News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because their funding comes exclusively from their clients, private rehabs such as GreeneStone tend to be much more flexible in their rules than those funded by OHIP or churches/charities (beggars can't be choosers). At my NA home group I ran into someone who was at GS with Ford, and he confirmed this; he told me that GS has a "great program" but attendance at lectures, groups etc. is entirely voluntary. This, of course, is the exact opposite of what Ford needs. BTW I also heard that Ford checked out CAMH and Homewood before settling on GS -- no surprise there, as those rehabs are definitely stricter (especially Homewood).

Also, regarding that "great program" comment: I think it's pretty obvious that Ford's need for people to take photos of him is a manifestation of his addiction, and I would think that any good rehab would see, and challenge, that. As for visiting bars (even if not drinking)? At Homewood that was grounds for discharge.

Fun fact: A patient I'm working with was at GS some years ago. Back then it costs $50,000 for a 55 day program.

It looks like you have cut and pasted the same reply to someone else... and your reply has very little if nothing to do with my statements.

Anyway, thank you for the inputs to the topic.

I thought someone noted that their mother ran into Ford at a "bar" for a WC game. Could that've been his Windermere visit?

I think some of this handwringing about Ford at Windemere is a bit over the top.

I know from my own rehab experience weekends are free to do as you see fit as long as you aren't using.

It's highly questionable though that he's so accommodating with the selfies. I suspect he's not really addressing his real problem, low self esteem, hence the need to be seen and photoed as if he were a celebrity rather than a pathetic drug addict/alcoholic.

That saying "A man is known by the company he keeps" shows Ford still hasn't got a clue, hanging with McRobb, a known town drunken tramp suggests he's still in the gutter and has so little self awareness that this will eventually bite him in the ass, as has his past association with petty crooks, drug dealers, wife beaters, gangbangers, crackheads etc.

I suspect his first relapse will occur in the quiet confines of his adorable crack/smack addled sister's basement.

If these photos only showed up on weekends I would agree but they don't. There are a couple from Monday too, and some from mid week the week before, and the week before that. Grocery shopping, dry cleaning, restaurants galore, tim hortons, etc, etc, etc. There is a consistent pattern here. This paired with Wormtongue's "watching tv" article, it's all too ick for me and the more doubt we can raise, the better, imo.

Last edited:
There is a wide variety of treatment options with different protocols out there. Greenestone is definetely pretty loosy-goosey. For example, it's the only rehab I'm aware of that lets you have a cell phone. I also know that they let their clients go away overnight without supervision.

Being 45 minutes away regularly on weekdays during the day is fishy.

As for bananas and toilet paper, Rob may have been allowed to assist staff on an outing grocery shopping, that's the only non-nefarious possibility.

I find those long excursions a bit strange too, although as Mama Ford told us (I think) via the LeDrew interview, Rob's a restless guy. And despite the potential for differing treatment protocols from facility to facility, the roadtrips still seem a bit indulgent for Spahab, er Robhab, I mean rehab. But for every out-on-the-town selfie posted, I picture GS staff saying to the habbers, "Hey guys, I'm going to "town" (Bracebridge, Huntsville, Gravenhurst, Port Carling, wherever), and before the words are out of their mouths, Rob's called "shotgun!", car window's down, head out, tongue out, raring to go. Other GS clients are lying Pam McConnell-like in a heap...

However, I'm not convinced that Rob was buying anything more than bananas last week. That cart was kind of far behind him for it to be his to unload (seemed more like the person's taking the picture). And if it was, I don't think he was buying toilet paper - looked more like rice cakes to me, assuming the "toilet paper" was the package in the top of the cart? I agree on the toothpaste, also maybe a pineapple (?) and what looked like a boatload of Fibre 1 packages. That said, as someone pointed out what $100,000 rehab doesn't come with all-you-can-eat bananas?

Then again, maybe this cart of "healthy" food was meant to counteract all the on-the-town meals Rob seems to have had. Seems he doesn't "do" GS lunches at all. (But I still don't think the cart was his).

I find those long excursions a bit strange too, although as Mama Ford told us (I think) via the LeDrew interview, Rob's a restless guy. And despite the potential for differing treatment protocols from facility to facility, the roadtrips still seem a bit indulgent for Spahab, er Robhab, I mean rehab. But for every out-on-the-town selfie posted, I picture GS staff saying to the habbers, "Hey guys, I'm going to "town" (Bracebridge, Huntsville, Gravenhurst, Port Carling, wherever), and before the words are out of their mouths, Rob's called "shotgun!", car window's down, head out, tongue out, raring to go. Other GS clients are lying Pam McConnell-like in a heap...

However, I'm not convinced that Rob was buying anything more than bananas last week. That cart was kind of far behind him for it to be his to unload (seemed more like the person's taking the picture). And if it was, I don't think he was buying toilet paper - looked more like rice cakes to me, assuming the "toilet paper" was the package in the top of the cart? I agree on the toothpaste, also maybe a pineapple (?) and what looked like a boatload of Fibre 1 packages. That said, as someone pointed out what $100,000 rehab doesn't come with all-you-can-eat bananas?

Then again, maybe this cart of "healthy" food was meant to counteract all the on-the-town meals Rob seems to have had. Seems he doesn't "do" GS lunches at all. (But I still don't think the cart was his).

I think the toilet paper was the Walmart visit a month ago.

If these photos only showed up on weekends I would agree but they don't. There are a couple from Monday too, and some from mid week the week before, and the week before that. Grocery shopping, dry cleaning, restaurants galore, tim hortons, etc, etc, etc. There is a consistent pattern here. This paired with Wormtongue's "watching tv" article, it's all too ick for me and the more doubt we can raise, the better, imo.

Rob secretly wants nothing more than to be a house husband? :p

I think the toilet paper was the Walmart visit a month ago.

From James_D on June 12th:

Is that his cart behind him or is he just buying a bunch of bananas? If it's his cart I'm not sure why he'd need toilet paper and toothpaste.

The Walmart pic was a selfie with a local Sun media guy a couple of weeks earlier. I think it came via a Sun article and not Twitter/Instagram. Told the Sun media guy he was there to "pick up some groceries" http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/31/mayor-rob-ford-spotted-shopping-bracebridge

Last edited:
Daniel Dale (or Jimmi T ;) ) needs to tell him to 1) get verified; and 2) when you start your tweet with @ it's a reply not a tweet, so put a period in front of it.

Thanks regarding the tweeting tip. Wondered why they weren't showing up on his homepage.

I don't suppose anyone ever started a RobFordRehabWeek account?:p

But Wormtongue's article gets in the way of that. According to Joe, Rob is there right now, watching tv and making coffee.

I know it's kind of minor point, but has anyone seen any evidence of Rob making coffee ever before? The man drives around the block from his house to stop at a Tim's. Perhaps this is some kind of life skills achievement: 1) Learn to make a mean cup of coffee 2) Be mayor.

Regardless of the degree to which he was not really in rehab (at the cottage, there but not taking it seriously, etc.) the story needs to be about a taxpayer vacation.

And FordNation will just say that it's no worse than having his powers taken away. What's he been doing for his full-mayor-salary since last year? Not a whole lot. Showing up at things uninvited and complaining about Norm Kelly –– oh, and "constituent meetings"; that's about it. Everyone else knows what a total bumblef#ck he is, so trying to convince the fanatic stragglers is more effort than it's worth.

It looks like you have cut and pasted the same reply to someone else... and your reply has very little if nothing to do with my statements.

Anyway, thank you for the inputs to the topic.

My apologies -- I`m sure I *did* cut and paste and otherwise screwed things up... I`m old :(, and new to these newfangled forum thingys!
As for your initial post, I`ll find it and respond to it now. If I`m not able to find, maybe you could repost it... thanks!

Welcome to UT.

The Bros. have brought up drug testing, well at times they can control and not random testing, and only if all the councillors be tested as well. Of course that's just grandstanding, however, now with the fact of rehab... council could vote to make random testing for the mayor, preferably until 10/27.

Testing a side, social media and regular media are doing a pretty good job of keeping tabs of a lot of Robbie's activities, except for the "constitutes'" meetings that keep him from going to work.

And that is the important point to me, how his playing is keeping him from being "mayor". We pay him to be a leader and guide Toronto and counsel to being more efficient and better, as per his platform, but he has only proven to be as effective as all "fiscal conservatives" who have proven to be full of suit in the past.

Thanks. Ford needs to be confronted on many issues; my 'expertise' is only on the addiction front, so I will be limiting my comments to that -- but in no way mean to minimize the importance of the others. There are so many issues that I think we can spread ourselves too thin if each of us try to address all of them.

And yeah, non-random testing is useless -- as in non-supervised testing. And there are ways to supervise the testing without actually having to watch Ford urinate (ew), so he can't use that as an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back