those 320 lbs over anything other than a straight bench seat. He'd have to lift himself over:
article-2483599-1921344A00000578-464_634x389.jpg

If that tan console thing flips up it'd make it easier, but still not that easy.

I tried to slide over thru the passenger side a few weeks ago because someone parked too close to the driver's side door, and I couldn't do it. It made me feel really old & out of shape. :( Mind you I have to get over a console, gear shifter and parking brake. And the inside of a Civic is much smaller than an Escalade. But I still thought I should have been able to do it.

something else i wish would be settled... someone posted (i was hoping to find the post to share / quote, but i can't seem to) the following a few(?) days ago...

https://twitter.com/TheMcBang/status/468935194779844608

when and where is that photo from?

I was scrolling back through his timeline. He reposts a lot. Not just meme pics but his own selfies. I didn't see this one in previous posts, but maybe I didn't go far back enough. It looks like the colour scheme for Fitness 365 where a lot of pics appeared in November and December of last year.
http://instagram.com/p/gjX6LkpblI/

I don't know, somehow it doesn't look recent.

This sentence really makes me reflect on how winning the mayoralty was the worst thing that ever happened to Rob Ford. The stress of the job seems to have forced him into a pretty rough substance abuse spiral. On top of that, he's now the laughing stock of the world, is unlikely to win again in October, his marriage has been torn apart... if he weren't such a wretched person, I'd almost feel bad for him. He could have had a real thing, being counsellor for life of a little stretch of Etobicoke.

The Peter Principle: Why Things Always Go Wrong
An observation that in an organizational hierarchy, every employee will rise or get promoted to his or her level of incompetence. The Peter Principle is based on the notion that employees will get promoted as long as they are competent, but at some point will fail to get promoted beyond a certain job because it has become too challenging for them. Employees rise to their level of incompetence and stay there. Over time, every position in the hierarchy will be filled by someone who is not competent enough to carry out his or her new duties.

I'd imagine that the structured environment of rehab keeps him motivated. But I doubt it's going to stick if he tries to return to his old life. .

Oh, I fully agree. There is no way this is going to stick once he gets out of a controlled environment and back into the fray. I still stand by my assertion that this story ends in two ways: RoFo is arrested or he dies.

Last edited:
317 Healey Lake Mactier is the address for Mariner's Cove Marina... which leeanne's parent's own.

her home is in bala.

not sure why Mariner's Cove Marina would be listed as her residence.

It was listed as the street address in 411. That merely indicates what address a land line 'phone account is associated with - for instance, she could have had her own land line number while living with her parents. With all of the other info (eg, the damaged snowmobile on the lawn of the Bala house) it does seem to be gelling that, at least most currently, her home is the house in Bala and the connection to MacTier is that it is where her parents live (and where, one imagines, she has lived, probably on more than one occasion over the years - and where she may be camped out again as we speak).

i find it interesting that it's owners, not owner, of the vehicle...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...on-to-use-rob-ford-s-suv-police-say-1.2651345

so a representative of deco gave the ok?

side question... how is it legal for rob to be using a deco vehicle like his own personal vehicle? it only does "non-deco work", right? is that allowed?

Owner versus owners is common enough sloppiness. Especially, people tend to use "they" for a business, even though a corporation is a singular "it".

As Deco is the lessee of the vehicle, someone with authority on behalf of Deco could OK its use by someone who falls under the terms of the lease and the fleet insurance. That may not include Leeann at all, but the issue for the police is purely whether the owner of the vehicle is going to take the position that she stole it; the police are not going to get into the issue of whether the lease and fleet insurance terms would have actually permitted Deco to allow Leeann to use it.

Ford is an officer of Deco, at least nominally, so Deco allowing him to use the Escalade almost certainly would be within the terms of the lease and fleet insurance, without regard to whether he works only 5 minutes a month. (It is normal for employers who lease vehicles for the use of 'management level' employees to allow them to use their so-called 'company cars' for personal reasons too.)

Difficult but it does indeed happen. Ultimately Tory, even with backing, is at serious risk of dropping off in the polls. If Rob drops out, even if Doug steps in, that pretty much leaves Chow uncontested. At that moment the press and the electorate will take a look at the other candidates. This may be just to reinforce the neck and neck race narrative so loved in election time, but it will present a great moment for an organized "also ran" to emerge as a possible contender. As my partner points out, Soknacki has such a policy rich platform that he is in danger of being viewed as leftist instead of the fiscally conservative centrist with great ideas that he seems to be. If he can manage to blend his progressive ideas on the city (and the need for taxation) with a strong sense of protecting taxpayers money, he may well be able to grab that moment.

In danger of being viewed as a leftist? That's a dangerous positon? That is precisely why he is my second choice. I have no idea why people seem to equate the right wirh fiscal restraint. They have no fiscal restraint. They starve the beast and destroy revenue, then increase the costs of everythng. No thank you. We need a left-leaning mayor. Not another blowhard austerity anti-tax candidate.

At the basic level we need a Mayor that can do the job (whether left, right or centre). One that isn't out of his mind a lot of the time.

Owner versus owners is common enough sloppiness. Especially, people tend to use "they" for a business, even though a corporation is a singular "it".

Not to mention that typos and grammatical errors abound on that site. I just finished reading an unrelated article there (this one if you care) that damn near made my head explode.

In danger of being viewed as a leftist? That's a dangerous positon? That is precisely why he is my second choice. I have no idea why people seem to equate the right wirh fiscal restraint. They have no fiscal restraint. They starve the beast and destroy revenue, then increase the costs of everythng. No thank you. We need a left-leaning mayor. Not another blowhard austerity anti-tax candidate.

+1000000

Thanks for sharing, basic. Lots of info to digest here and it all sounds very credible. I believe Rob is trying to work the program. It's in his nature. There are the stories about him as a teen running the track every day to try and make a qualifying time. He's a tireless campaigner. When he had his come-to-Jesus moment, he really did focus on hitting the gym and (or so I believe) laying off the booze/drugs for a while.

Adrienne Batra told a story on radio a while back that I think sums up Rob well: he's very focused and well-behaved when he's working on a specific task. She cited the campaign and his push for the Shepherd subways as examples. He loses it when he doesn't have a goal to work toward. Batra said the quieter times were when Rob would disappear for days at a time and never say where he was or what he was doing.

I'd imagine that the structured environment of rehab keeps him motivated. But I doubt it's going to stick if he tries to return to his old life. For me, the whole selfie thing a week or so ago suggests he has a ways to go before he starts dealing with some of the deeper psychological issues driving his behaviour. The stuff in the Star about parking outside the hotel is whiffy, too.

Anyway, that's my armchair psychology. Thanks again for posting.
Rob has a hard time staying focused for any length of time. Cut the Waist lasted maybe two weeks, Come to Jesus another couple of weeks, living clean and sober a few weeks. Oh gee, is there a pattern?

So I disagree that he is committed to working the program. He got talked into it, and he'll behave for a little bit, but that's it. Even his jaunt into town the other day, posing for selfies, shows that he can't stick with anything. Adulation is one of his addictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back