News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the "victim card" is less effective than he think - his brand is tarnished, and just how many would think of him as a victim at this point? That base 25%? By all means solidify his support among that crowd - there is more to be gained by reinforcing the fact that he plays by a different set of rules from everyone else.

AoD
I was thinking his solid hard core support is somewhere around 18%...He is only playing for another 12 to 15% to get him over the hump...He wants the other major four to "stay the course" and beat the heck out of each other by election day and scrape thru with between 30 & 33% support....

That guy is just looking for attention.
I'd suggest the ignore feature, but sadly it's disabled for that particular poster :(.

I wonder what that poster would think if you happened to snap a pic of him fallng out of the 'lade with vodka bottles falling and smashing behind him? "It's his personal time!! He can and should do as he wants!!" Would not be a surprising response.

That's a question for Admin. Why is Kristopher not blockable? Can his status be shifted so that those who don't want to read his pointless, judgemental, crabby, holier-than-thou posturings can ignore him?

That's a question for Admin. Why is Kristopher not blockable? Can his status be shifted so that those who don't want to read his pointless, judgemental, crabby, holier-than-thou posturings can ignore him?

I can't even put him on my ignore list. I've put this question to the admins.

I can't even put him on my ignore list. I've put this question to the admins.

For the record Kristopher has been a member since 2007. He has had 7000 posts. To call him a troll is patently ridiculous - I suspect he has been a member of Urban Toronto since before most people in this thread.

Khristopher raises a valid point - heckling the mayor at public events (as Joe the jogger did) is par for the course I suppose; however, do we as citizenry have a public right to report breathlessly on when the mayor is at home? Rob Ford is an exception and newspaper outlets like the Star have certainly walked this fine line throughout the mayor's tenure (recall the Star's op-ed explaining why they reported on RoFo's time in Greenstone).

A forum is based on engagement and understanding where the line draws for politicians between personal and private will be Rob Ford's political legacy; just as it was probably Bill Clinton's too. If we lose engagement and simply ignore people because we don't agree 100% with their voice - then this becomes an echo chamber. Not a forum.

For the record Kristopher has been a member since 2007. He has had 7000 posts. To call him a troll is patently ridiculous - I suspect he has been a member of Urban Toronto since before most people in this thread.

Khristopher raises a valid point - heckling the mayor at public events (as Joe the jogger did) is par for the course I suppose; however, do we as citizenry have a public right to report breathlessly on when the mayor is at home? Rob Ford is an exception and newspaper outlets like the Star have certainly walked this fine line throughout the mayor's tenure (recall the Star's op-ed explaining why they reported on RoFo's time in Greenstone).

A forum is based on engagement and understanding where the line draws for politicians between personal and private will be Rob Ford's political legacy; just as it was probably Bill Clinton's too. If we lose engagement and simply ignore people because we don't agree 100% with their voice - then this becomes an echo chamber. Not a forum.

Gotcha. 7k posts out weighs the 10s of thousands useful posts in this thread.

Rob Ford is an unrepentant criminal. His inner circle have criminal records.

But maybe you guys are right... His personal (READ:crime) time is none of your business.
Where would Mr Kristoph draw the line on acceptable crimes?
Corruption?
Wife beating?
Rape?
Murder?

If he were witnessed doing those things "in his personal time", would he report it?

RoFo is a piece of shit, and he is still fucking up -personal time or not.

Well said

Thanks. Appreciated this, especially the last paragraph - well said.

I think the "victim card" is less effective than he think - his brand is tarnished, and just how many would think of him as a victim at this point? That base 25%? By all means solidify his support among that crowd - there is more to be gained by reinforcing the fact that he plays by a different set of rules from everyone else.

AoD

I think you're spot on with this. Even former support has clearly been diminished. I don't think it's too 'hopeful' to think the 25% figure is too high now.

I don't think anyone here has suggested khristopher is a troll. And I'm with you on not wanting to see the thread be an echo chamber. (I'd be a terrible mod, I'll leave it at that.)

But what khristopher does have is a history of chastising the posters on this thread (all you people do is speculate! this thread used to be good but now it's shit! I had to scan pages and pages to find anything useful! don't violate copyright! don't stalk rob ford!) None of this is to say that khristopher doesn't have a point - safe to say we've all thought one or more of these things at some point. But I can see how some posters may be weary of such contributions.

Asking for the opportunity to 'ignore' seems a reasonable - and non-confrontational - way for posters to get to enjoy the thread without the distraction.

Racquette, The fact of the matter R Ford doesn't care whether the Old City or North York are for him...he is looking to the 41% of Toronto's population that lives in Scarborough, York and Etobicoke to landslide for him...I think he and D figure the Old City/East York (S of Eg) will go Chow/Tory North Toronto will go Stintz/Chow and North York is up for grabs and with Soknacki picking up the thinking man vote..that being the case something like 33% or less of the popular vote will win the election

Last edited:
I don't think anyone here has suggested khristopher is a troll. And I'm with you on not wanting to see the thread be an echo chamber. (I'd be a terrible mod, I'll leave it at that.)

But what khristopher does have is a history of chastising the posters on this thread (all you people do is speculate! this thread used to be good but now it's shit! I had to scan pages and pages to find anything useful! don't violate copyright! don't stalk rob ford!) None of this is to say that khristopher doesn't have a point - safe to say we've all thought one or more of these things at some point. But I can see how some posters may be weary of such contributions.

Asking for the opportunity to 'ignore' seems a reasonable - and non-confrontational - way for posters to get to enjoy the thread without the distraction.

Agreed completely.

I'm sure this is not going to win me any popularity contests, but I was far more disturbed by what went down with the poster on Friday. He came on here saying he didn't think Ford was under the influence on Danzig the other day. I vehemently disagree, but it's his right to think otherwise. He said he had occasion to interact with Ford many times, but did not want to give details, and that he voted for Ford, but is now firmly in the anti-Ford camp. Right off the bat, he was called a troll and an attention-seeker for not sharing information, and basically that he is an idiot for EVER voting for Ford. Maybe he was, but it seems to me he stayed fairly civil until he had been attacked multiple times, and then he got snippy and defensive. And then he was banned.

Seriously, this is not the way to win Ford Nation over. In my opinion, the behaviour toward him, a former Ford supporter who has seen the light and changed his mind, was just as bad as anti-Ford people experience when posting on IHTWORF. If he'd been allowed to stick around and discuss and engage and get to know the community, he might have shared what he knew at some point. But it was just a straight-up attack from the beginning. THAT is an example of this thread being an echo chamber.

I know most won't agree, but that's just my opinion.

That was well said.

But let's not let one UT member or discussion about a member take over a thread. (The admin status was odd though and looking into it partly to satisfy my curiosity. I am not a huge fan of the "ignore" function and have never used it myself.)

Onwards and upwards.

Hahah someone on the twitter mentioned the saddam song in the South Park movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yADrtfAmLTo&t=0m28s

Some people say that I'm a bad guy
They may be right, they may be right!
But its not as if I dont try
I just fuck up!
Try as I might.

But I can change, I can change!!!
I can learn to keep my promises, I swear it!
I'll open up my heart and I will share it!
Any minute now I will be born again!
Yes I can change, I can change!!!
I know I've been a dirty little bastard

Agreed completely.

I'm sure this is not going to win me any popularity contests, but I was far more disturbed by what went down with the poster on Friday. He came on here saying he didn't think Ford was under the influence on Danzig the other day. I vehemently disagree, but it's his right to think otherwise. He said he had occasion to interact with Ford many times, but did not want to give details, and that he voted for Ford, but is now firmly in the anti-Ford camp. Right off the bat, he was called a troll and an attention-seeker for not sharing information, and basically that he is an idiot for EVER voting for Ford. Maybe he was, but it seems to me he stayed fairly civil until he had been attacked multiple times, and then he got snippy and defensive. And then he was banned.

Seriously, this is not the way to win Ford Nation over. In my opinion, the behaviour toward him, a former Ford supporter who has seen the light and changed his mind, was just as bad as anti-Ford people experience when posting on IHTWORF. If he'd been allowed to stick around and discuss and engage and get to know the community, he might have shared what he knew at some point. But it was just a straight-up attack from the beginning. THAT is an example of this thread being an echo chamber.

I know most won't agree, but that's just my opinion.

The same thing happened with Cowboy Logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back