News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
hper, I'm still a-ruminating about your post-BBQ post on procedurally correct police process. Interesting and invaluable to my mental chatter. Much appreciated. Thank you.

Can't help myself asking -- it's almost like an addiction -- if you were only speaking rhetorically about a family intervention for RoFo?

Holy purple jesus his *family* just threw him into the fire! Doug Jr, the namesake, the CEO, who's now the family patriarch, is producer of this mad show. (As for Renata, given what I imagine goes on at Edenbridge Manor, I wouldn't be surprised if she were too *afraid* to p on him if he were on fire)

"Rock star" my backside. James Brown used to have "the cape guy" who gently led the man offstage when he was down on his knees in front of the audience testifying "please please please". You'd think brother-love would motivate Doug to do the same at this point.

But no. So I'll say what others have said before me: Worst. Brother. Ever.

Hey, Lampy. Don't a'ruminate too hard. Just an anecdote that bears no fruit except for the fact that One Cop Said One Thing. At a BBQ. With a can of Stella in their hand. So, yeah. Bullet-proof nothing.

As far as intervention goes? Please, someone. Do it. It looks like his family has neither the will, the intention or the love to do so. Sad to say.

Thanks for Cape Guy, though. Always loved Cape Guy, and old JB theatrics. Weirdly ironic metaphor. Rob's 'Cape Guy' keeps pushing him ON to the stage when it often looks like he wants to GTFO. And the 'Please, Please, Please' is more about making it stop.

Last edited:
I disagree with this. The public is absolutely ripe for this to go down now. There really doesn't seem to be that goodwill from people who previously tried desperately to muster empathy and compassion from the most remote parts of their being.....

As much as I appreciate your optimism, public opinion isn't going to sway the TPS/Crown in their decision on charges. They'll do it when/if they have a winnable set of facts. As it stands, it sounds more like they have a pile of evidence, but not a clear-cut, provable case.

Thank you, CityNews, for appropriate use of quotation marks:

Rob Ford did do interviews on Wednesday with two Toronto television reporters. During those, he admitted that he’s been an addict for many years, has consumed a plethora of drugs and used racist and homophobic slurs because his “disease” turned him into someone else.

From the sit-in:

Mayor Ford has left CH. Would not answer questions. Crazy supporter emerging w mayor shoves cameramen and demands press not ask questions.

Talk among cameramen is crazy guy known for previous vicious accusations against press. Dan Jacobs cautioned/reminded guy against violence.

CH security did not eject anti-press crazy protestor, he's walking around CH.

Cameraman turned to me after attack and said 'That's Ford Nation for you'.

City hall is becoming a really dangerous place.

As much as I appreciate your optimism, public opinion isn't going to sway the TPS/Crown in their decision on charges. They'll do it when/if they have a winnable set of facts. As it stands, it sounds more like they have a pile of evidence, but not a clear-cut, provable case.

Just to clarify, I wasn't implying that the TPS will move in based on the tides of public opinion. Just speculating around the public reaction to an arrest that is most likely based on my unscientific observations and ramblings.

By my reckoning, Rob is cancelling interviews because he's already been pounded on the drug side of things and isn't winning much sympathy. More interviews would almost certainly mean new lines of questioning, eg. Deco conflicts, abuse of office etc. His rehab script isn't going to help him there, and he certainly doesn't want to see the subjects back in the headlines.

I wonder of the the repayment idea came when Ford returned and he was asked by the City for specific documentation that he was in rehab for the entire time he said he was.
paging casita!

He's awesome but at the same time, the #rfmg sit-in has been doing what he did since February. Instead of people saying they hope this is the start of something, it would be great to see more people take some shifts and help us out. We need more people and ideally need 2 anchors or more at all times since the Fords are playing games with us.
how about a shirtless sit-in? :p that'll get attention!

Amin Massoudi doesn't answer questions. I guess he learned from his boss(es): http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=198726

Massoudi must be one of those people who don't want anyone to feel sorry for him just because he was sick, 'cause he's made sure to squander any goodwill he might have had. Mission accomplished, Amin. Go f*$^ yourself! :)

Massoudi must be one of those people who don't want anyone to feel sorry for him just because he was sick, 'cause he's made sure to squander any goodwill he might have had. Mission accomplished, Amin. Go f*$^ yourself! :)

Isn't that the truth? Everyone felt sorry for him because he had cancer but now he seems worse than Graeme. Every single one of Ford's staffers are toxic.

Just to clarify, I wasn't implying that the TPS will move in based on the tides of public opinion. Just speculating around the public reaction to an arrest that is most likely based on my unscientific observations and ramblings.

Ah. I see. Thanks. And yes, an arrest now would go down pretty well with most of the public.

I wonder if the bomb that could be dropping is related to what Jimmi posted on twitter earlier? (Posted here earlier too, but people have forgotten it due to RoDoFo's imbecility.) Jimmi seems to get a heads up from Kevin D about what he is writing a day or two before it is published.

I wonder if there's a whole treasure trove of stuff saved up on him that they didn't publish while he was at robhab out of "respect for privacy" and wanting to give him a chance to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back