News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Joe Fontana has some shame, I could see RoFo refusing to resign in this situation, because "it's all in the past, we're moving forward".

The mayor of London, Ont., who was convicted last week on three fraud-related charges from his time as a federal Liberal cabinet minister, announced Monday that he is stepping down.

Joe Fontana issued the statement days after he was convicted of fraud, forgery and breach of trust after a judge found he forged an expenses document submitted to the House of Commons in 2005 that resulted in a $1,700 government fraud.

“I am taking this step out of respect for the office of the mayor, the people of London and our judicial system,”

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...e_fontana_resigns_after_fraud_conviction.html

Joe Fontana doesn't have *nearly* enough shame. The citizens of London and much of the municipal government there have been urging him to step down for over a year, as he faced criminal charges directly related to holding political office -- he steadfastly ignored those calls. He only stepped down when he was finally convicted. I lived in London for many years (many years ago) and always thought that Fontana was among the very worst of the pols -- and this was long before he went on to defraud the Canadian government and then seem genuinely insulted that he was caught.

Motion requesting Mayor Joe Fontana to leave office has been passed - Nov 26, 2012
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2...-joe-fontana-to-leave-office-has-been-passed/

</end-other-mayor-thread-derail>

Edited to add: AlbertHWagstaff, I do agree with the idea that as bad as Fontana is, Ford would probably behave even worse under the same circumstances.

Last edited:
Just received this:

Screen shot 2014-06-16 at 7.02.01 PM.jpg

Friends,

You may have heard the awful slur one of my colleagues has made against our wonderful neighbourhood. I want to say how saddened I am that Parkdale has been attacked this way.

As we all know Parkdale is the kind of community everyone in Toronto admires. We are economically, socially, and culturally diverse. We accept and welcome and love each other. If the rest of Toronto were more like Parkdale, Toronto would be an even better place to live.

Many of my colleagues have already contacted me to see how they can help stand up for our great neighbourhood. You may be hearing from some of them in the media. Rest assured this attack comes from one irresponsible voice.

Here's a suggestion for finding a silver lining: I am inviting everyone to send the reason they love Parkdale to councillor_perks@toronto.ca I will be posting your words on www.gordperks.ca

Gord

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-06-16 at 7.02.01 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-06-16 at 7.02.01 PM.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 832
Auditions for 'Rob Ford: The Musical' Were Appropriately Bizarre

By the third hour of auditions, media attention had hit its peak and the audition began to undergo a tonal shift—thanks to a lack of genuine Rob Ford look-alikes hoping to get a gig and an emergence of trolls and passersby looking for a bit of attention. That’s about the time when a rapper named Mark Brathwaite came in to audition for the part of Rob Ford.

Mark spit a quick freestyle about Ford, then told a story about selling Toronto Blue Jays T-shirts on the street, which is where he met Mayor Ford for the first time. Apparently, Ford offered him some kind of gig as a rapper who could help him with his initiative to make Toronto a better music city, which was quickly cut short once the whole admitting-to-smoking-crack thing took hold of his career.

The judges did not seem overly impressed with Mark's charming anecdote.

http://www.vice.com/read/auditions-for-rob-ford-the-musical-were-appropriately-bizarre

Bizarre, yes, but this is finally evidence that Ford actually did do something about making Toronto a better music city.

True, "asking some randon street rapper for help" isn't a lot to do, but it's more than he's done to help with homelessness.

does anyone know which lisi family owns this business?

Lisi Mechanical - Head Office
www.lisimechanical.com
160 Disco Rd
Etobicoke, ON
(416) 674-8333

Lisi Mechanical Contractors Ltd
www.lisimechanical.com
139 Woodstream Bl
Woodbridge, ON
(905) 856-6140

it's head office is rather close to madill st... and woodstream in woodbridge is where those mafia shootings have taken place, so my curiosity is piqued.

Mammo's calling Parkdale a haven for pedophiles of course makes me wonder what value the electors see in him. And I ponder, again, what would happen if a rational, intelligent candidate ran in Mammo's ward, someone with an obvious appeal to the brighter voters.

And the offence is huge. It's not just the tarring he's given that fab 'hood, it's also how cavalier he has been in slamming a neighbourhood, period. What possible use is there in having this guy in public service? The voters deserve a better candidate in their ward.

Better candidates, that's what we need. Time to be done with Mammo's grip.

When Doug said we need a whole bunch of councillors gone I don't think he meant Mammo, but this stupid comment today might be the beginning of the end for him. Now I just hope Nunziata does something stupid and we can be done with her, too. Imagine a world with no Fords, Mammo or Nunziata!

does anyone know which lisi family owns this business?

Lisi Mechanical - Head Office
www.lisimechanical.com
160 Disco Rd
Etobicoke, ON
(416) 674-8333

Lisi Mechanical Contractors Ltd
www.lisimechanical.com
139 Woodstream Bl
Woodbridge, ON
(905) 856-6140

it's head office is rather close to madill st... and woodstream in woodbridge is where those mafia shootings have taken place, so my curiosity is piqued.

i found a bit more, but it still doesn't tell me if there's any relation to sandro...

Based in Toronto, Ontario, the family owned and operated contractor's specialties include plumbing, heating and fire protection services. Brothers Robert and Bruno Lisi incorporated the company in 1979.

Lisi's Modest Start

Originally, the two owners immigrated to Canada from the small town of Bagnara, Italy, in 1965.

http://business.highbeam.com/437515...ctor-torontobased-lisi-mechanical-contractors

I love Doug Ford feigning indignation. It's absolutely something him or Rob would have said, if they only had thought of it first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back