News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's been reported on Twitter that Ford basically flat-out lied to Fairchild TV (Chinese), saying that council spent the money on the umbrellas and rocks at Sugar Beach as soon as he went away (to rehab). Four full years after the park opened.

You can't expect him to keep track of what year it is though. He has a disease and he's powerless.

@torontonaiop tweeted that Ford had been invited but has yet to confirm. Maybe they should say there's a big pothole in the middle of the stage surrounded by teenage girls with cameras and see if that gets him to show up.

He once said he would debate anyone, anywhere.

Can someone tell me why Sugar Beach has just become a big deal? It's been around for a while, correct? DMW and the Fords are both acting like it's recent, what happened to trigger this?

There was a debate at City Council about what degree of oversight City Counsel ought to have over Waterfront Toronto. DMW or his ilk brought up the cost of the umbrellas and rocks. under the theme of "Waterfront Toronto running wild" and Robbie and SlumDoug seized on it. (Needless to say, did not bring up the fact that the Feds paid $13 million of the $14 million cost to design and build Sugar Beach.)

Can someone tell me why Sugar Beach has just become a big deal? It's been around for a while, correct? DMW and the Fords are both acting like it's recent, what happened to trigger this?

Because Waterfront Toronto asked for more money recently (from govt and other sources) and I guess DMW decided it was time to look at line items in order to look like the fiscal responsibility guy. The Fords tried to jump on DMW's bandwagon (rather than the other way around, for a change) and got their facts even more wrong.

I can't find the records for it yet, but since RoFo is complaining about waterfront revitalization being a waste of money, I'm guessing that actually means he either voted for it at some point or didn't show up for the vote.

There was a debate at City Council about what degree of oversight City Counsel ought to have over Waterfront Toronto. DMW or his ilk brought up the cost of the umbrellas and rocks. under the theme of "Waterfront Toronto running wild" and Robbie and SlumDoug seized on it. (Needless to say, did not bring up the fact that the Feds paid $13 million of the $14 million cost to design and build Sugar Beach.)

I forgot the part about the feds paying for most of it. I'd have a tiny amount of respect for DMW if he had actually brought the issue up knowing that fact but allowing RoFo and DoFo to walk into a trap.

The Fords tried to jump on DMW's bandwagon (rather than the other way around, for a change) and got their facts even more wrong.

Full marks.

ETA: Not being snarky. Traffic on Twitter today, including with Danial Dale, triggered by the breach in space/time re Sugar Beach, about whether the Fords misapprehend the facts (ignorance and/or stupidity) or misstate the facts (lying) - a false dichotomy, since they do either or both from moment to moment, on a random basis.

Last edited:
Oh, but what happens in his personal time doesn't count! :D

He came out, and admitted that as a public figure, he does not have private time... well that was the day back from well-hab, I guess it doesn't count, Amin had his fingers crossed.

I forgot the part about the feds paying for most of it. I'd have a tiny amount of respect for DMW if he had actually brought the issue up knowing that fact but allowing RoFo and DoFo to walk into a trap.

Not only that: Flahertry made public statements in support of the project. When your only 'reading' material is the photos in the sports section of the Sun and you are just 'too busy' to be briefed by any staff, you tend to miss fine points like that.

I know.

But, it looks terrible when a candidate for chief magistrate has to admit that.

But this also has come to pass. Most recently in Dwight Drummond's post rehab interview. RoFo just kept stonewalling with the "advice of his lawyer" line. Dwight actually tried to force the issue but RoFo just kept repeating the mantra so ultimately he had to settle for "well, how would it look for the chief magistrate to refuse to talk to the police "etc.

Either way I don't think it will change things for the hardcore Ford Nation. My hope is that fence sitting and/or "too lazy to stay informed" voters caught the interview and start to see the light, further chipping away at RoFo's already low numbers.

So frustrating that he can get away with this bullshit.

They would not have seen it as a trap, for two reasons: (1) No doubt Flaherty was bamboozled, because, after all, he was a real, non-elite, champion of the common people like themselves and their Dad, and so his only 'reading' was the photos in the sports section of the Sun and he was just 'too busy' to catch all such details. (2) Anyway, the Feds must have paid for everything except the umbrellas and rocks, because the Fords were not handed anything else by DMW to complain about.

Great quote - Chapaquidick permutation of Billy Crystal in City Slickers: "We'll jump off that bridge when we get to it."
"Quote Originally Posted by pud99 View Post
I'll drive off that bridge when I come to it."

I don't think anyone is topping that comment!

Screenshot 2014-07-14 17.49.02.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-14 17.49.02.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-14 17.49.02.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 738
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back