40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knock-on Effect

I sometimes confuse the two.

View attachment 29048
You want a punch in the head, big fella?
Maybe you've already had one.

Not saying this has anything to do with anything, but I am surprised to learn that 45-50% of all men in the prison system (Canada, Australia, US) have an acquired brain injury. Many don't know they have one. Maybe Bruno's got one. Maybe someone we know, erm, "serviced" him.

"Side effects include memory loss, aggression, impulsivity and lack of anger control. It can restrict insight - into consequences or the importance of, say, legal proceedings. It can cause disinhibition, leading to substance abuse and other risk taking. Repetitive tendencies are also common"

You don't need to have gone to prison to have acquired a brain injury. Most inmates who have one received it prior to incarceration. Hanging out with your homies (or your brother) could be damaging to your head health.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/every-second-prisoner-has-brain-injury-20140629-zsq2q.html

http://www.bist.ca/brain-injury-fact-figures

http://www.brainline.org/downloads/PDFs/Traumatic Brain Injury Among Prisoners.pdf

Rob deserved what he got from being at that parade.
Who else would go away for two months and not spend their first full day back with their family?
He just did a televised speech the night before, seen by tens of thousands. Why go out the next day to campaign for dozens of parade watchers?
Imagine some of the good will it may have generated if it looked like he was trying to change his ways, by spending his first day back trying to reconnect with his wife and kids, instead of passing out his tacky magnets.
Sometimes the best campaigning must be no campaigning.
Don't tell us you're a changed man, show us.
Idiot.

Imagine some of the good will it may have generated if it looked like he was trying to change his ways, by spending his first day back trying to reconnect with his wife and kids, instead of passing out his tacky magnets.

Well, he did have his son along, if that counts as "reconnection" (uh....yeah)

Though I find it interesting that it was only Littlest Doug along, and not Stephanie--given past hints of "feisty behaviour" (like, at the Staples photo op), I wouldn't be surprised if the FoFam decided she was too much to handle this time, esp. if she's easing into double-digit years. (I've been that age, and have had siblings who were that age. Ford pathology aside, I know what such "certain age" feistiness can be like.)

just posted... (by 16yr- old kid)
@Shoobay_ 11m
My nigga Rob Ford tho pic.twitter.com/9RAxIXjUFo

at first I thought it might be old, but over the shoulder of the last guy on the right... it's that Silverstein guy, right? And the girl, saw her in photos from East York yesterday too.
BrmG2LHCQAAg8NW.jpg:large

@Shoobay_ 11m

at first I thought it might be old, but over the shoulder of the last guy on the right... it's that Silverstein guy, right? And the girl, saw her in photos from East York yesterday too.
BrmG2LHCQAAg8NW.jpg:large

I'm 99 percent certain this is an old photo.

Earl Provost is visible to the right of the kid with the green baseball cap ... and I believe he's now working in Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly's office.

Ford looks so out of it, though.

Good Lord.

Last edited:
@Shoobay_ 11m

Good find, but I think it's an old one. The OP posted a bit earlier that this was a year old pic, and he's wearing the same shirt as in the Ford pic. https://twitter.com/Shoobay_/status/484563440279621632

smyth.jpg

Anyone watch this? Ford did seem highly sedated during these interviews. And he did look really angry when she asked him this question. Can't find the 5/5:30 video she refers to online.

Attachments

• smyth.jpg
    smyth.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 883
I followed Robb on Twitter when her account was posted on here. She soon followed me back, and after a quick exchange about Ford, she Direct Messaged me:

LeeAnne
Hey there

Me
7h
Hello

LeeAnne
7h
What's up why are you dissing Rob?

Me
6h
Because I don't like having a druggie criminal as mayor of my city, or his lying, gay-baiting, criminal friends, influence peddling etc

Me
6h
Or his sexual harrassment, calling Dale a pedophile, idiot displays in public, or drunk driving.
How do you feel about drunk driving?
-----------------
No reply since then, unsurprisingly.

Its the two part interview, http://www.cp24.com/video#391251 and http://www.cp24.com/video#391258 - and he looks like he's speaking as slowly as possible so he gets less questions.

I saw the interview, but got the impression from her tweet that there may be something else to it. Guess she was just referring to his slow talking. He did indeed look medicated though. When not on downers his speech tends to rise in pitch at the end of each sentence, especially when asked stressful questions. Whenever I see him trail off and drop in pitch at the end of his sentences I assume he is taking sedatives/anti-anxiety meds.

Everything he has demonstrated in demeanour and comments since June 30 illustrates a tentative step towards Step 1 - acceptance that he is powerless over alcohol/drugs.

I have friends.... so I have learned a bit, but enough about that. I posted the exact same thing on my FB page earlier this evening. He's still working his way through step 1. I hate to see this because I really want him to succeed with his alcohol & drug issues so we can vote him out in October, fair and square, but I just don't see him making it through until then. Or though until the end of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back