News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had ... but had been out of government for almost a decade when he was elected leader.

Isn't the best example Lyin' Brian? He never ever ran for a seat as far as I know, until after he was the PC Leader.

Good memory. He become party leader immediately but had to get elected before he could be leader of the opposition.

Oh and let's not forget the Fords use compatriots in the worst ways - remember how Del Grande and others were left to hang there and dry just so that he can look more conservative than they are? I am sure it'd be a real popular move as a party leader.

Bingo. These guys will throw anybody under the bus to not even save themselves but to hype themselves up. I will never forget the Fords telling Del Grande to put in "revenue tools" for the subways they wanted and then voting against them lol They villainized a Deputy Mayor that they choose themselves. They voted against a budget from their own budget chief. As effed up as the PC are, there is no way anybody wants to be lead by the Fords, I doubt they want either in their party considering the Ford's have a habit of putting his own side down if it builds himself up.

My gosh so Doug considering a leadership run and his first interview consists of him saying how sh*tty the current provincial PC team is and the current sitting 27 seat members should be flushed out because none are as "real" as the Fords. That's what I call leadership folks haha.

I think it's really interesting seeing how the Liberals survived their scandal (and did so perfectly with the transfer of leadership) and how the Ford's ego has help dragged the Conservative movement back. I love that Ford is nothing more then an ugly footnote. He came in with zero conservatives in provincial office, and he's going to leave with ZERO. Like everything else in Ford life, it was quick and smelly but no real long-term legacy

Oh and Tom Hayes is such an empty suit.

Other than Kouvalis (and others) being total DBs on twitter, not a huge RoFo connection here, so I apologize for that. However, Folks, gadies and lentlemen, a big hand for your pollsters! Apparently, they all got it right. And even if they didn't, it's the other guy's fault. So, hey, maybe there is a greater RoFo connex!

Sublime was there!
Screenshot-20.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 631
Yes, it was not intended as an insult. Did you see Ed the Sock's tweet today about why he voted Lib in order to help the PCs go to rehab? The person who is the hand & voice of Ed ran for the PCs in 1990 in the riding won by Kwinter. (Ed's animator came a distant 3rd after the NDP candidate - maybe 10% of the pop vote.)

Late reply, sorry.

Wasn't taken as such. However, I'll go on the record as generally staring at Ed The Sock on teevee with the most nonplussed look you could ever imagine. Just didn't get it. But, then again, I'm the person who thinks going into the consumer products label biz in the early 60s was a stroke of entrepreneurial genius. So, I might be missing the empathy gene. Or something.

Also, always wondered if Monte was the scion of a hot dog fortune!

Also, always wondered if Monte was the scion of a hot dog fortune!

Hot Dog, hypr! I too have wondered about Kwinter’s weenies. Wasn’t there a Kwinter’s deli, as well, similar to Shopsy’s?

Also recall the old saying “If you like sausages or respect the law, you shouldn’t watch either being made.”

hahaha, croire is "to hope" in French. I'm sure that's what she meant.

Pedant Alert:

'Croire' is 'to believe' or 'have faith in' (unless it's reflexive, in which, I think, means 'To think of one's self as...'. 'To hope' is 'esperer'.

Excuse the rustiness, but "Je ne crois pas que Rob Ford sera 'Mayor' apres le 27me de Octobre, mais j'espere qu'il ne sera pas.'

Pedant/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back