8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://globalnews.ca/news/1429438/rob-ford-cancels-interview-for-second-time/

TORONTO – Mayor Rob Ford cancelled an interview late Wednesday evening with Global News anchor Leslie Roberts scheduled for Thursday afternoon.

His staff says he wants to “focus on the campaign.”

“We’ve had a change of heart and feel that Rob has said all he has to say and he wants to focus on the campaign so he won’t be doing any more interviews,” Ford’s communications director Jeff Silverstein told Roberts Wednesday night.

The latest cancellation is the second time Wednesday his staff cancelled an interview with Roberts. An interview was originally scheduled last week for Wednesday morning before his staff said the mayor wouldn’t do five interviews in one day.

Roberts later agreed to a rescheduled interview for Thursday afternoon at the mayor’s office.

He did do two interviews, one with CBC and another with CP24, before cancelling interviews with Global News and CTV.

But in the weeks leading up to the mayor’s return from rehab, his brother and campaign manager, Councillor Doug Ford, first promised sit-down, one-on-one interviews with every interested media outlet before scaling back that promise to include a select few – but that select few shrank further as his staff cancelled already-scheduled interviews.

"I wonder of the the repayment idea came when Ford returned and he was asked by the City for specific documentation that he was in rehab for the entire time he said he was."

Rehab would be on sick time. Not a Leave with Pay.

So, to collect sick benefits you would require a doctor's note for the admission, and verifiable proof that you were in compliance with the program.

I sometimes confuse the two.

View attachment 29048

I do hope that fact checkers will point out that his criminal activity was not on personal time as he stated in his interview. I also hope that they look at the schedule for Greenstone and when he was spotted out and about when he missed key counselling sessions whilst in rehab.

If he was not paid - or paid the money back - during his leave he is simply Leave no Pay ( LNP ). City would have no business asking questions if it is an unpaid leave.

If he was not paid - or paid the money back - during his leave he is simply Leave no Pay ( LNP ). City would have no business asking questions if it is an unpaid leave.

This is exactly why I thought he specifically took personal, not medical, leave.

I wonder if there's a whole treasure trove of stuff saved up on him that they didn't publish while he was at robhab out of "respect for privacy" and wanting to give him a chance to comment.

I doubt there's a treasure trove. Reporting takes a long time when the stories are hidden and senstive, and Rob's only been away for a couple of months. I'm sure we'll get new details over the summer on some of the stuff that's already out — Deco, abuse of office, maybe some more crime/drugs details etc. As for bombshells, Rob may well give us some new ones in the weeks to come.

I can't get Lady Gaga's song Born this way out of my head since Rob said he was born an alcoholic so I changed her lyrics to this

Rob Ford Version of Born This Way*
[Intro:]
It doesn't matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M
Just put your paws up
'cause you were born this way, baby

[Verse:]
My mama told me when I was young
We are all born as barstars
She rolled my joints and put my tourniquets on
We light up the glass in *her boudoir

"There's nothing wrong with loving who you are"
She said, "'Cause he made you perfect, babe"
"So hold your head up Rob and you'll go far,
Listen to me when I say"

[Chorus:]
I'm Alcoholic in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way
Don't let yourself feel regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I was born this way

[Post-chorus:]
Oh there ain't no other way
Baby I was born this way
Baby I was born this way
Oh there ain't no other way
Baby I was born this way
I was born this way

Just take a drag ‒ Don't be *a queen [x3]
Don't be!

[Verse:]
Give yourself influence
And share it with *friends
Subway, drugs, hide your truth
In the Nation of the insecure
I must be myself, no respectin' youth

A different *drug *is not a sin
Believe capital H-I-M (Hey hey hey)
I love my life I love this record and
Mi amore vole fe yah (Love needs faith)

[Repeat chorus + post-chorus]

[Bridge:]
Just take *a drag, Don't be a queen
Whether you're broke or evergreen
You're black, white, beige, chola descent
You're Lebanese, you're orient
Whether life's disabilities
Left you outcast, bullied, or teased
I hate you all just as much today
'cause baby you were born this way

No matter gay, straight, or bi,
Lesbian, transgendered life,
I'm on the right track baby,
I was born to survive.
No matter black, white or beige
Chola or orient made,
I'm on the right track baby,
I was born to misbehave*

[Repeat chorus + post-chorus]

[Outro/refrain:]
I was born this way hey!
I was born this way hey!
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way hey!
I was born this way hey!
I was born this way hey!
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way hey!

[Fade away:]
Same DNA, but born this way.
Same DNA, but born this way.

I'd like to know who that Ford Nation media-pusher is, given how he reportedly "has a record". (And thinking back to my speculations of potential FN-spurred violent acts at World Pride: given what we're presently seeing, maybe we should count our blessings that Ford returned when he did, as opposed to a week earlier.)

Right now, I'm wondering whether we'll be seeing RoFo fleeing back to Muskoka within a week or sooner, together w/DoFo and whomever else--hiding from *everyone*, citizens, cops, etc. And for all we know, they won't come out alive, either. (Does the family still have Doug Sr.'s reported gun collection?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back