News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me why Sugar Beach has just become a big deal? It's been around for a while, correct? DMW and the Fords are both acting like it's recent, what happened to trigger this?

It's because Waterfront Toronto wants to renew their financing and broaden their mandate, and so the cons are looking for nits to pick, and in this way somehow return to the days when these waterfront decisions favoured the developers rather than the citizens of Toronto.

Hey, look what I just got from @rofopho!

Screenshot 2014-07-14 17.44.54.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-14 17.44.54.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-14 17.44.54.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 654
Rob's sad and surreal response to Chow's push for handgun control. Anyone notice that these lies are getting more blatant...

reporterdonpeat 5:28pm via Twitter Web Client
"As Mayor, Rob Ford has given Toronto Police the resources they need to clean up our streets & make a lasting impact" Rob Ford campaign.

Last edited:
Regarding selfies; Has anybody heard of the "Travelling gnome Prank" People steal a garden gnome and take picture of it while on vacation. Ford is kind of like that. Taking a picture with him has become more like a internet meme more than anything else.

By the way how are people who paid money to go see a football game not be pissed off that Ford and his flock being a major distraction and blocking your view to get a selfie. What a bunch of inconsiderate f'ers. Seriously if I was sitting behind them I might start "throwing" if they block my view to take pictures with the clown.

I find it interesting he doesn't show up at TFC games which outdrew the Argos on Saturday. TFC does seem to have more of a "Downtown" crowd.

Rob's sad and surreal response to Chow's push for handgun control. Anyone notice that these lies are getting bigger...

"As Mayor, Rob Ford has given Toronto Police the resources they need to clean up our streets & make a lasting impact" Rob Ford campaign.

It's not materially inaccurate. The raid on Dixon, and the 15 Windsor tip, can be claimed by the mayor iirc.

Rob's sad and surreal response to Chow's push for handgun control. Anyone notice that these lies are getting bigger...

And calls their chief a coXXsucker!

Rob's sad and surreal response to Chow's push for handgun control. Anyone notice that these lies are getting more blatant...

Dammit, Olivia needs to pounce on this savagely instead of turning her nose up in distaste. I don't even necessarily agree with Chow's handgun plan, but Ford needs a smack.

She needs to say, "how dare you? You've been filmed smoking crack! You hung out with criminals, wrote letters of reference for them, got them jobs working with highschool kids. You directly funded the gun trade by giving your money to street gangs. You have literally no moral authority, whatsoever, to comment on my crime bill."

I'm sensing that the media is getting fed up. I hope they keep going after him.

Daniel Dale:

Rob Ford with a flat-out lie on Chinese-language TV, saying the Sugar Beach spending happened when he was in rehab...

Ford: "As soon as I go away, they go and spend $1 million on rocks and umbrellas." This spending happened several years ago, which he knows.

Rob Ford, who hasn't explained his relationships with alleged gun traffickers, says police have the resources to "clean up our streets."

Katie Simpson @KatieSimpson24 · 24m

In Toronto news, Rob Ford campaign puts out a news release about how he supports police. Note: he has not agreed to be interviewed by police

Katie Simpson @KatieSimpson24 · 22m

Also, Rob Ford was caught on video calling the chief of police a c***sucker. Here's part of the release

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 8h

Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly still releasing public schedule - no events on it today. Mayor Rob Ford still not releasing public schedule

Ann Hui @annhui · 2h

A Globe photo of Mayor Ford at Sugar Beach back in 2010 (by @2manycameras). So, yes, he knew about it

sort of agree, but then don peat, who i generally like, has just repeated verbatim Ford's statement about the police on his twitter feed. no comment, no corrections, just a straight transcription. this uncritical shilling has to stop.

You're absolutely right. The mayor went both places himself. Can't beat that.
Is that public service or what?

Above and beyond, truly above and beyond.
Bottom line, RoFo isn't afraid to get his hands dirty.

Because he's the MINO Toronto deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it.
Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Oh wait, sorry, it's just sober coach running away after -not- kicking someone. Pardon me, my mistake.

Has anybody heard of the "Travelling gnome Prank" People steal a garden gnome and take picture of it while on vacation.

Watch the movie Amalie. That is the origin. Amalie, who has a troubled relationship with her father, torments him by stealing his garden gnome and then having a friend carry it around the world and send back photos.

Amélie (French: Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (French pronunciation: ​[lə.fa.by.lø.dɛs.tɛ̃.da.me.li.puˈlɛ̃]); The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain) is a 2001 romantic comedy film directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Written by Jeunet with Guillaume Laurant, the film is a whimsical depiction of contemporary Parisian life, set in Montmartre. It tells the story of a shy waitress, played by Audrey Tautou, who decides to change the lives of those around her for the better, while struggling with her own isolation. The film was an international co-production between companies in France and Germany. Grossing over $33 million in limited theatrical release, it is still the highest-grossing French-language film released in the United States.[SUP][4] ...

[/SUP]The film met with critical acclaim and was a major box-office success. Amélie won Best Film at the European Film Awards; it won four César Awards (including Best Film and Best Director), two BAFTA Awards (including Best Original Screenplay), and was nominated for five Academy Awards. A Broadway adaptation is in development.[SUP][5]

[/SUP]
Amélie secretly executes complex schemes that affect the lives of those around her. ... She persuades her father to follow his dream of touring the world by stealing his
garden gnome and having a flight attendant friend airmail pictures of it posing with landmarks from all over the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back