News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got Rob Ford's weekly email where he write 'folks...' a lot. Please address the two items bolded. What is he talking about and is he correct?

'Over 33' contracts? What kind of weirdly unspecific figure is that? Over 30, sure.

I wish he actually could get the help he needs. A fam member took 20 years but now his life has a self aware peace. I bet fun/nice Rob is actually a pretty cool guy.
Damn. Did I say that ?!

On the rare occasion, this thought has also crossed my mind.........then I remember the murder rant video. The man has a very short fuse, don't know if I'd wanna hang out with someone like that!

I get that most people here don't use the Waterfront, but y'all need to understand that the washrooms and umbrellas are miles apart. Umbrellas are on Sugar Beach, with its beautiful (really! It's fun!) views of Redpath's scoop unloading freighters, beautiful dockside walk and sand and Muskoka chairs. DMW is talking about the washroom at Cherry Beach sportsfields, where that $600k was probably covered by rent from the soccer and lacrosse users in one summer.

Why doesn't some photographer go down and take shots of the whole sports complex? Too much to ask of our media?

Probably. A lot of the 'my tax dollars!' crowd like to mix unfamiliarity and hyperbole in their complaints. That's how criticism of Underpass Park tends to relocate it from under Eastern and Richmond to 'under the Gardiner somewhere'.

Yeah I read all of that but it just doesn't have the ring of truth ...

Did our boys in blue act so hastily that their raid would hinge on the evidence of a mayor who because of his involvement would likely not cooperate? Or did they think he would cooperate, which seems VERY naive. Seems hard to believe in either case. Normally I would expect a raid when all the ducks are lined up and prosecution would "stick". And that's why I think there is more to this lack of prosecution (like a bigger fish) than mayor asshat isn't answering questions. Where's our whatthe? I think he's a lawyer - would be interested in his (or her) opinion.

Here are this weekend's big events/festivals. Time to reach out via email and social media and ask them why they haven't publicly un-invited Ford.

Have they publicly invited Ford to these events?

Yeah, but cartoon digits. Apparently drawing five fingers on each hand makes it look like too many.

Well five fingers on each hand is one too many

If Ford had A. Smith whacked, some people in their mutual inner circles would know. There's almost no sense in doing something like that if it doesn't also "send a message" (it certainly didn't scare anyone into destroying the crack video). Abdi and Siad were having the "Ya, he said I’ll give you $5,000 and a car, WTF is that?†conversation literally 13.5 hours before Smith was shot. They didn't have another conversation the next day saying "oh man this guy's serious, let's not f*ck with him!"

A few weeks later, others took Ford's cellphone and then haggled with Lisi over how much weed it would take for them to give it back! Would you do that with the property of a guy who you think had someone gunned down in the middle of downtown? Basso called him a f*cking idiot. She worried about the cops coming around every day, screwing up their 'business' but she didn't think RoFo was going to come over and kill them. Siad continued to try to sell the video; he seemed more worried about what other dealers would do to him (either because they don't approve of him blackmailing a good customer like Rofo, or because they wanted the lucrative vid for themselves) than being worried about the Fords.

What if Ford ordered Lisi (or someone else) to 'deal with' the problem (whether it was the video or something else) and Lisi/someone else went too far?

Have they publicly invited Ford to these events?

Some have, others he crashes. Point is to make Ford's presence toxic, and people who have spent six months organizing something don't want controversy. These are community events supported by tax dollars (oh the hypocritical gravy) so if you live in the community it's fair game.

If anyone has a reddit account they could also post the list there.

Would also be great to go back on his voting record to see if voted against funding anything he shows up at.

I've been educating myself on baby-toes. ( That's the sort of thing you have time for when retired. )

"Never marry a man who can wiggle his little toe:

Childlike impishness is a characteristic of those with small little toes. You’ll shy away from responsibility, be easily bored and constantly looking for amusing diversions. You are great fun to be with, sociable and witty, but your Peter Pan tendencies can land you in trouble — we all have to grow up sometime.

And if you can wiggle your little toe separately from your fourth toe, you are an impulsive, adventurous, charming flirt. If you can’t, you value routine, predictability and loyalty. Go for a man who can wiggle his little toe if you want a mad, fun, frenetic wild night out — but as for marriage, pick a chap who can’t wiggle to save his life."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...t-reveal-secrets-character.html#ixzz37pWAjXpb

On the rare occasion, this thought has also crossed my mind.........then I remember the murder rant video. The man has a very short fuse, don't know if I'd wanna hang out with someone like that!

Oh for sure. Let's be clear here, even if I think there might be a -very- small part of Rob Ford that needs and deserves help.
It doesn't change the fact that I think he's cartoonishly unfit even as a MINO.

Before he can get real help, he needs to stop.
Unfortunately he seems to be following Best Brother Ever Thug's habit
of doubling down on the stupids.

He deserves help as a person - and that help should not be construed as validation or support for him to continue his role as the mayor, which is something he is unfit for.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back