News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the same interview twice (with two different interviewers).

1. Why didn't CP24 and CBC compare notes beforehand and ask different questions?
2. Rob is an idiot, but an idiot who can stick to a script. That man is a human tape recorder.
Well, he had 60 days to memorize it.

Especially now that Jogger Joe is getting lots of media attention. :) It would have been ok except for that one shirtless dude ... because the media ignored the boos and cat-calls and focused on the cheers. And then Joe ran by .... (Joe is my new hero)

And that chance encounter happened literally as soon as he stepped foot on the pavement at his first public event.

Also seeing Doug in damage control is hilarious!

I found it odd that Rob Ford didn't mention how long he's been sober for. Let's say he was sober the entire time he was in rehab, wouldn't he be proud of that? That's 2 months of no alcohol. He should be happy. He didn't seem like it which leads me to think that he's still drinking.

Non-sequitur of the day.

Screenshot-8.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 949
Rob Ford says he's tried every drug you can name.

Stephanie Smyth said "name one".

So he admits to using mushrooms. When prodded, now denies "snorting, smoking, or shooting heroin".

Soooo... Since he said he HAD used heroin in an interview minute before, does that mean he's implying that he used heroin as a suppository?

I just read on Twitter that Mikey Ford has announced he's running. So it looks like the Fords have figured out they need a place holder for Rob. They were probably holding off, hoping that Rob was going to get a ticker tape parade after rehab, instead of topless jogger/teacher guy.

Rob's face looks sunburnt in that picture, but his hands aren't. Odd

Hotmail Lawyer explains why Rob isn't talking to police. "Right to remain silent". :rolleyes: What about the Mayor helping out an investigation into criminal and corrupt practices in the city?????

Mr. Morris, when contacted by The Globe and Mail, said he will continue to advise his client not to speak to police. “Everyone in Canada has the right to remain silent. It’s in our Charter. And he is going to maintain that right. That’s it,” he said.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...19412230/?click=sf_globefb#dashboard/follows/

ETA: Excellent post from the comments section.

Should Rob Ford get a free ride because alcoholism and drug addiction is a disease?

A 2012 arbitration award dealt with employer discipline for alcohol and drug related issues. In this case, the employee, a Crown counsel, was observed by City police in an area frequented by drug users. He was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine. After further investigation by the employer, he was fired. Here's what the arbitrator wrote:

"The nature of addiction, such as alcoholism (for example), is properly understood as a treatable illness. As an illness, it is non culpable in nature. But as a treatable illness, there is an incorporation of the individual's responsibility and accountability, ultimately not just in respect to treatment of the addiction, but also in respect to the workplace misconduct."

In the end, the arbitrator found that "the duty to accommodate is therefore not an issue because the Human Rights Code has no application" and dismissed the grievance. The Crown Counsel stayed fired.

Interviewers need to trot that out in response to "I have a disease. I said and did things that weren't me."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back