News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gosh so Doug considering a leadership run and his first interview consists of him saying how sh*tty the current provincial PC team is and the current sitting 27 seat members should be flushed out because none are as "real" as the Fords. That's what I call leadership folks haha.

I think it's really interesting seeing how the Liberals survived their scandal (and did so perfectly with the transfer of leadership) and how the Ford's ego has help dragged the Conservative movement back. I love that Ford is nothing more then an ugly footnote. He came in with zero conservatives in provincial office, and he's going to leave with ZERO. Like everything else in Ford life, it was quick and smelly but no real long-term legacy

The dregs of the Common Sense Revolution still hanging around almost 20 years later are reason enough for an PC enema. Administer orally if necessary.

Provincially and nationally, after all the Liberals went totally corporate, the rump of the hard-ass right seized the day, and took the “progress†out of Progressive *and* the “conserve†out of Conservativeâ€

Their reverence for ignorance and preference for meanness still steers the party back to the era of knuckle-draggers. Such a vision for the future. Dystopia, anyone? (No, Imodium, thanks.)

They are not trying to “conserve†anything. They are trying to tear things down, take things away, rip the social fabric. Some would say RoFo represents such a destructive force both during office hours in public life and after hours in private life. YMMV.

Sorry peeps. :eek: It’s kool aid talking.

(PS: Anybody interview Don Cherry on election night?)

The dregs of the Common Sense Revolution still hanging around almost 20 years later are reason enough for an PC enema. Administer orally if necessary.

Provincially and nationally, after all the Liberals went totally corporate, the rump of the hard-ass right seized the day, and took the “progress” out of Progressive *and* the “conserve” out of Conservative”

Their reverence for ignorance and preference for meanness still steers the party back to the era of knuckle-draggers. Such a vision for the future. Dystopia, anyone? (No, Imodium, thanks.)

They are not trying to “conserve” anything. They are trying to tear things down, take things away, rip the social fabric. Some would say RoFo represents such a destructive force both during office hours in public life and after hours in private life. YMMV.

I think Cherry was en route to LA, thankfully.

Doug is a Carnival Barker. He'll simply say anything to get you to look his way.

Doggie is Poopypants!!!

Robbie is Droopypants!!!

and I am Partypants!!!

:p

Provincially and nationally, after all the Liberals went totally corporate, the rump of the hard-ass right seized the day, and took the “progress” out of Progressive *and* the “conserve” out of Conservative”

They are not trying to “conserve” anything. They are trying to tear things down, take things away, rip the social fabric. Some would say RoFo represents such a destructive force both during office hours in public life and after hours in private life. YMMV.

As someone old enough to vaguely remember Bill 'Bland Is Good' Davis, I have to marvel at the general unmooring of Conservatives from their roots; Municipally, Provincially and Federally. The Chicago School is Ground Zero, obvs. But how does that explain this Tea Party thing that's got Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. in a spiral of failure? And how does it reach such a logical end in Robert 'Bruise' Ford?

For sure, this neo-liberal crap was the guiding light for Harris and his wrecking crew. And that's where Ford Sr, served his one term in back bench obscurity (until he was unpalatable to even them). But that's the extent of the background of the Kurrent Klown Krop of Fords: A too-extreme barbarian in a tribe of ideological visigoths (and an irrelevancy, to boot). That political blip is their political keystone, fergawdsakes.

No, these yams aren't conservatives. Bill Mason was a conservative. Robert Bateman's a real one. So's Lizzie May. The Fords don't deserve the label, even if their own company makes it.

Do you think you're the chosen one or something?

“But I’ll tell you one thing, I’d give that PC party an enema from top to bottom.â€
“Enema,†he repeats. “Top to bottom.â€

Well, I have to admit, that I don't really know how you become the leader of a political party,
but I think its got something to do with gaining enough support to be voted in by the party members.

Calling them all turds that you're going to flush down the toilet, is not a good way to start!

As someone old enough to vaguely remember Bill 'Bland Is Good' Davis, I have to marvel at the general unmooring of Conservatives from their roots; Municipally, Provincially and Federally. The Chicago School is Ground Zero, obvs. But how does that explain this Tea Party thing that's got Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. in a spiral of failure? And how does it reach such a logical end in Robert 'Bruise' Ford?

For sure, this neo-liberal crap was the guiding light for Harris and his wrecking crew. And that's where Ford Sr, served his one term in back bench obscurity (until he was unpalatable to even them). But that's the extent of the background of the Kurrent Klown Krop of Fords: A too-extreme barbarian in a tribe of ideological visigoths (and an irrelevancy, to boot). That political blip is their political keystone, fergawdsakes.

No, these yams aren't conservatives. Bill Mason was a conservative. Robert Bateman's a real one. So's Lizzie May. The Fords don't deserve the label, even if their own company makes it.

Well said.....Conrad Black :)

On a side note, if an individual ran for PC party leadership and or political office, is there a background check required......i.e criminal record search and such.

Donovan and the G&B could have a field day if Thug ran for office:)

Les Nessman (on assignment)

Pedant Alert:

'Croire' is 'to believe' or 'have faith in' (unless it's reflexive, in which, I think, means 'To think of one's self as...'. 'To hope' is 'esperer'.

Excuse the rustiness, but "Je ne crois pas que Rob Ford sera 'Mayor' apres le 27me de Octobre, mais j'espere qu'il ne sera pas.'

Pedant/

J'espère que Kathleen Wynne va m'envoyer quelques croissants, mais je ne crois pas que je vais les obtenir.

Dixon City: How fares the area made notorious by Rob Ford — aka the ‘Red Apple’ — a year after massive police raids

the African Canadian Legal Clinic remains critical of the operation, and how residents were treated by tactical officers. The group believes the raids were actually sparked by the investigation into Rob Ford. “If they had genuinely wanted to do something in the community, why this eerie coincidence and timing? It doesn’t sit well with our organization,” said Roger Love, who describes himself as the group’s advice lawyer.

[...]

For those caught up in the raids, the wheels of justice grind on. Many of the accused are still awaiting preliminary hearings.

[...]

Abdul, the soccer coach who knows some of the accused, is bitter.

He recalls seeing Rob Ford hanging out with 15-year-olds in a back alley when he was a councillor. He’d ask what he was doing and get told, “bro, it’s none of your business.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...y-rob-ford-a-year-after-massive-police-raids/

Last edited:
Dixon City: How fares the area made notorious by Rob Ford — aka the ‘Red Apple’ — a year after massive police raids

**quote** the African Canadian Legal Clinic remains critical of the operation, and how residents were treated by tactical officers. The group believes the raids were actually sparked by the investigation into Rob Ford. “If they had genuinely wanted to do something in the community, why this eerie coincidence and timing? It doesn’t sit well with our organization,†said Roger Love, who describes himself as the group’s advice lawyer. **endquote**

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...y-rob-ford-a-year-after-massive-police-raids/

Gaaaahhhhh!! Project Traveller began in June of 2012 -- 8 months before the crack video was made! He's a lawyer, he's got to know that. he's either deliberately perpetrating this misinformation, or he's incompetent.

also from the same article:

**quote**Shots rang out one night in July 2010, next to a daycare at 340 Dixon Road, sending people scattering. Police believe one of the intended targets in that spree was Anthony Smith, a young man and alleged Dixon Blood who would be murdered in 2013 outside a nightclub and who appeared in a famous photo alongside Mayor Ford. **endquote**

certainly lends credibility to the claims that Smith's murder isn't linked to Ford if he was a marked man even back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back