News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep down, Rob Ford really does not want to be mayor. All the awful political choices made in the last four years have been of his own making. His finger is always on the self-destruct button and he's pushed that button many, many times. Nothing in the last sixty days makes me think any of that will change. He is just looking for a way out...

I was just thinking how I wish he falls off the wagon and gets caught, so we can get rid of him once and for all. Then the angel on my right shoulder chastised me for wishing that. I want him to go down via drugs and alcohol, and I feel just a tiny little bit guilty for that. Thanks to this support group, I don't feel so bad now :).

I was just thinking how I wish he falls off the wagon and gets caught, so we can get rid of him once and for all. Then the angel on my right shoulder chastised me for wishing that. I want him to go down via drugs and alcohol, and I feel just a tiny little bit guilty for that. Thanks to this support group, I don't feel so bad now :).

You just tell that little angel to shoosh. It's allowed.

Everyone: As I noticed this picture posted I remembered that at some point RF had the Ontario vanity license plate ROB FORD
registered to one of his SUV's...Is this plate still in use if anyone knows?

I see two problems with continued use of the ROB FORD plate: First the obvious about drawing unwanted attention to himself
being as controversial as he is and the second being the thought of someone stealing one or both of these plates - With Ontario
vanity plates being expensive this could become a costly problem for RF and reverting to standard series Ontario passenger
plates could be a option to prevent this from happening...

Personalized vanity plates can be fun to have but in this case lead to problems that one would rather not have to deal with...

LI MIKE

According to Metro, Rob Ford stopped using personalized plates when he started driving the Escalade. Prior to that, "Ford was long known for driving an old beige minivan with a “ROB FORD†vanity plate. He later changed the plate to “DON BOSCO,†the name of the high school whose football team he [coached]."

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/33...ght-reading-while-driving-says-im-a-busy-man/

I'm with you, Oriana. The stakes are too high for him to get caught at anything between now and the election. That's going to give him a lot more will power.

You guys are talking like addicts make rational decisions about using.

"I'm using so much I'm going to lose my job. Almost losing my job is stressful, so I'm going to use to handle the stress of almost losing my job!" This is addict thinking. It's not rational, there's no willpower involved. Addicts use to cope with things, and he's about to enter the most stressful period of his life.

Weren't the stakes just as high a few months ago? This is a guy who was on international TV telling everyone he only used once in a drunken stupor. All he had to do was just lay low and not be videotaped using crack cocaine and he couldn't even do that.

He's given no evidence of any kind of serious recovery attempt, and as someone who's been through the process, I can say that it's highly unlikely that he's going to last even a couple months without slipping. And when the pressure is really really high, and you're working really really hard not to slip, then the slips get really really big.

Hell at that stage of recovery, you get a month clean and you think "I should celebrate!" and you go out with your friends and have a couple drinks and bam, you're back at the afterhours scoring something.

I will eat a hat, any hat, if he manages to stay sober until election day. I think the odds are about 3:1 against that he manages to keep his slip-ups quiet. But this guy has such terrible judgement, he's going to be out and about in no time.

Look at this way - he sure as hell doesn't give a shit about any of your problems, so why should you waste any sympathy on him.

You guys are talking like addicts make rational decisions about using.

"I'm using so much I'm going to lose my job. Almost losing my job is stressful, so I'm going to use to handle the stress of almost losing my job!" This is addict thinking. It's not rational, there's no willpower involved. Addicts use to cope with things, and he's about to enter the most stressful period of his life.

Weren't the stakes just as high a few months ago? This is a guy who was on international TV telling everyone he only used once in a drunken stupor. All he had to do was just lay low and not be videotaped using crack cocaine and he couldn't even do that.

He's given no evidence of any kind of serious recovery attempt, and as someone who's been through the process, I can say that it's highly unlikely that he's going to last even a couple months without slipping. And when the pressure is really really high, and you're working really really hard not to slip, then the slips get really really big.

Hell at that stage of recovery, you get a month clean and you think "I should celebrate!" and you go out with your friends and have a couple drinks and bam, you're back at the afterhours scoring something.

I will eat a hat, any hat, if he manages to stay sober until election day. I think the odds are about 3:1 against that he manages to keep his slip-ups quiet. But this guy has such terrible judgement, he's going to be out and about in no time.

Good points, Franks, and you're probably right. I know from my own efforts to quit smoking that you spend a lot of time making deals with yourself. "I've gone a whole week without a cigarette. I can have just one, right? It's a party. A special occasion." And so on. Obviously, Rob's going to be dealing with that for a long time. In fact, I see his whole rehab effort as a form of deal-making, which is why I don't see it lasting. I may not have put it well in my earlier post, but I what I'm saying is that I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of Rob being stupid enough to blow his last chance. But that's me, not Rob Ford.

Deep down, Rob Ford really does not want to be mayor. All the awful political choices made in the last four years have been of his own making. His finger is always on the self-destruct button and he's pushed that button many, many times. Nothing in the last sixty days makes me think any of that will change. He is just looking for a way out...

+1 ! His return is about FoFam and its interests, which at this point is to find or keep some kind of nasty, pointy-headed dignity. Adopting this as a “conservative political position” is only a face-saving tactic. The emperor has no clothes there.

... he's going to be out and about in no time.

Yes, this is interesting. I notice he tends to go out and about when he’s high. E.g., when he took his 4 unknown new friends to CH, went home, and then went back out to Muzik.

This appears to irritate Doug, who can’t understand why Rob won’t stay in the basement when he’s having a few pops. In Old Lampy’s day, what happened in Suite 1735 stayed in Suite 1735.

As for RoFo’s possible lapsing, a funny thing about passive-aggressive responses is that they are often subconscious. The inner child revolts against the inner parent who expects certain behaviour. This renders a lapse less predictable and more likely than many would hope.

… I want him to go down via drugs and alcohol …

I too think he’s abused the rehab process and has nothing to be proud of. However, I would much rather see him go down for his criminal associations, his conflicts of interest, and his $ costs to the city (e.g. the kill fees for in-flight transit projects). This is what has hurt the city more than the smell of crack at CH.

If he goes down for substance abuse, that will end up being a fig leaf for his foul politics. (Why does Hudak and Harper somehow come to mind? Hmmm.) Over the longer term, I say his bad PR for Toronto pales in comparison. To me, it’s still not so much about what he’s smokin, it’s who he’s smokin it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back