News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same sort of Pavlov-ian reaction when I see either of the Fords on TV. I just can't help but unconsciously sneer. They are the only people on the planet I have that reaction to.

The only folks on the planet? Really? Boy.

There's a whole slew of folks I thoroughly dislike ... both here in the City of Toronto, and elsewhere.

INCLUDING yourself!

Just kidding, of course.

I have the same sort of Pavlov-ian reaction when I see either of the Fords on TV. I just can't help but unconsciously sneer. They are the only people on the planet I have that reaction to.

if i had the opportunity to have a photo taken with a ford, i'd like to make sure to do something like that... have some sort of expression of disgust and repulsion. i guess you'd have to make sure a friend is taking the photo so no one tips whichever ford off.

and bring your brother with you

I'm so sorry to do this, but you touched on my pet peeve and I just can't help myself. It is not possible to bring something to where you are not; you have to take it there. I hear this so often and it really irks me (plus it's super late and I'm grumpy and I'm going now). :eek:

I'm so sorry to do this, but you touched on my pet peeve and I just can't help myself. It is not possible to bring something to where you are not; you have to take it there. I hear this so often and it really irks me (plus it's super late and I'm grumpy and I'm going now). :eek:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bring

This reason you hear it so often is that it is proper English. See def.1

Jean-Pierre Jeunet is indeed great, but the stolen gnome thing dates back many years prior to Amelie.

Yes, prank garden ornament theft is 'as old as the hills', but the idea of having a gnome flown all over the world and photos sent back to the owner is not, I think. (Clearly, that travel web site stole the trope it from Amalie.)

Yes, prank garden ornament theft is 'as old as the hills', but the idea of having a gnome flown all over the world and photos sent back to the owner is not, I think. (Clearly, that travel web site stole the trope it from Amalie.)

I did it many years before Amelie and I stole the idea from somewhere, so I'm certain the film didn't invent it.

People should continue to take selfies with Ford but just make sure to hold their nose while doing so. Ditto if they are seen in a photo with him.

Sour Faced Selfies With Ford

if i had the opportunity to have a photo taken with a ford, i'd like to make sure to do something like that... have some sort of expression of disgust and repulsion. i guess you'd have to make sure a friend is taking the photo so no one tips whichever ford off.

Do you mean like this:

SourFaceFordNonFan.jpg

(This was posted a few weeks ago, makes me giggle every time I see it.)

Attachments

• SourFaceFordNonFan.jpg
    SourFaceFordNonFan.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 984
Baaaahhhhh

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/14/city-makes-35000-from-street-sign-auction

City makes $35,000 from street sign auction
By Don Peat ,City Hall Bureau Chief
First posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 07:49 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 07:46 AM EDT

A Yonge St. sign autographed by Mayor Rob Ford sold for $3,210.

The street monicker was the top seller in the first batch of decommissioned signs auctioned off by the city, according to City of Toronto information obtained by the Toronto Sun.
Council voted 36-5 in May to ban Ford from signing city signs before they hit the auction block.

It is the Sun, but I feel like if it's a DP story, then it is ok to post the link. :)

I'm sensing that the media is getting fed up. I hope they keep going after him.

Daniel Dale:

Rob Ford with a flat-out lie on Chinese-language TV, saying the Sugar Beach spending happened when he was in rehab...

Ford: "As soon as I go away, they go and spend $1 million on rocks and umbrellas." This spending happened several years ago, which he knows.

Rob Ford, who hasn't explained his relationships with alleged gun traffickers, says police have the resources to "clean up our streets."

Katie Simpson @KatieSimpson24 · 24m

In Toronto news, Rob Ford campaign puts out a news release about how he supports police. Note: he has not agreed to be interviewed by police

Katie Simpson @KatieSimpson24 · 22m

Also, Rob Ford was caught on video calling the chief of police a c***sucker. Here's part of the release

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 8h

Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly still releasing public schedule - no events on it today. Mayor Rob Ford still not releasing public schedule

Ann Hui @annhui · 2h

A Globe photo of Mayor Ford at Sugar Beach back in 2010 (by @2manycameras). So, yes, he knew about it

The Bros. Ford also yammered briefly about Sugar Beach during one of the episodes of Ford Nation back in February. I've provided The Torontoist recap link in the event you don't want to watch it on the YouTube:

http://torontoist.com/2014/02/the-rob-and-doug-ford-web-show-recap-the-shame-edition/

Last edited:
A woman commented on Facebook in the Star's article about Ford's sugar beach lie that there have been multiple headlight smashes on DoFo's street, so I hope someone reports on that. Remember DoFo blamed the other campaign teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back